By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - Dec 26th - Jan 1st 2017

Acevil said:
Boutros said:

No differences for Square Enix as long as those copies are still selling at a high price. The few price cuts we've seen are coming from the retailers themselves and are mostly meant to compete with other retailers and not necessarily because they have too many copies. Square sold those copies to retailers at full price. As long as it's not overshipped, which could see retailers demanding a refund, it's fine.

Well if retailers have to discount, wouldn't they be less likely to order large amounts of the next title and onward. I don't know supply chain management in the Japan, I do know a bit in NA, and usually companies just don't order as much from the supplier, sometimes resulting in a shortage. 

Probably yeah but I don't know why retailers even ordered that many copies of FFXV to begin with. They knew of pre-orders numbers and should have gauged better. It would have been a fine shipment if digital sales (which I guess will be 70k-100k) weren't a thing but I guess retailers haven't started considering that impact.

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Acevil said:

Well if retailers have to discount, wouldn't they be less likely to order large amounts of the next title and onward. I don't know supply chain management in the Japan, I do know a bit in NA, and usually companies just don't order as much from the supplier, sometimes resulting in a shortage. 

Probably yeah but I don't know why retailers even ordered that many copies of FFXV to begin with. They knew of pre-orders numbers and should have gauged better. It would have been a fine shipment if digital sales (which I guess will be 70k-100k) weren't a thing but I guess retailers haven't started considering that impact.

Wonder how stocking will go in the few year yet to come. As much as I knock digital excuse, I do know rise of digital has happened add in the overall decline of video game industry in Japan (not including smartphones, which is all digital), so it will be interesting to see how these retailers react, given that their revenue seems to be shrinking each year from some time. 

SpokenTruth said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Wow@ ps4 selling  a lot more then  ps3.

Did you see the date?

Ofcourse, soo ps4 is doing  better  then ps3 whas doing  in the same timeframe. 

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

BraLoD said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Ofcourse, soo ps4 is doing  better  then ps3 whas doing  in the same timeframe. 

2012 wasn't really the same timeframe to the PS3 as 2016 is to the PS4.

PS3 was 6 years old in 2012, PS4 was 3 in 2016.

To stop confusion, those numbers were posted because someone could not see what I posted when I highlighted an example to showcase that January 1st week can be just as high if not in some cases higher than december 25th week. It infact was not to highlight ps3 sales or ps4 sales, it was more to highlight that statement I already said. 

BraLoD said:
Acevil said:

To stop confusion, those numbers were posted because someone could not see what I posted when I highlighted an example to showcase that January 1st week can be just as high if not in some cases higher than december 25th week. It infact was not to highlight ps3 sales or ps4 sales, it was more to highlight that statement I already said. 

But I'm not confused

I was quoting the general you, not you per say!~

Around the Network

PS4 back on top baby! King of the charts once more.

Last week of the year and it goes out on top!

1.8m for the year. Beats the best ever year of the ps3. Not since the ps2 has a Sony home console sold more in a year.

Yakuza 6 and FFXV great sales this week. The road to 1m and 400k retail respectably.

Gta V, battlefield and minecraft all selling great.

Looking forward to January numbers now. Ps4 in beast mode xD

Why the massive SMM stock, though? I mean, it sold really well until now, and still only 60-80% sell-through.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

To save us from any ps3 vs PS4 launch aligned confusion here's hiska-kuns graph. There is a chance ps3 takes the lead again around 4.5m but ps4 will regain the lead shortly after. 

PS4 had a great year, a little better than PS3 ever had in Media Create.
I was expecting 1.6M tops.

So 3ds is the official winner this year! Who would of thought :p

3ds down about 15% YoY isnt bad at all. Can 3ds do 1mil this year? Maybe 800k?