By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Final Fantasy XV total shipments top six million

Ka-pi96 said:
tbone51 said:

1.07mil actually and thats assuming the shipment didnt go up as that is day 1 (by going up i mean a little like an extra 30k-50k for some stores?) and also MC just came out like under a half hour ago. So i was using the 880k figure. Still about 200k on store shelves. 

Also to point out NoA will have a ton of extra shipments for ffxv from this past holiday month.

Nintendo of America? Extra shipments for FFXV? :O

Lmao i mean NA xD

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Turkish said:

It's the industry standard to report like that, seen Sony first do it back in 2013 when they announced TLOU sales numbers. Also the industry is about 20-30% digital right now according to various sources, so we could say that FF15 is about 1-1.5M digital.

Thats even more reason then that the game hasnt sold 5mil. Do you really think its under 1mil in stores rivht now WW?

Japan for example has over 200k on store shelves. Europe probably has more than that and NoA easily has alot. Game isnt sold out. Extra shipment means demand is there but its not like stores dont have 10s and 10s of copies left. I still think the game sold over 4mil. Well get NPD tomorrow so we should get a better understanding. 

Well, there's some wrong here.

Japan has less than 20% of its shipment left and it's been that way for 3 weeks? MC and Famitsu both agree with this. Simple math suggests <200k left based on sold compared to 80-100% of shipment sold through.

The semantics of how much it sold vs shipped aren't really important or the point. Retailers would not order more copies if the game wasn't selling. It clearly is. That's good news and the point of the PR.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

GameStop is selling it for $40 right now.

Same with Amazon. "Meeting/exceeding sales expectations" and "33% discount at biggest brick and mortar and online reatiler" don't jive to me...

That's real cute.

outlawauron said:
tbone51 said:

Thats even more reason then that the game hasnt sold 5mil. Do you really think its under 1mil in stores rivht now WW?

Japan for example has over 200k on store shelves. Europe probably has more than that and NoA easily has alot. Game isnt sold out. Extra shipment means demand is there but its not like stores dont have 10s and 10s of copies left. I still think the game sold over 4mil. Well get NPD tomorrow so we should get a better understanding. 

Well, there's some wrong here.

Japan has less than 20% of its shipment left and it's been that way for 3 weeks? MC and Famitsu both agree with this. Simple math suggests <200k left based on sold compared to 80-100% of shipment sold through.

The semantics of how much it sold vs shipped aren't really important or the point. Retailers would not order more copies if the game wasn't selling. It clearly is. That's good news and the point of the PR.

Im not saying alot thats why i pointed put an extra 30k-50k (as a maybe). There could be very few retailers that needed to order more but then again as you said maybe all the big ones really dont need too as the game has already been slashed (price) by alot.

Around the Network

Great. Game looks awesome.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

specialk said:

GameStop is selling it for $40 right now.

Same with Amazon. "Meeting/exceeding sales expectations" and "33% discount at biggest brick and mortar and online reatiler" don't jive to me...

So are Titanfall 2, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Dishonored 2, Watch Dogs 2, Skyrim...

Basically all big releases of November are discounted by now. That's how it works especially after the holiday period.

Boutros said:

So are Titanfall 2, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Dishonored 2, Watch Dogs 2, Skyrim...

Basically all big releases of November are discounted by now. That's how it works especially after the holiday period.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all of those games sales disappointments? 

The sales story of TF2, Watchdogs 2, and Dishonored 2 are all the same. Underperforming the original by a big margin.

When I think of AAA games tearing up the charts, I look at games like GTA V and Pokemon X and Y. Still going for full retail years after release. 

Obviously not every game can be GTA V, but I don't think it is very good news for these games and AAA games in general that we're seeing such deep discounts starting a week after launch. 

This game is $40 at GameStop and BestBuy and I'm willing to bet that almost every store has multiple copies. I don't think this is flying off shelves. If they hit that 10M number, it will be because of aggressive discounting. 

specialk said:
Boutros said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all of those games sales disappointments? 

The sales story of TF2, Watchdogs 2, and Dishonored 2 are all the same. Underperforming the original by a big margin.

When I think of AAA games tearing up the charts, I look at games like GTA V and Pokemon X and Y. Still going for full retail years after release. 

Obviously not every game can be GTA V, but I don't think it is very good news for these games and AAA games in general that we're seeing such deep discounts starting a week after launch. 

This game is $40 at GameStop and BestBuy and I'm willing to bet that almost every store has multiple copies. I don't think this is flying off shelves. If they hit that 10M number, it will be because of aggressive discounting. 

Here is the thing though, Square absolutely does not care if you buy it from Gamestop for 60 or for 40.  They got their dollars when Gamestop bought it from them.  For Square 10mill sold is for the same dollar amount regardless.

Neodegenerate said:

Here is the thing though, Square absolutely does not care if you buy it from Gamestop for 60 or for 40.  They got their dollars when Gamestop bought it from them.  For Square 10mill sold is for the same dollar amount regardless.

I don't see retailers ordering millions more copies if deeply discounted copies are sitting on shelves. 

I think FFXV needs deep retail discounts to clear out stock + online discounts to hit that 10M. Just my read on the situation though.