By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Moderator Thread

Hey mods, I guess I just have a question as to whether or not you can call someone by their username? Now, let me explain more. Is it acceptable to call fatslob a fat slob, and CerebralBore a cerebral bore? I guess just one of those shower thoughts I was having.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
VGPolyglot said:
Hey mods, I guess I just have a question as to whether or not you can call someone by their username? Now, let me explain more. Is it acceptable to call fatslob a fat slob, and CerebralBore a cerebral bore? I guess just one of those shower thoughts I was having.

Sure, you can. And in the particular case of 0815user, it should be made a requirement.

Thanks, unofficial mod Rol. And I had to search up 0815, never heard of that German expression before.

VGPolyglot said:

Intent and context are key to any situation and any moderator worth their salt would look into it closely rather than just hit you for name calling.

CGI-Quality said:
VGPolyglot said:

Well here's an "official" Mod's question to that: do you have a comradery with them?

Shouldn't all VGC members be considered comrades ;)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

CGI-Quality said:
VGPolyglot said:

Well here's an "official" Mod's question to that: do you have a comradery with them?

Ah, I see. Te answer is no, but that leads to a different question. I am friends with some people on here, and we do jokingly call each other Xbots, Nintendrones and Ponies. However, I guess the difficulty in that is that not every mod would know about that. There are some mods who would know that it's friendly jokes, and there would be others who wouldn't.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:

In the case of CerebralBore given the context from where the name comes from, its using the word "bore" as in piercing which wont work as an insult.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

FunFan said:
VGPolyglot said:

In the case of CerebralBore given the context from where the name comes from, its using the word "bore" as in piercing which wont work as an insult.

Well, it'd still work as a pun.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=231368

Was my thread locked because of the title, or because I tried to make a thread in Japanese without asking for permission beforehand?

RolStoppable said:
VGPolyglot said:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=231368

Was my thread locked because of the title, or because I tried to make a thread in Japanese without asking for permission beforehand?

It got locked because the mod in question couldn't think of a better fix.

Well Rol, I have no idea if you even know which mod locked it. I don't even know myself.

RolStoppable said:
VGPolyglot said:

Well Rol, I have no idea if you even know which mod locked it. I don't even know myself.

It was Bristow. Duh.

I believe he would have said something to me if it was him. In any case, I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens to it.