By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Carl2291 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

I find it a little off-putting that Kerotan and quickrick are being targeted when there's a bunch of people from Nintendo and Xbox fanbases that literally do the same thing but don't get singled out. The reason I feel is that these people aren't met with mobs to shut down any negative opinion. 

PlayStation fans are more than welcome to confront these Nintendo and Xbox fans when they say stupid things and call them out on it. We've had many, many users here from Nintendo and Xbox communities that have been met with hostility from the general userbase and eventually moderation for things they've done on the forums.

Kerotan and quickrick aren't the only people to be singled out for stupid shit they do.

No I don't want that. I think it's bad the way they are being singled out so I don't want other people to be treated like this. Anyway my point is that I see a few people that act like quickrick and Kerotan but they get away with it because of their console preference.

I genuinely don't think the Sony community are set up to mob people for dissing PS4 and I wouldn't want that to happen anyway. I could be wrong, this is just what I've observed. 

I've even held back on some of the things I want to say because I know I will get mobbed instead of having a discussion. 

But it's only a small amount of people that mob and some people are really nice to talk to once you've broken down that barrier. You just have to work at it. Something I've learned over many years on here. There's a person behind each avatar. Treat them like a person. 

Last edited by SWORDF1SH - on 26 February 2018

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

No I don't want that. I think it's bad the way they are being singled out so I don't want other people to be treated like this. Anyway my point is that I see a few people that act like quickrick and Kerotan but they get away with it because of their console preference.

Are you implying we base our moderations on a users console preferences?

No, I was referring to the community. Some people get picked up on what they say while some people don't. 

Bristow9091 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

No, I was referring to the community. Some people get picked up on what they say while some people don't. 

... I was hoping you were gonna' say yes so I could ban you for being a [Insert console] fan :( 

Lol. I would even forgive you for the ban because that would of been funny.

RolStoppable said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Did you notice anything else in the Amazon threads? This will truly test your judgement. 

On the same subject. 

I find it a little off-putting that Kerotan and quickrick are being targeted when there's a bunch of people from Nintendo and Xbox fanbases that literally do the same thing but don't get singled out. The reason I feel is that these people aren't met with mobs to shut down any negative opinion. 

I noticed that you are getting defensive due to association. You are a PS fan and quickrick is a PS fan, therefore you perceive an attack on him as an attack on you. This concerns the subject of Amazon's reliability where both of you have made arguments against it, but your arguments actually have a significant difference. You argue that Amazon cannot predict anything reliable when it comes to the NPD sales gap between consoles, quickrick argues that Amazon isn't reliable when it comes to NPD sales ranks. quickrick is the person who gets repeatedly attacked for his assertions; and rightly so, because the evaluation of data since the Amazon tracking method is used puts Amazon at an accuracy of 85%. You tend to jump inbetween with your aforementioned argument as a defense of quickrick, but what you argue isn't something that anybody has ever claimed to begin with (namely that Amazon indicates NPD sales gaps).

Another thing of note is that comments of mockery get posted at times when quickrick isn't saying anything, so there are people who are looking to start an argument. However, their actions are a consequence of previous actions by quickrick and the inaction of the mod team. Should the mod team move on to do something about the whole issue (which means taking care of quickrick), then of course the people who want to pick a fight can't get a pass anymore either.

If you think there's a bunch of people from the Nintendo and Xbox camps that are as disruptive as Kerotan and quickrick, you are free to name them.

I don't think you followed the whole argument because that assessment is off. In fact me and quickrick were pretty much on the same lines other than the reason why. We also both agree that if the rankings are close on Amazon with PS4 behind, the PS4 would come out on top. 

And no I'm not going to name people. I'm a little surprised that you haven't noticed these people or even confronted them yourself since it's your thing. You must be using all your time to rally up the troops against quickrick. 

RolStoppable said:
SWORDF1SH said:

I don't think you followed the whole argument because that assessment is off. In fact me and quickrick were pretty much on the same lines other than the reason why. We also both agree that if the rankings are close on Amazon with PS4 behind, the PS4 would come out on top. 

And no I'm not going to name people. I'm a little surprised that you haven't noticed these people or even confronted them yourself since it's your thing. You must be using all your time to rally up the troops against quickrick. 

You'll have to do a better job than that to convince me that you deserve to be thrown into the same pit as quickrick.

If you aren't going to name people, then this will be difficult. For a start, you could a name an Xbox guy, because that would prevent this conversation from pulling others in and turn it into a Nintendo vs. Sony fight.

That's not the reason I'm not naming people. I'm not into witch hunts. I'll leave that to you. 

