By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Latest Super Smash Bros Brawl pics from HAL

Delusional said:
are these gameplay images or are they the beginning cg cutscene?

at least the bottom one looks like in game.

Around the Network

Almost everything they've shown for SSBB has been in-game, except for that E3 trailer sequence.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

One thing I'm worried about is getting disorientated while playing due to those very detailed backgrounds... Like that level with MetaKnight...his ship flying in the background...it seems weird with the 2D foreground...we'll see how it plays...I'm excited!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I don't like fighting games but I may be forced into buying this one. It's nice to see the Wii finally getting something that looks better than a GC game.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

looking very nice. I think this is the only reason I would pick up a Wii as of now.

Around the Network

Looks great, and in answer to the question: Yes, this is all gameplay footage. There is no pre-rendering CG images in anything we have seen except the E3 trailer. Nice to see at least Sakurai is willing to push the Wii graphics some even if 3rd parties are still too lazy to do it. Despite popular opinion the Wii is much more powerful than any last generation system (roughly 3X as powerful as the PS2 for reference).

I still think Melee is one of the prettiest games I have, but this is way above it in both style and technology. Especially Metaknights sword catches my eye. I already decided I was getting this game the second I heard of the it, and I'm definitely not getting buyer-to-be's remorse the more I see.

PLZ PLZ LET SONIC BE IN IT! PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

if pics would be ingame, awesome, but doubt it.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
if pics would be ingame, awesome, but doubt it.

The last one, with the damage meter, most likely is. The others, may not be in game, but don't look pre-rendered.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.