By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Miguel_Zorro said:

Nobody has ever stopped Carl from doing anything. 

Noted.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Acevil said:

Poor Carl, he really is forgotten so easily. 

Carl is the best mod. The only one who ever comes out in cases like this and explicitly states his desire to serve the community. Unfortunately, the rest of the mod team ties his hands and that shows in Carl's growing frustration regarding how things are being handled here.

On a related note, today p0isonparadise (who posted multiple daily updates for Amazon rankings for months) has stepped down for reasons that link directly to quickrick.

I'd like to hear from the mod team why they value disruptive members like quickrick higher than regular contributors of sales updates, and if that isn't the case, why they aren't or haven't been taking the necessary steps to make these forums a better place or at the very least maintain its level of quality. This situation isn't anything new, because we've already had multiple members who stopped posting in the past because of Kerotan's antics.

EDIT: It's weekend, so the above paragraph was worded a bit too harsh considering these circumstances. Apologies for my impatience.

Did you notice anything else in the Amazon threads? This will truly test your judgement. 

On the same subject. 

I find it a little off-putting that Kerotan and quickrick are being targeted when there's a bunch of people from Nintendo and Xbox fanbases that literally do the same thing but don't get singled out. The reason I feel is that these people aren't met with mobs to shut down any negative opinion. 

Can recommend CGI for the position of Head mod considering all the work he's been putting in? I think he deserves to dine at the top table. When will the head mods be up for change or is there a possibility it can be a team of 4 rather then 3?

SWORDF1SH said:
RolStoppable said:

Carl is the best mod. The only one who ever comes out in cases like this and explicitly states his desire to serve the community. Unfortunately, the rest of the mod team ties his hands and that shows in Carl's growing frustration regarding how things are being handled here.

On a related note, today p0isonparadise (who posted multiple daily updates for Amazon rankings for months) has stepped down for reasons that link directly to quickrick.

I'd like to hear from the mod team why they value disruptive members like quickrick higher than regular contributors of sales updates, and if that isn't the case, why they aren't or haven't been taking the necessary steps to make these forums a better place or at the very least maintain its level of quality. This situation isn't anything new, because we've already had multiple members who stopped posting in the past because of Kerotan's antics.

EDIT: It's weekend, so the above paragraph was worded a bit too harsh considering these circumstances. Apologies for my impatience.

Did you notice anything else in the Amazon threads? This will truly test your judgement. 

On the same subject. 

I find it a little off-putting that Kerotan and quickrick are being targeted when there's a bunch of people from Nintendo and Xbox fanbases that literally do the same thing but don't get singled out. The reason I feel is that these people aren't met with mobs to shut down any negative opinion. 

The reason is simple. The playstation mob on vgchartz pales in comparison to the Nintendo mob. If you want other posters singled out you need a stronger ps mob. While it would even things up I prefer the playstation fans remain on the moral high ground and rise above this carry on. We are better off fot it.

Kerotan said:
Can recommend CGI for the position of Head mod considering all the work he's been putting in? I think he deserves to dine at the top table. When will the head mods be up for change or is there a possibility it can be a team of 4 rather then 3?

I like Miguelzorro. He's a good guy to talk to. CGI would definitely make a great addition.

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
Kerotan said:

I like Miguelzorro. He's a good guy to talk to. CGI would definitely make a great addition.

And then you'll see him say he has power over all and that he can use said power every two comments.

Warned ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 26 February 2018

I am also in favor of moderation being applied in special circunstances, such as with quickrick.Not only he derails (most) threads that he participates in, but also his toxic behavior is sending people away.

There should be an adendum in the rules for special cases like this in which the mod team uses common sense in the best interest of the community.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

SWORDF1SH said:

PlayStation fans are more than welcome to confront these Nintendo and Xbox fans when they say stupid things and call them out on it. We've had many, many users here from Nintendo and Xbox communities that have been met with hostility from the general userbase and eventually moderation for things they've done on the forums.

Kerotan and quickrick aren't the only people to be singled out for stupid shit they do.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Hynad said:

And then you'll see him say he has power over all and that he can use said power every two comments.

What are you trying to say ? IMO CGI is one of the best mods around here...

Not saying he's not a good mod. But he likes to remind people he is one way too much.

Carl2291 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

PlayStation fans are more than welcome to confront these Nintendo and Xbox fans when they say stupid things and call them out on it. We've had many, many users here from Nintendo and Xbox communities that have been met with hostility from the general userbase and eventually moderation for things they've done on the forums.

Kerotan and quickrick aren't the only people to be singled out for stupid shit they do.

Even when i don't say stupid shit people still throw personal insults/bullying, case in point the poster above complaining because i will always prove him wrong, yet, he never admits, so he calls it toxic, lol. or when peachbuggy started calling me ignorant/fanboy for predicting ps4 would outsell switch by 2x which did in November. This was a thread where i was called names by some, and he later apologized because i was right

"Hey Quickrick. I just wanted to apologize because I actually was wrong with the 13 million figure. See the way I saw it, the number by January 21st was 12.5 million. So the 13 million must have been from December 31st, because the sales in other parts of the world where 1.5 million.

But then I double duped myself. I completely forgot that Latin America and Asia weren't included, which is very stupid because I actually quoted that earlier in the thread. Then I responded by saying "well it was already at 12.5 million so even not including those countries just 1/3 of ROW would account for the extra 500k needed for 13 million!" But I forgot that, as far as we know, the sales of America and Japan and Europe were only 12.0 at the time of December 31st ... so it actually would have required 2/3's of ROW figures. Which would be impossible without Asia and Latin America. I was using the 12.5 figure because I got confused and mixed up. 

I just wanted to say I am sorry for that. I usually am good at debates but I was honestly really tired and stressed about other things at the time and it made me slip up. I don't think I was that mean to you at the time but I do think one comment I made was slightly offensive, so I apologize for that too. 

If it's any consolation I do think you're way better as a user than when you first showed up. I wish you'd downplay Nintendo a bit less, but oh well, nothing I can do about that. Different viewpoints, and all! "