By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Moderator Thread

Carl2291 said:

On top of that? As soon as Chazore replies to your post you're in my inbox (and I'd assume other moderators inboxes) to report him. Honestly, and I never imagined myself typing this, I feel sorry for Chazore. Not only is he trying to create positive discussion regarding PC gaming on a forum that's never really welcomed it, but he's having to put up with and dance around egregious posts like that from someone who's growing a history of baiting.

That is indeed quite damning for the Frog. No more proof necessary for what we all already know.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Kerotan said:

I just want to say it's really great to see all the positive discussion regarding moderation issues. Fair play to the mods for allowing it! Bravo!

I seen Rol is quite enthralled with my posting style on here. I'm shocked he's got such an issue with my positivity. In such a dark and negative world, we need more positivity. I give the people what they need, even if it's not what they want.

Regarding your solution to ban my positive posts because they bait anti Playstation posters. How about people just don't get worked up or unintentionally "baited" by pro Playstation comments. Is it really that hard?

You are showing how biased you are by siding with anti Playstation posters instead of a positive Playstation poster. If you were born a playstation gamer you wouldn't be on here posting against me. If you were truly partial and without an agenda your well written posts wouldn't be devalued. Which sadly they are. We all see through your smoke and mirrors.

Pro-PlayStation comments aren't a problem when they're relevant to a discussion, adding to discussion or even welcoming discussion. 

As it's a part of the above discussion, using the most recent example I have at my fingertips, I'll use this threadChazore (who you know you're not supposed to talk to) creates a thread about PC gamers being put first and PC being the main target platform when it comes to the System Shock remake. Your sole contribution to his thread is to say "Great to see another PC game is making its way to PS4". 

On top of that? As soon as Chazore replies to your post you're in my inbox (and I'd assume other moderators inboxes) to report him. Honestly, and I never imagined myself typing this, I feel sorry for Chazore. Not only is he trying to create positive discussion regarding PC gaming on a forum that's never really welcomed it, but he's having to put up with and dance around egregious posts like that from someone who's growing a history of baiting.

It's not really a case of moderating someone because they're posting positively, it's a case of taking each and every post a user makes and looking at it closely, seeing what it contributes to a thread and seeing how said user is making others react around them. When a users overwhelming positivity for a platform is causing numerous problems in places it really shouldn't be, we know there's a problem with that user and not the one's reacting. I feel it's something we as a team need to address further in the future, to avoid things like what happened in Chazore's System Shock thread.

You feel sorry for him?  When half of his posts bring up things like "but pc is dying" or "but you need to spend thousands to build a good pc".  

Is this not baiting?  I love how you feel sorry for him when it's clear as day he's constantly trying to bait people. 

And what's wrong with saying it's great to see a pc game coming to ps4? Him and many others constantly go on about how great it is seeing jrpgs coming to PC.  Oh I bet you don't feel sorry for anyone that baits. 

Nice and professional there btw.  Let everyone know I message you and act like reports don't happen the other way around.  There's another user (Nintendo fan) who you never mentioned,  who for the last year has done nothing but try and bait me on comg and mediacreate threads.  Now I just ignored him most of the time so his attempts failed miserably before he grew increasingly frustrated,  escalating things to the point he's also banned from quoting me. 

But I guess you feel sorry for me too.  Which is ironic Carl.  Because this brings me to the reason I started pm'ing you reports in the first place.  There were unfair and biased moderations dissed out against me.  Then my reports were ignored.  So I made a point of highlighting them in pm's so it would not continue. 

But no,  don't paint the full picture.  Appreciate it brother :)

Kerotan said:
Carl2291 said:

Pro-PlayStation comments aren't a problem when they're relevant to a discussion, adding to discussion or even welcoming discussion. 

As it's a part of the above discussion, using the most recent example I have at my fingertips, I'll use this threadChazore (who you know you're not supposed to talk to) creates a thread about PC gamers being put first and PC being the main target platform when it comes to the System Shock remake. Your sole contribution to his thread is to say "Great to see another PC game is making its way to PS4". 

