By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Moderator Thread

RolStoppable said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Has there ever been a moderator who was moderated a few times in their past? Like, three times, or four times, or perhaps 50 times. I'm just picking random numbers....

Yes, that's why I still have hopes to get the job eventually.

Rooting for you!!!

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:

Carl has had quite a few moderations in the past, and is currently a mod.

Who's Carl? And has he ever been moderated for saying "generic cunt nuggets"?

Carl2291, he actually was a head mod at one point before stepping down. And that I do not know.

CGI-Quality said:
Has there ever been a moderator who was moderated a few times in their past? Like, three times, or four times, or perhaps 50 times. I'm just picking random numbers....

Yes, and it would be nice if we went back to the stricter ways of doing it ;)

You're just afraid that you will be replaced. All robots get replaced eventually

CGI-Quality said:

You're just afraid that you will be replaced. All robots get replaced eventually

Hardly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPOb3DlB7WA

CGI-Quality said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPOb3DlB7WA

Considering what we know, that video is key..... for you. ;)

What do you know D : Tell me! TELL ME PLEASE

Around the Network

So I know there was talk about enforcing thread quality in this thread a few months ago, anything happened on that front? There's a dire need for it imo. Now it's going to look like I'm picking on Miyamotoo here, but many do it, it's just easier to find examples by going through one users list of threads.

Now these threads go against the Copy-pasting full transcriptions of articles is strictly prohibited. forum rule and they all have literally zero personal input, thoughts or words from the user creating the thread.

1. Just a link to a video.

2. Full transcription of article, no personal input/content.

3. Full transcription of article, no personal input/content.

4. Images, link to neogaf thread, no personal input/content.

5. Full transcripton of article, no personal input/content.

6. Full transcription of article, no personal input/content.

7. Full transcription of article, no personal input/content.

Could go on longer but I think this is more then enough. Only one out of eight of the last threads by this user have included any personal words, input or thought, and violate a forum rule. A stricter stance needs to be taken on this front, if someone posts hit-and-run articles without any thought being put into the thread, they should be locked.

If a user has absolutely nothing to say themselves about a subject, or can't be bothered to type a single word, then maybe they shouldn't be posting the thread.

Ka-pi96 said:
Barkley said:

they all have literally zero personal input, thoughts or words from the user creating the thread.

TBH I think that's usually a good thing. The less spin on an article the better! Much prefer when the OP is just an excerpt of the article or whatever and then the OP gives their own thoughts on it in a separate post.

It should be made clear what is the posters personal thoughts and what is part of the actual article, but talking about it in a seperate post isn't terrible either. There's plenty of times when people will create a thread without writing a single word of their own, and then not even take part in the thread.

There's a lot of suspects that just seem to use it to essentially spam positivity about their console of choice.

"Oh here's an article that's pro-sony / nintendo / microsoft. I'll copy and paste this and then move on with my life."

Ka-pi96 said:
Barkley said:

So I know there was talk about enforcing thread quality in this thread a few months ago, anything happened on that front? There's a dire need for it imo. Now it's going to look like I'm picking on Miyamotoo here, but many do it, it's just easier to find examples by going through one users list of threads.

Now these threads go against the Copy-pasting full transcriptions of articles is strictly prohibited. forum rule and they all have literally zero personal input, thoughts or words from the user creating the thread.

TBH I think that's usually a good thing. The less spin on an article the better! Much prefer when the OP is just an excerpt of the article or whatever and then the OP gives their own thoughts on it in a separate post.

But yeah, just videos really annoy me. At least give a description of what the video is about and why I should bother watching it.

I think it is important on 2 levels.

First, this is a forum and just posting a news article is not the purpose of a forum. A thread is made by an OP to invoke discussion and that discussion should be based on OP's opinion as he is the one proposing this discussion. If you want to open a discussion you don't just throw a words scrap into the room and then leave. That means you don't want to be involved in the discussion and at that point you should not make a thread in the first place.

Second, it's about responsibility. Too many people with an agenda just throw in some controvercial articles to make their point and as soon as they're confronted they claim innocence as "it's just what those people in the article say, don't blame me". Which means they have their cake and eat it too. That just invites hit and run threads. An OP should take responsibility for opinions he posts even if they're not his own. And if he posts an opinion he doesn't agree with he should clarify that.

Of course some news are just singular information bits like release dates, which makes it hard to have an opinion other than "yay" or "nay". In that case OP should try to elevate the thread above the single news scrap and ask a question, have more interesting information about the news or even make a poll. A thread can be small but it should never be low effort.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

retagging for that official rules thread.

I'm confident the mod team will be rigorous, asking for feedback from the members among other processes, careful not to overstep their boundaries when it comes to changing forum rules and policies

Rule should not be taken lightly so changes to them, even more so. Cautious, but I'm sure everything should be fine :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]