By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Did you like high school?

did you like high school/

I loved it! 20 12.99%

It was good, but could've been better 38 24.68%

eh 22 14.29%

not really 43 27.92%

i'd rather be killed than go to high school 22 14.29%

i ditched high school 9 5.84%

Total:154

YES! it was a great adventure from my POV, since I lived in Mexico then I moved to USA just in time for High School, it was really amazing to learn a new language and meet all kinds of people, I really wish I could live it again!

Around the Network

It was meh. People who say High School is the best or easiest part of your life are liars. Been only going up for me after I left school. Would never ever want to go back to school, not even elementary. Kindergarten was pretty sweet though.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Nope.

I was a tall lanky goofball. I had no fashion sense. My dick would randomly get hard and there was nothing I could do about it. I was socially awkward. I smelled funny.

... But I came home to Super Metroid and Chrono Trigger so it wasn't too bad.

I'm still in high school, in my last year.
After six years (middle school and high school are one thing here), I'll happy when it's finally over (6 months left), but I know I will miss it a lot though.

I hated it, personally.

Around the Network

I liked high school. I met with my best friend, whom I met on middle school (which was awful). Classes were tolerable while the teachers actually made an effort to teach. Except this Geometry teacher, who was antiquated and had a terrible way of teaching. She became frustrating to deal with on the first weeks. Fortunately, they have replaced her by the third week or so by a teacher who actually made an effort to teach. Going from simple to very complex and going seat to seat to teach. I had a fondness for math back then, which was really hard since I was in an advanced class. I remember also being on the honor roll.

I met some new friends who got me into RPGs. I remember we used to hang out almost every day at the tree in the back of the school, where no one else would bother us.

In short, they were fonder days and I look back at them as great, but not perfect.

Eh, it was fine. Played varsity ice hockey, worked in random hauted houses near halloween with my friends, played in the school band as well as my own band, went on dates, ect.

I think the only thing I would have done differently was drink a LOT more, and ask this one girl out.

*edit* I'm actually much happier now with my girlfriend and daughter and my career though.

It was lulzy tbh.
I will never forget when i my teacher called me and asked me why wasn't i in school,i told her i was playing Assassins Creed Brotherhood (which i was) never heard a bigger rage fit over a phone.

And i had good amount of friends there i still go out with them from time to time.

School's a bit different here, but what is technically "high school" here, which we attend from age 12 to 16-18 (depending on level), was stupid. I totally hated it. Everyone was in their "macho" stage which I completely skipped. I didn't really like anyone there, besides a friend I knew since kindergarten. A lot of classes were a waste and building was a dump.

I just did my thing though. Never got suspended or was even late (well, except the very first day lol) and I didn't care who I sat next to, they were unlikely to become my friend anyway. Only luck was that here we don't have that American popularity-contest/jock vibe. When we graduated I never said goodbye to anyone, just went and never looked back.

College and University were a godsend.

I miss the the fun times I had outside of High School; more specifically the carefree lifestyle.

I hardly have enough time for myself anymore.

Job, wife, daughter and other responsibilities leave me with about 5 hours a week of free time.

I can't believe it's been 11 years since I graduated.