It's not really a case of moderating someone because they're posting positively, it's a case of taking each and every post a user makes and looking at it closely, seeing what it contributes to a thread and seeing how said user is making others react around them. When a users overwhelming positivity for a platform is causing numerous problems in places it really shouldn't be, we know there's a problem with that user and not the one's reacting. I feel it's something we as a team need to address further in the future, to avoid things like what happened in Chazore's System Shock thread.

You feel sorry for him?  When half of his posts bring up things like "but pc is dying" or "but you need to spend thousands to build a good pc".  

Is this not baiting?  I love how you feel sorry for him when it's clear as day he's constantly trying to bait people. 

And what's wrong with saying it's great to see a pc game coming to ps4? Him and many others constantly go on about how great it is seeing jrpgs coming to PC.  Oh I bet you don't feel sorry for anyone that baits. 

Nice and professional there btw.  Let everyone know I message you and act like reports don't happen the other way around.  There's another user (Nintendo fan) who you never mentioned,  who for the last year has done nothing but try and bait me on comg and mediacreate threads.  Now I just ignored him most of the time so his attempts failed miserably before he grew increasingly frustrated,  escalating things to the point he's also banned from quoting me. 

But I guess you feel sorry for me too.  Which is ironic Carl.  Because this brings me to the reason I started pm'ing you reports in the first place.  There were unfair and biased moderations dissed out against me.  Then my reports were ignored.  So I made a point of highlighting them in pm's so it would not continue. 

Oh please Kerotan, really?Complaining about other people baiting when you bait yourself at every chance you have?And complain when users prove, after you go on and say you are innocent yourself and do nothing wrong, that you are doing it on purpose and say thats unprofessional?Because lets be honest, using System Shock thread as an example, you knew it wouldnt rub people the right way with that post of yours.You are here long enough to know how people tick.

I think that this "excessive positivity" should be bannable, if the user has an extensive history of using that post "strategy" to bait people.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Kerotan said:

You are showing how biased you are by siding with anti Playstation posters instead of a positive Playstation poster. If you were born a playstation gamer you wouldn't be on here posting against me. If you were truly partial and without an agenda your well written posts wouldn't be devalued. Which sadly they are. We all see through your smoke and mirrors.

I'm mainly a PlayStation fan, and I'm not really a big fan either of your posts. Don't take it personally, I'm not really into tbone's or jranation's Nintendo positivity either. However, I'd say that as long as you're not baiting someone I'm not going to complain, as I don't really view those as hazardous unlike in the political threads where it's much harder for me to ignore posts that I don't agree with.

While I appreciate the support for my post, I have to remind everyone here about the rules for this thread. 

You don't have a free pass to take digs at Kerotan, or any other user.

Kerotan said:

I feel sorry for him when he's trying to create discussion and gets moderated for responding to bait, yeah. I'd feel sorry for anyone in the same situation, and I've wrote similar in mod notes in the past. There's nothing inherently wrong with saying X game being on PS4 is a positive (Others actually talk about the game being on the other platforms), however if this is the hill you choose to die on, let's break it down again.

• Your own history with Chazore is well known to the mod team.
  • Chazore creates a thread about how the remake for a classic PC game is being aimed primarily at PC gamers, so PC gamers shouldn't be as concerned as they were.
  • Your only contribution to Chazore's thread is about how good this is for PS4, and how many PC exclusives are now on PS4.
  • Chazore replies to your post, the same way anyone else would reply to your post. Nothing bad, no ill intent and easily ignored.
  • You immediately jump to a moderator to get Chazore banned.

Because we know both of your personal histories, as well as your history with each other, it's relatively easy for us to judge that your post was aimed at getting the reply out of Chazore. Considering you read the OP, you knew what discussion Chazore was attempting to hold. Considering you remembered your history with Chazore, you'd know a post in such a thread gloating about the PS4 getting a PC exclusive would be challenged. Considering our own discussions, you'd know that we wouldn't tolerate any direct contact between the pair of you. You want to know what part gives you away? The immediate report. If you didn't want Chazore to reply to you, you wouldn't be gloating about your platform of choice in his PC-focussed thread.