BTW who have you singled out in the past in this way? I know quickrick, Kerotan, me and GribbleGrunger. Who else? 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
SWORDF1SH said:

That's not the reason I'm not naming people. I'm not into witch hunts. I'll leave that to you. 

BTW who have you singled out in the past in this way? I know quickrick, Kerotan, me and GribbleGrunger. Who else? 

If you aren't into witch hunts, then don't throw something in the room if you aren't willing to follow it up with. It's incredibly easy to make a generalisation or talk about "some people", but such accusations are nothing concrete.

Since you brought up yourself and GribbleGrunger, it's safe to assume that you are talking about any possible means (PMs, wall posts, moderator thread, other public threads). I do not remember all of them, but some of them are runqvist, PerturbedKitty and GoodNightMoon. In the case of runqvist I made the request for a straight-up permaban which the mod team followed through on.

You have to look at the reason why I mentioned it though rol. I'm defending somebody because of the way they are being treated, not attacking anybody. I think it's clear as day and if you can't see it I think you're playing dumb. I don't think you can defend how you're treating quickrick. One of the big complaints against him is that he derails threads and plays down Nintendo. I just stepped in the PS4 Fifa 10M thread and, well, yeah. Check it out. This is pretty normal thing to happen in pro-Sony threads. 

I help in the 10m thread why is ALA mentioning mario?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

RolStoppable said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Did you notice anything else in the Amazon threads? This will truly test your judgement. 

On the same subject. 

I noticed that you are getting defensive due to association. You are a PS fan and quickrick is a PS fan, therefore you perceive an attack on him as an attack on you. This concerns the subject of Amazon's reliability where both of you have made arguments against it, but your arguments actually have a significant difference. You argue that Amazon cannot predict anything reliable when it comes to the NPD sales gap between consoles, quickrick argues that Amazon isn't reliable when it comes to NPD sales ranks. quickrick is the person who gets repeatedly attacked for his assertions; and rightly so, because the evaluation of data since the Amazon tracking method is used puts Amazon at an accuracy of 85%. You tend to jump inbetween with your aforementioned argument as a defense of quickrick, but what you argue isn't something that anybody has ever claimed to begin with (namely that Amazon indicates NPD sales gaps).

Another thing of note is that comments of mockery get posted at times when quickrick isn't saying anything, so there are people who are looking to start an argument. However, their actions are a consequence of previous actions by quickrick and the inaction of the mod team. Should the mod team move on to do something about the whole issue (which means taking care of quickrick), then of course the people who want to pick a fight can't get a pass anymore either.

If you think there's a bunch of people from the Nintendo and Xbox camps that are as disruptive as Kerotan and quickrick, you are free to name them.

Amazon was 85% correct when there were only 2 consoles in competition, we should judge amazon rankings as of  when switch came out. if you look at december ps4 had 2 sku's ahead of xbox  yet it lost by a big margin as well, but people don't mention that. I will make you a bet that amazon won't be right on February, and switch won't win, the bet is one week off, no posting at all.  

Last edited by quickrick - on 27 February 2018

RolStoppable said:
SWORDF1SH said:

You have to look at the reason why I mentioned it though rol. I'm defending somebody because of the way they are being treated, not attacking anybody. I think it's clear as day and if you can't see it I think you're playing dumb. I don't think you can defend how you're treating quickrick. One of the big complaints against him is that he derails threads and plays down Nintendo. I just stepped in the PS4 Fifa 10M thread and, well, yeah. Check it out. This is pretty normal thing to happen in pro-Sony threads. 

You have been attacking me in a passive-aggressive manner repeatedly.

Derailment and downplaying aren't the only two factors of importance. Frequency is also a factor, and it's the most crucial one in all of this.

I thought I was being nice. Didn't mean to come off passive aggressive. 

Anyway it's good to get your thoughts. I don't agree with how you behave on here or your opinions on this matter but that's just another opinion.

SWORDF1SH said:
RolStoppable said:

You have been attacking me in a passive-aggressive manner repeatedly.

Derailment and downplaying aren't the only two factors of importance. Frequency is also a factor, and it's the most crucial one in all of this.

I thought I was being nice. Didn't mean to come off passive aggressive. 

Anyway it's good to get your thoughts. I don't agree with how you behave on here or your opinions on this matter but that's just another opinion.

The guy is really something, like wow, 50 posts about me, the mods and the whole community has heard him. He's been posting about me like i killed his dog or something. i personally feel the mods should do something about this, all it does, is let more people want to attack, and bully, and feel more justified. yea it's fine to complain about  some one, but this thread has become about me, thanks to roll, and his campaign. make your complaint, and move on, the mods have heard you.

Last edited by quickrick - on 27 February 2018