By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Latest Super Smash Bros Brawl pics from HAL

It's going to be enormous, ioi. EEE-NOR-MOUS.

This game alone will bring in millions of Wii console sales. Nintendo got this game on lock with the killers. Too many killers. Just too many killers. Melee was so complete and perfect. This game will be 10 Melees combined impact wise.

John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Around the Network

kirby007, these pics are ingame...they just use the camera to look at different points on the field.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

And I hope this game has a few "glitches" to exploit like Melee did...that seperated the pros from the noobs.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Sweet I hope Diddy Kong is in he is so cool

My dog is way beyond my ranking list than you.

Din Apekatt  

KruzeS said:
kirby007 said:
if pics would be ingame, awesome, but doubt it.

The last one, with the damage meter, most likely is. The others, may not be in game, but don't look pre-rendered.

The beauty of Super Smash Bros. series was that the whole game except for intro was in-game models (and even then some in-game models were spliced in creatively). But the design was so good all they had to do was play with the in-game character animations and make it look like a bunch of stuff. They'd have Pikachu crouching and a certain frame his eyes would close. On the ending they would put him on Kirby stage with that Big Tree put some stuff around him shift the camera angle around and he'd look like he was sleeping peacefully in a pasture.

I thought that kind of stuff was ingenious and you can bet your bottom dollar those are in-game models. Even the top two. The top two could be in-game models used in intro. They mix movie footage with in-game models to making it seamless. This game is....HOHH! Can't wait for this thing. I might start up my Melee again just to hype myself out for this game.

NOwhere else but Nintendo! I LOVE these guys!

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Around the Network

Oh, I just remembered something I forgot to mention earlier. Sakurai stated a while back that while the single-player mode in SSB was somewhat rushed and the higher-ups at Nintendo had told him to hurry up and finish Melee with not too much single-player content, he's got all the time he wants to add lots of stuff to do by yourself in Brawl. This is futher confirmed by the recent and reliable sounding "leaks" that say all the previous single player content is returning with much new added. I'd personally love it if they included a side scrolling beat 'em up mode with single and multi-player options. The engine is just perfect for that kind of game, and we haven't had too many in recent years.

I'm guessing the remaining doubters that this is all in game footage never played SSBM. The reason they are able to make such camera angles is the same reason they could in Melee. You can pause the game at any point and rotate the camera between the 180 degrees of the stage view. I'm willing to bet quite a lot of money that every one of these was taken in game. The damage meter layer was stripped from the top 3 but that's obviously a very simple action for the programmers to do and show us these stages. If you go to www.smashbros.com you will see even more proof that these are in fact in-game. The shots were there to show what the "Battlefield" stage actually looks like during different times of the day.

Oh and, despite hating myself for a double post, I feel like I ought to respond to the initial question of "How big will this be?" Well, I would say other than Halo 3, Wii Sports and Pokemon it will be the best selling game of 07 as long as it's out before the holidays (the latter 2 outselling the first). The user base on the Wii is so big now and SSBM was tied for best selling GC game with Mario Kart. It MAY even beat out Halo 3. We'll have to wait and see. Either way, basically every poll on the internet places it at by far the most anticipated Wii game of 07.

Co-op adventure mode would give the multiplayer mode a run for its money if done well, and may show that the "Mushroom Kingdom Hearts" idea is not that crazy :)

Yay, can't wait for it... hopefully i can get it before Christmas.

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------