This has nothing to do with my own professionalism as it's just a direct reply to your concerns (and other peoples) using all the tools at my disposal. If PM reports are something I have to use to highlight the problem then I'll use them.

To answer and highlight a couple of other points in your post;

• You say that other members send me reports in private messages, which is false. 
  • You ask me what's wrong with saying it's great to see a game coming to PS4, while in the PM's we earlier discussed you yourself said it wasn't a good idea to post in Chazore's thread. This tells me you already know the answer to that question.
  • You say your reports were ignored, which is false. We just didn't deem them to be moderation-worthy. I could give you a list of users as long as my arm who constantly report things that simply aren't worthy of moderation.

And to end this post on, I want you to look at how not one, but two people are banned from being in discussion with you (and I think 2 others were/are almost at that point). Just sit and think why. Sit and think why you're literally the only person on the forum who's had to have this rule applied to them multiple times. 

Around the Network

tag

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Nautilus said:
Kerotan said:

Oh please Kerotan, really?Complaining about other people baiting when you bait yourself at every chance you have?And complain when users prove, after you go on and say you are innocent yourself and do nothing wrong, that you are doing it on purpose and say thats unprofessional?Because lets be honest, using System Shock thread as an example, you knew it wouldnt rub people the right way with that post of yours.You are here long enough to know how people tick.

I think that this "excessive positivity" should be bannable, if the user has an extensive history of using that post "strategy" to bait people.

is a comment like that really bait though? i'm entitled to comment and i'm entitled to be happy said game which is mainly pc focused is actually coming to ps4. if people really get worked up by that then it's their problem not mine. 

VGPolyglot said:
Kerotan said:

I'm mainly a PlayStation fan, and I'm not really a big fan either of your posts. Don't take it personally, I'm not really into tbone's or jranation's Nintendo positivity either. However, I'd say that as long as you're not baiting someone I'm not going to complain, as I don't really view those as hazardous unlike in the political threads where it's much harder for me to ignore posts that I don't agree with.

i respect that. as i always if you don't like my positive playstation posts ignore them. i spent all last gen putting up with massive anti playstation trolls on various forums making fun of playstations woes. i didn't throw a hissy fit and put up with it. now this gen ps4 is the king and instead of getting payback and doing as they did last gen i'm making an effort to focus on the playstations positives as much as possible. and honestly it makes me happy focusing on the postives of playstation this gen rather then the negatives like last gen. 

@carl

i'm working and it looks like your post will require proper reading an an effort reply. so i'lll get back to you on my break if i can. 

VGPolyglot said:
Kerotan said:

Im positve maybe over the top lol but i dont bait nowhere. If anything i try my best to be fair about the situation unlike kero. Just look at the us sales thread. "Horizon beats Zelda" but totally switches (no pun nintended) it to say wiiu version isnt included. 1 time nintendo has a game to compare that is multiplat, he doesnt count it.

Well that said if i offended anything Sony my bad. I might be that nintendo guy here but i do have some things sony under my belt. Hopefully i get to play p5 soon. 

just look at the last year of comg. one poster trying his best to get my attention and when i don't take the bait he escalates it too far until the point the mods ban all talk between us in the thread.

Kerotan said:
Nautilus said:

is a comment like that really bait though? i'm entitled to comment and i'm entitled to be happy said game which is mainly pc focused is actually coming to ps4. if people really get worked up by that then it's their problem not mine. 

Usually thats the case, since evryone can be happy about their platform(s) of choice.But most of your posts, when you celebrate a PS achievement, you do that in threads or written in a way that bash over the other consoles and "trolls" them.I mean, you have even a special rule applied to you, that nobody else has, and that says loads.

In the end, its not my job to enforce the rules or say what you must do.If Im being completely honest, every time I see you post, I just scroll right through, because usually it adds nothing to the conversation.But its no excuse to be like this since "everybody was pissing on PS last generation and glamoring about other consoles and now that the PS4 is winning, its my turn to do the same".Its fine gloat every now and then, but doing it all the time is just annoying.

An eye for an eye makes the world blind.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1