By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does 3D really hurt children's eyes?

Tagged games:

Over the holidays my nieces and nephews would play their 3DS with me and leave the 3D off. I ask them why they turned it off. Do they not like 3D? They said they love 3D. So why turn it off? Because their daddy told them to turn it off, they are not old enough for it. I laughed at their faces and they looked ashamed. I told them that doesn't matter. And then I turn up the sliders on their 3DSes. They get scared that daddy would see it and turn it back off. When daddy isn't around and I'm with them, they turn it back on. 

So, does 3D really hurt children's eyes?

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

I'm not sure what the science says, but I wouldn't want to put unnecessary strain on developing eyes.

No it's misinformation spread by Sony.

Even if it did, which it doesn't, Mario Kart is worth it.

Let's be thankful it doesn't cause brain tumours like VR.

User was moderated for this post

~tads12

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

darkknightkryta said:
I'm not sure what the science says, but I wouldn't want to put unnecessary strain on developing eyes.

These children are 9-10

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

If there dad says turn it off who are you to over rule him

Around the Network
pbroy said:
darkknightkryta said:

These children are 9-10

You make it sound like eyes stop developing then...

darkknightkryta said:
pbroy said:

These children are 9-10

You make it sound like eyes stop developing then...

Nintendo says that children under the age of 7 shouldnt use the 3D. Im not sure if it would do anything, but I guess Nintendo doesnt want to be sued.

It hurts my eyes. You calling me a child, mate!

Well, the vision of babies and very little children is developing. Even 3D or sharpness must be learned. As the artificial 3D is generated differently it might lead to the childs learning wrong to look. But thats for very little children.

Nintendo itself cautiosly recommends not to use 3D for children aged six or under. Above that it is safe.
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Nintendo-3DS-2DS/FAQ/Safety/For-which-age-ranges-is-the-Nintendo-3DS-system-recommended-/For-which-age-ranges-is-the-Nintendo-3DS-system-recommended--244139.html

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I guess while a child is still growing its best to ensure nothing effects the development of their eyes but once an adult its much safer. Better to be safe than sorry.