By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Kingdom Hearts Series Will Release On The Switch

KrspaceT said:

Tech is a tricky business: you can have a stronger machine that is a pain to code for. The PS3 and Nintendo 64 say hello. 

Sales can only tell, as well as the 12th reveal. I admit I am not sure I'll see every game I've vaguely interested in from the west showing up, but the East I feel is a pretty strong chance. 

Nvidia GPUs and ARM CPUs are hard to code for ? LOL ... 

Out of the 3 gfx IHVs, Nvidia has the most lenient drivers ever so gfx programmers have more room for errors more than ever but best of all you don't have to worry about the conformance testing either when their devices are tested at the latest versions of these less familiar gfx APIs too ... 

These guys arguably have the best shader compilers on PC and Android as well too so Nvidia platforms should have the least amount of issues when chugging through unoptimized code ... 

So I ask you again what exactly is it that makes Nvidia platforms so hard to code for ? What hope does the Switch have in running many of these AAA console games even from Japan when a full clocked Tegra X1 gets humiliated by a last gen console ? 

The hype train is about to be derailed again very soon ... 

Around the Network

I doubt it'll happen, but I wouldn't mind if it did~

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

leo-j said:

Why?

Sony's reel of exclusive IP launching in 2017 does not include KH 2.8, OR KH COLLECTION, both of which are exclusive games to ps4 as of right now.

Both these IP run on unreal engine 4, and are likely to follow DQ XI onto the switch..... Huge deal if it happens! Just a theory from Mr leo-j ;)

Was Yakuza on their reel? The video would be too long for Sony's tastes if they inclued every console exclusive! 

You Nintendo fans like to speculate on everything from Switch being more powerful than ps4, red dead 2 exclusive to the switch to... everything! Just to be proven wrong and disappointed a few weeks later. And then...! Move on to something new to hype and rumor about, lol. 

KH3 and FF7 Remake will both be on Switch along with Dragon Quest XI in my opinion. S-E will have to do some grunt work to get them to run but the Japanese don't care about the highest end graphics anyway.

I see no reason for it not to release on switch, whether at launch or later. Being able to play on the go or anywhere from within my house would be worth the double dip for one of my favorite franchises.

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:
Yes hopefully. Also World of final fantasy and Dragon quest builders should too. All these games will sell well on the switch. Sony doesn't own square enix so why all these games are exclusive on PlayStation i just dont understand.

I have a feeling that its always the hardware's fault that they couldnt easily port into a Nintendo console. But with rumors of Switch fixing that problem......... I can see it happening. 

And hopefully the Cloud amiibo not being released yet means something............ 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

SegataSanshiro said:
Jranation said:
I thought it was coming to XB1?

That is KH3 but seeing how poorly FFXV did on XBO compared to PS4 and how Switch is a portable consoles (which will likely do well in Japan) I would not be surprised if KH3 is dropped on XBO in favor of Switch.

I don't think Squenix really cares if the Xbone version didn't sell as well as the PS4 version. What matters it that it sold well enough to justify the cost of porting to the system, which it undoubtedly did.

If the graphic is good like on PS4 i will buy it on switch but if it's like 7th gen games , i will buy it on PS4. But i doubt the graphic on switch will be close to the 2,8. It's a portable device .

I definitely seeing at least one KH game on Switch, because of few reasons, Switch will most likely be huge in Japan, so having mobile version of KH will make KH very popular on Switch at least in Japan, also KH is using Unreal Engine 4 that is supported by Switch and we already saw infos about scaling down games for Switch on that runing Unreal Engine 4.

Those are also reasons why most likely Switch will have at least very strong Japanese support.

HollyGamer said:
If the graphic is good like on PS4 i will buy it on switch but if it's like 7th gen games , i will buy it on PS4. But i doubt the graphic on switch will be close to the 2,8. It's a portable device .

On TV of course that PS4 version will look better than Switch version on TV, but on 6" screen Switch version actually can look better than PS4 version on big TV.