By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Moderator Thread

Kerotan said:

just look at the last year of comg. one poster trying his best to get my attention and when i don't take the bait he escalates it too far until the point the mods ban all talk between us in the thread.

I dont bait you, im correcting you. There is a difference. There is a reason why many people here straight up ignore your post. Especially in comg threads now.

You say for example "3ds sold 30k, ps4 sold more" for the week excluding 2ds sales and i corrected you by saying 3ds sales are actually 37k. 

Again correcting not baiting. Stop playing victim

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

Im positve maybe over the top lol but i dont bait nowhere. If anything i try my best to be fair about the situation unlike kero. Just look at the us sales thread. "Horizon beats Zelda" but totally switches (no pun nintended) it to say wiiu version isnt included. 1 time nintendo has a game to compare that is multiplat, he doesnt count it.

Well that said if i offended anything Sony my bad. I might be that nintendo guy here but i do have some things sony under my belt. Hopefully i get to play p5 soon. 

I think the issue is, that yourself and jran have positioned yourself opposite of that user. This has lead to you getting in trouble many times, even though I know that both you and Jran use to be pretty decent users (based on prekero interactions). I respectfully agree with CGI or another moderate that caused you and kero not to respond to each other in those threads (Even if I disagree with it as well, and we should actually address the issue, which I guess is now being addressed), as I always felt and most likely mentioned to you, that you are wasting your time, just ignore him.

I and others have expressed our disdain for the type of posts in COMG as you can tell many times, and you know for a second I don't buy into "I'm only posting postive things routine" when I know it is in reality never that, because well numerous posts state otherwise, namely when that positive behaviour is to downplay another console/company (You actually are rarer of the three to do this, so don't think this is calling you out, but you have done this once in awhile as well).

Tbone, honestly just ignore him and I do mean in mind sense as well, he will lose interest over time, and just go some where else or try too hard and slip up and end up getting banned which has happened before. 

I personally think everyone should practice this by the way. Anyways back to playing on my PS4 (Mass Effect) before I return to my Switch (Zelda) this weekend and back to the PS4 (Persona 5). 

tbone51 said:
Kerotan said:

just look at the last year of comg. one poster trying his best to get my attention and when i don't take the bait he escalates it too far until the point the mods ban all talk between us in the thread.

I dont bait you, im correcting you. There is a difference. There is a reason why many people here straight up ignore your post. Especially in comg threads now.

You say for example "3ds sold 30k, ps4 sold more" for the week excluding 2ds sales and i corrected you by saying 3ds sales are actually 37k. 

you spent a year straight trying to make jokes about me (kerotan) looking for my attention. copying my sayings and spinning them to try and bait me. obviously i wasn't stupid and just ignored you. howver i did report you multiple times for the off topic spam and bait but as usual the mods did absolutely nothing. however when i decided to reply and things escalated and our conversations started bugging all the other users the mods took action then. 

my issue is why don't the mods target the source which was you, instead of waitnig for me to get involved and then pissing off the whole thread. because if it was the other way around and i was writing your post targeting another user on a daily basis i'd be banned and banned hard. special treatment is not afforded to me, at least not in a postive way. 

remember all those weeks and months where boutros and all the otehr posters were begging us to stop talking? that was the result of me replying to your bait. it could have all been avoided if the mods just nipped it in the bud. 

Acevil said:
tbone51 said:

Im positve maybe over the top lol but i dont bait nowhere. If anything i try my best to be fair about the situation unlike kero. Just look at the us sales thread. "Horizon beats Zelda" but totally switches (no pun nintended) it to say wiiu version isnt included. 1 time nintendo has a game to compare that is multiplat, he doesnt count it.

Well that said if i offended anything Sony my bad. I might be that nintendo guy here but i do have some things sony under my belt. Hopefully i get to play p5 soon. 

I think the issue is, that yourself and jran have positioned yourself opposite of that user. This has lead to you getting in trouble many times, even though I know that both you and Jran use to be pretty decent users (based on prekero interactions). I respectfully agree with CGI or another moderate that caused you and kero not to respond to each other in those threads (Even if I disagree with as well, and we should actually address the issue, which I guess is now being addressed), as I always felt and most likely mentioned to you, that you are wasting your time, just ignore him.

I and others have expressed our disdain for the type of posts in COMG as you can tell many times, and you know for a second I don't buy into "I'm only posting postive things routine" when I know it is in reality never that, because well numerous posts state otherwise, namely when that positive behaviour is to downplay another console/company (You actually are rarer of the three to do this, so don't think this is calling you out, but you have done this once in awhile as well).

Tbone, honestly just ignore him and I do mean in mind sense as well, he will lose interest over time, and just go some where else or try too hard and slip up and end up getting banned which has happened before. 

I personally think everyone should practice this by the way. Anyways back to playing on my PS4 (Mass Effect) before I return to my Switch (Zelda) this weekend and back to the PS4 (Persona 5). 

Got me all teary now! Still playing zelda, i got use to playing on the go. Never home, working on the road for over 12hours a day. Dunno how im gonna play P5.

Kerotan said:
tbone51 said:

you spent a year straight trying to make jokes about me (kerotan) looking for my attention. copying my sayings and spinning them to try and bait me. obviously i wasn't stupid and just ignored you. howver i did report you multiple times for the off topic spam and bait but as usual the mods did absolutely nothing. however when i decided to reply and things escalated and our conversations started bugging all the other users the mods took action then. 

my issue is why don't the mods target the source which was you, instead of waitnig for me to get involved and then pissing off the whole thread. because if it was the other way around and i was writing your post targeting another user on a daily basis i'd be banned and banned hard. special treatment is not afforded to me, at least not in a postive way. 

remember all those weeks and months where boutros and all the otehr posters were begging us to stop talking? that was the result of me replying to your bait. it could have all been avoided if the mods just nipped it in the bud. 

