By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Did you like high school?

did you like high school/

I loved it! 20 12.99%

It was good, but could've been better 38 24.68%

eh 22 14.29%

not really 43 27.92%

i'd rather be killed than go to high school 22 14.29%

i ditched high school 9 5.84%

Total:154

I'd say of any period of my life high school (14-18) were the low point. Here's how those four years felt for me.

Wake up early and groggy, go to school, go to work, get home and study, go to sleep late. Repeat.

I had little free time, and was constantly saving money for car and plans for university. I didn't have much of a social life, and frankly puberty was not kind to me. I frequently felt isolated from my peers and dealt a lot with rejection.

Personally university was so much better for me. I felt more engaged intellectually with my professors and peers, and I had more free time for a social life as I worked less (thank you scholarships) than I did in high school. I also got on the right side of puberty, lost weight, lost acne, and had corrective surgery for my eyes.

Moving into the "real world" I was told horror stories and how high school was "the best years of my life". Not true at all in my case. I had freedom, I traveled, run my own business, had success in romance leading to marriage, and have made the best friends I ever have had. I wish I could tell 17 year old me, "One day you're going to be happy as a rule rather than on an occasion".

Around the Network

Other than getting bullied for a year it was okay.

Liked it, somethings I wish I did that I didn't but oh well. But yeah, overall I enjoyed it a lot.

High school was a miserable experience. I was raised in a very conservative religion, and this often caused me to be teased and bullied. I had an abusive boyfriend that I put up with for too long. I even had issues with teachers bullying me because I was forbidden from pledging allegiance to the flag and after September 11th, 2001 this caused me a lot of problems. Of course at the end of high school I was dissociated from the religion causing me to lose all my "friends" and most of my family in the process. It was hard knowing what I went through and the damage it did to my self esteem that even the good parts then felt hollow.

On the flip side I have found happiness in adult life allowing me freedom to be comfortable in my thoughts and my body.

Shadow1980 said:

Honestly, I hated school after elementary. I guess kids just turn into raging assholes once puberty kicks in. Suddenly being "cool" and fitting in to an established social pecking order becomes of primary importance, and if you're not one of the "cool kids," you can probably expect to be subjected to psychological and physical abuse, as I was for seven years straight from 6th to 12th grade. Middle school was the worst, but things didn't improve much in high school. High school did have its moments, but honestly it sucked for me. There are times I do miss the structure and predictability of school, plus as I get older I start to get nostalgic about being a teenager and having no real responsibilities outside of schoolwork, but significant chunks of my teenage years were a living hell. If it weren't for the bullies, I would have loved it.

I always wonder why people choose to become so rude after 6th grade. Do they seriously think it's cool or something? Granted not everyone is like that, but the ones who are seriously annoy me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

Loved it. I went to school that was focused on math, physics and programming, so a lot of smart kids around, had some really great friends, both guys and girls.

I guess for someone who hadn't got a clue who we are it was bizarre watching us with our long hairs, Iron Maiden/Metallica t-shirts (this was 80s), drinking beer, and talking about string theories and quantum mechanics...nerds/geeks inside, regular guys from the outside.

Hated. It was like a prison, started from 2005 to 2008 then graduated, i couldn't go to college directly because i was pretty exhausted as hell, so.. i decided take a break for just a year lol

It wasn't great, most classes weren't too interesting but I enjoyed my language and computer programming classes the most. I wasn't all too popular so I had a few friends but I didn't really have any enemies other than the general assholes, who acted like that to everyone anyways. Other than that it was a pretty forgettable experience.

DonaldJTrump said:
I miss the the fun times I had outside of High School; more specifically the carefree lifestyle.

I hardly have enough time for myself anymore.

Job, wife, daughter and other responsibilities leave me with about 5 hours a week of free time.

I can't believe it's been 11 years since I graduated.

That I do miss. While high school itself sucked, I still had some good friends to play video games with the rest of the afternoon. Since most our parents were working we had all the carefree time in the world to play on C64, Amiga 500 and early DOS games on PC. Games were all free back then lol.

Thinking back on it, a lot would be frowned on nowadays. Bunch of 14-16 year olds going over to some 30 something dude's home in the afternoon to play boardgames. Sometimes a friend stayed all night playing civ on the pc, or I was playing 1830 at a friend's house until the early morning, Hmm did parents actually care about where there kids were in the 80's... Carefree indeed!

Meh, I mainly just focused on studying at high school, and didn't really care for things like socializing.

I still keep in touch with one friend I met at freshman year, and we love to talk about Pokemon and such, but other than that, there's nothing from those four years I'll really miss.

I had a lot of good teachers, but two teachers in freshman stuck out as assholes for no reasons, so yeah. :/

Currently in my first year in college and so far, I like it more than high school, but I'll judge after I graduate I guess.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."