By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
RolStoppable said:
Hynad said:

Yes to bolded. Times a hundred.

vivster is an invaluable member of this community.

And Talon is actually contributing in noticeable, impactful ways.

And I don't know if you're really a very unbiased voice in this. Don't you also take personal issue with him?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
Azuren said:
RolStoppable said:

vivster is an invaluable member of this community.

And I don't know if you're really a very unbiased voice in this. Don't you also take personal issue with him?

I think talon did some joke or something at his expense, if I recall correctly.

RolStoppable said:
Azuren said:

I am not making this an either-or choice.

If you play the bias card, can you say with a straight face that you and/or Hynad are impartial?

In the context of what was discussed up to your post, it is.

Impartial to what? Talon and Vivster? Yeah, I would claim to be impartial. Even if I wasn't, a cursory glance at what each user brings to the site shows a clear gap in importance to VGC. On one hand, you've got a relatively active poster who seems to hold grudges. On the other, you've got a hot-headed coder doing free work.

Now, if you knew anything about what coders get paid, you'd know that how valuable (monetarily, at least) Talon is to the site. But Vivster?

We've got tons of posters like him.

RolStoppable said:
Ka-pi96 said:
This seems silly. Yes, Talon can be abrasive at times, and I definitely think he overreacted to VGP's posts. But what's with the campaign against him? Allow the man some eccentricity!

Good point. CGI-Quality seems to be much more in need of an indefinite break.

Seems like you're just jelly that he was perceived as a better pick for mod than you.

Bristow9091 said:
Azuren said:

Seems like you're just jelly that he was perceived as a better pick for mod than you.

Isn't that the case for Rol and every single mod ever? o.O

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
@Angelus

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8810576

Saying somebody is lying or posting bullshit is worthy of a moderation now?

It's a simple warning. The guy said something that wasn't correct, doesn't mean you have to jump down his throat for it. If that's how we all talked to each other every time someone said something that that turns out to be wrong, or we disagree with, where would we be? A little bit of civility in conversation goes a long way towards preventing anything that requires more serious moderation.

Ka-pi96 said:
Angelus said:

If that's how we all talked to each other every time someone said something that that turns out to be wrong, or we disagree with, where would we be? 

A better place than one where those that call out people posting incorrect information get punished...

But that's not what he was "punished" for, it was he way he worded his response. It's only a warning.

Ka-pi96 said:
Angelus said:

It's a simple warning. The guy said something that wasn't correct, doesn't mean you have to jump down his throat for it. If that's how we all talked to each other every time someone said something that that turns out to be wrong, or we disagree with, where would we be? A little bit of civility in conversation goes a long way towards preventing anything that requires more serious moderation.

A better place than one where those that call out people posting incorrect information get punished...

Perhaps he did go over the top a bit, but there were no personal insults or anything in there so I really don't think that warrants a moderation, regardless of whether it was only a warning or not.

You make it sound like the guy was trying to consistently push a false narrative, which wasn't the case. He was just wrong about something, and conceded that he was wrong right after. The point is, seth could have told him he was wrong without immediately calling him a bullshit posting liar. I can understand going off like that if someone is trying to just repeatedly spread misinformation, but that just wasn't the case, se he didn't need to go at him like that. 

I stand by the moderation

Kapi the real baiters never get banned, no use complaining

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Calling out someone for being wrong is fine. Being a dick about it isn't.

The problem with someone being "wrong" comes from when the person refuses to see sense and hunkers down on the bullshit they're spewing. This was seen fairly recently by myself when I had to report another user for being repeatedly obtuse and dragging the thread off topic (I couldn't moderate on phone, it was a pain). There should be no real punishment for being wrong. There should be punishment for antagonistic behavior.