By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy Versus XIII Details from one of the supposed devs - Rumored/Take with Grain of Salt "What could have been" - (INCLUDES potential connection to spoilers of Final Fantasy XV)

Super_Boom said:
Just a reminder to everyone not to derail topics with personal back and forths. Either take it to PM, report it, or drop it completely.

Remember: debate posts, not posters. If you can't make your point without attacking the other party...don't make your point at all.

I love you. Beautiful way to talk, some moderators could learn a thing or two from you.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
AsGryffynn said:

They fled to Mistwalker, which begged MS to buy them but nope, the Don ruined it, as usual... 

Mistwalker was after FF10-2, not FF6 :p

They started running away  with FFVI. However, they had nowhere to run to until Mistwalker emerged and Sakaguchi told Sony to stick it up theirs... 

AsGryffynn said:
Zekkyou said:

Mistwalker was after FF10-2, not FF6 :p

They started running away  with FFVI. However, they had nowhere to run to until Mistwalker emerged and Sakaguchi told Sony to stick it up theirs... 

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on that front; i think the series was at its best between 7 and 12 ^^

When I first saw XIII Versus it was like a successor to VII & VIII was shaping out, Noctus in the car felt like Squall, Cloud and though the battles didn't excite me it wasn't a main FF in the end
But then the game lost it's original focus, characters started to not impress me like they did
FF XV is OK but again it shows that SE don't know what to do with this title anymore

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
AsGryffynn said:

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on that front; i think the series was at its best between 7 and 12 ^^

The fall of the franchise had started. It was still strong, but the games were cornier each time... 

Also, the fall of games has affected other franchises. It's not limited to Final Fantasy... 

Director:
The director (Tabata) did a great job. The game turned out to be very good considering the state of all things. If they were allowed to release the game in 2017, it could have been the best game ever.

lol

It would have needed another reboot and 3-4 extra years to even come close to being the best game ever

Tagging

Honestly, for what happened the game turned out great. Cant wait to see how SE does FFXVI with a clean slate and no VSXIII baggage.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi