By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy Versus XIII Details from one of the supposed devs - Rumored/Take with Grain of Salt "What could have been" - (INCLUDES potential connection to spoilers of Final Fantasy XV)

BasilZero said:
AsGryffynn said:

No, we're tired. 

Move on to Agni's Philosophy already... 

What's that, is that like ouya?

I don't think the Ouya has enough power to run it it might catch fire... 

BasilZero said:
BraLoD said:

Agreed.
But the "if we waited 'till 2017 it would be the best game ever' is kinda ridiculous, the game would kept just being delayed and never release.

So even if it got some cuts and changes, it's pretty good it was actually able to be released.
Tho I would be all in for a more dark story, even if I don't know how FF15 story is, lol, they are usually deeper and better, that way (it can backfire, tho).

I think the extra year was for ffxv and not versus xiii.

there is stuff planning to come out like patches I mean that should have been there.

The problem Nom Nom Nom Nom working on two games at once, so Tabata had to take the reins or we might not have had the game by now... 

Around the Network

Square hasn't made a good JRPG since FF VI and Xenogears.

Well FF XIV is awesome but I can't think of anything else.

Bravely Default started to be awesome but then...

Did they lose all their writers?

tbh none of this sounds better than what we got imo. Its just a different approach. I'd rather they not rush the last chapters of the game we got than implement any of these ideas of a game we didnt get.

I still dont get why was this called FF13 Versus if it has nothing to do with the lore of FF13.

deskpro2k3 said:
Hynad said:

The game was never going to be how the concepts made it look like. The game kept evolving and changing throughout its entire production. Most of the details you attribute to "Nomura's vision" were changed, removed or altered  by Nomura himself or his team before the production shifted to Tabata.

And to address your comment, I'd say it's called infatuation for Nomura.

I don't know what I've said to you to have hurt your feelings. All I said was I like the concept of Versus 13. Nothing more, and nothing less. Trying to figure out the purpose of your post.

Anyways I replied to someone, and then in come you inserting yourself. This is what you sound like:

LOL!

There's absolutely no display of feelings whatsoever in my comment. Not a single word that's misplaced, displaying anger, or anything. I merely pointed out facts. If you don't like when your words get read and commented on, stop posting them.

You using that picture of yours is more silly than anything, because I haven't expressed anything regarding what I like or not about any of the stories that were, could have been, or ended up being. You're already relying on this kind of comments over things I didn't express, not knowing if I like the story of what could have been or not.

For someone calling himself a God, you sure aren't omniscient. 

When you react like this and misread what people say, put words in their mouth, or simply see things where there aren't (because you can't stand having your views either questioned or disagreed on), this is the way I picture you:

User was moderated for this post

-Super_Boom

deskpro2k3 said:
twintail said:
eh I mean theoretically V13 sounded cool, but what is the point? It was such a non-starter of a project that we were never going to get it anyway.

Complaining at these lost ideas is ultimately fruitless... it was either 15 or nothing. V13's concepts could be used in a future title. Probably the best you can hope for... maybe a new IP

if V13 was such a non-starter of a project, then how did FFXV get started.

seriously though, I wish Nomura stayed on the project, but he is working on FFVIIR, and I couldn't be happier lol

Versus 13 could have been done to be a late release on the PS3, but SE was so unorganized during that time. They kept taking Nomura's team away from him to work on other projects that other teams couldn't seem to get finished.  Even if they switched to PS4, if he had retained his team, they probably would have been able to launch this year, as well.  Ah well, I suppose I have a Nomura developed FF7 to look forward to.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
WagnerPaiva said:
I amsurprised with the lack of FF15 reviews here and on youtube
. Anyone played the game? I am specially interested in the opinion of people who hated 13-1-2;

I dunno about youtube, but there seems to be plenty of people posting FF15 reviews here. There certainly seems to be more than there has for any other game this year.

I found a bunch yesterday, I guess I wasn´t looking hard enugh. People seem to hate the faux car rides.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

exdeath said:

They fled to Mistwalker, which begged MS to buy them but nope, the Don ruined it, as usual... 

exdeath said:

While the reception to modern FF titles (13+) has been more variable than with their predecessors, i expect you're in the minority in believing that FF6 was their last good FF title, let alone JRPG in general.

AsGryffynn said:
exdeath said:

They fled to Mistwalker, which begged MS to buy them but nope, the Don ruined it, as usual... 

Mistwalker was after FF10-2, not FF6 :p

wouldn't mind playing something like that but since ffxv in versus form probably would've costed 120$ instead of 70$, full price sales wouldn't have reached 5 million+ either.