Well im glad you got this off your chest. I guess ill stop baiting you. I apologize. We will ignore each other so we wont piss anyone off. Just know even with me gone, its still going on with others. You need to help yourself but ill stop there ✋

Anywayz ill run away now....

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
Ok I keep seeing "COMG" WTF is COMG?

COMG was this awesome thread, that focused on preorders numbers of the COMG store in Japan, I stopped recently because of said reason above.

Bandorr said:
Ok I keep seeing "COMG" WTF is COMG?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=159902&page=1

The only thread that gets daily post 

RolStoppable said:
Kerotan said:

You've got the right idea, Kerotan. tbone needs to be moderated for copying your sayings.

he just admitted his guilt and apologised above. i'll accept his apology but do the mods accept apologies? that's years of bait he just admitted to. 

btw i see acveil playing the whole, there's two of them in it card but tbone ain't as bad. i'll remind you acveil in myearly days of charts when i was on good terms with all the nitendo fans (i didn't get on with xbox fans back then) tbone once messaged me begging me not to report a post of his. i wasn't going to report it anyway but i told him to edit it before he was reported. if he hadn't his next ban was going to be his last before a permaban. this was back in the days when rol had to set up the bodyguard project or tbone was gone permantly. 

now i've never come close to a perma. excluding the april fools prank. and yet here you are pretending he's not too bad but the big bad kerotan is. 

the problem is there are people who get upset by pro playstation posts on vgchartz. they don't like the ps4 domination and they don't like seeing ps4 fans celebrate. i go over the top sometimes but at the end of the day, who's worse. fans celebrating? or fans getting mad because others are celebrating. 

and just remember, this is nothing compared to the shit we got last gen. mainly off xbox fans mind you. i always found wii/ds fans to be quite modest in their success. which is probably why i've always like them. (except on mediacreate gaf, don't like that bunch lol). 

RolStoppable said:
Kerotan said:

he just admitted his guilt and apologised above. i'll accept his apology but do the mods accept apologies? that's years of bait he just admitted to. 

btw i see acveil playing the whole, there's two of them in it card but tbone ain't as bad. i'll remind you acveil in myearly days of charts when i was on good terms with all the nitendo fans (i didn't get on with xbox fans back then) tbone once messaged me begging me not to report a post of his. i wasn't going to report it anyway but i told him to edit it before he was reported. if he hadn't his next ban was going to be his last before a permaban. this was back in the days when rol had to set up the bodyguard project or tbone was gone permantly. 

now i've never come close to a perma. excluding the april fools prank. and yet here you are pretending he's not too bad but the big bad kerotan is. 

the problem is there are people who get upset by pro playstation posts on vgchartz. they don't like the ps4 domination and they don't like seeing ps4 fans celebrate. i go over the top sometimes but at the end of the day, who's worse. fans celebrating? or fans getting mad because others are celebrating. 

and just remember, this is nothing compared to the shit we got last gen. mainly off xbox fans mind you. i always found wii/ds fans to be quite modest in their success. which is probably why i've always like them. (except on mediacreate gaf, don't like that bunch lol). 

Your anecdote, regardless of if it is true or not, doesn't change anything significant about tbone's moderation history.

Just because the mod team has failed to patch up an exploit in the forum rules doesn't mean that you aren't a problem. The early attempts to friendly ask you to stop what you are doing didn't work, and the current solution to forbid certain users to talk to you (and vice versa) hasn't worked well in practical terms either. All it does is lessen the chance for escalation, but the bait is still there for other users to take and that's something that happens every now and then despite people being aware that you should better be ignored.

Unjustified positivity is actually worse than people trying to rain on a parade, because the latter react to something while the former creates something from nothing. But here it needs to be said that the people who go at you aren't raining on a parade, because there is usually no parade. You merely pretend that there is one. VGC actually has a precedence of an Xbox fan who always posted something like "Thank you, Microsoft. We are truly humbled." in response to pretty much any kind of news; that unjustified positivity pissed off a lot of PS fans and threads got heated, so the guy ended up getting banned and the problem was solved because the root cause got properly addressed. Unfortunately, I don't remember his username.

i stopped reading after the first 2 lines. i'm not wasting my time discussing this with you when you've got massive agendas on vgchartz. you try to exploit every last loophole possible to push your vendettas. so if you don't mind me saying it's a bit rich you acting all high and mighty. i'll do you a deal, stop pushing all your agendas and start posting like a normal poster and i'll stop being positive. i'll be negative instead. or emotionless if you want me to be neutral. 

RolStoppable said:
Kerotan said:

i stopped reading after the first 2 lines. i'm not wasting my time discussing this with you when you've got massive agendas on vgchartz. you try to exploit every last loophole possible to push your vendettas. so if you don't mind me saying it's a bit rich you acting all high and mighty. i'll do you a deal, stop pushing all your agendas and start posting like a normal poster and i'll stop being positive. i'll be negative instead. or emotionless if you want me to be neutral. 

I am intrigued and would like to hear an example of exploiting a loophole to pursue a vendetta.

By the way, you still owe Carl a reply.

i'm playing rainbow six siege with the lads on my ps4. very competive and only have time for quick replies between rounds. unlike your posts carls actually deserves a proper reply and it will take time. stay up nice and late and when i'm of siege i'll type it out.