By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What games have you wasted money on?

Tagged games:

Looks like you keep getting burned on price drops. Perhaps you should try and wait for that drop. I only buy Kart, Smash and a few other games at full price. The others I just wait for sales or drops.

Around the Network

Dark Void, oh boy.

Basically every game I've ever bought

Just going through my trophy list for the games with next to no trophies..

Doom
Battleborn
Divinity Original Sin
Tales of Symphonia
Evolve
Lego Marvel Superheroes
Wolfenstein New Order
Lego Batman 2
LA Noire
Dead Island
Fallout: New Vegas
Bayonetta
Heavy Rain
Demons Souls

That isn't counting anything on Steam...

AZWification said:

Games I didn't play AT ALL? I don't think I've ever bought a game I didn't play for at least 20 minutes..

No.  Games you wasted money on, one way or another.  I wasted 90 dollars on SFXT, back in the day, but, I played it for at least 100 hours.  I just didn't include it because it was 4 years ago.

Around the Network

Mighty No 9
Pier Solar
Blazeblue

Huge piles of shit. Awful awful awful games.

I play every game I buy, but there are still games I wasted money on, namely Sonic 06 and Sticker Star for obvious reasons. Atleast I was able to return Sonic, but I was a foolish fool and bought Sticker Star digitally so that's straight up $40 down the drain.

I usually try to be different and try smaller games like Dead Rising 2 but then play 10 mins and realize there is a reason why these games dont get so popular

manuel said:
I bought Ninokuni for the DS when it came out at full price because of the nice book that came with it. Never got around to play it and now used copies in complete and great condition go for less than $10.
That's only one example of many.

i thought Ni No Kuni was a PS3 game. Weird.

I typically like Level-5's content, and Ni No Kuni wasn't different. Pretty sure the DS version is a washed out version(similar to how Spores on the DS is garbage compared to Spores PC)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Star Fox Zero, Shovel Knight, and a good chunk of games on Steam.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."