By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I flew too close to the 1TF sun and my Switch wings melted.

I like the title
I wasn't caught at the hype, I knew it when they made the WII U and I know that 3rd party support won't come as Nintendo fans hope each time a new machine is on it's way, Hell I still rate switch as a handheld that can be attached to my TV

Around the Network
Cubedramirez said:
WE don't have any numbers. It could still be quite a shock to us. Everyone is going off of older development kits hardware. Nintendo alongside Nvidia are planning something very big. I expect the system to be below Xbox One power but as a handheld hybrid that has console quality games (easily) that's the major selling point.

I expect a upgrade dock in the near future adding additional horse power to the device on top of simply having a continuous power source.

An upgraded dock in the near future with upgraded horsepower isn't possible considering the Switch's operating modes. The dock does nothing more than enable a high performance mode on the switch, it does not provide additional power itself.

potato_hamster said:
zorg1000 said:

Your first paragraph seems to be nothing more than deflection.

You are the one who said Nintendo would be lucky to sell 12 million in a year, not me.

No, I never said that Nintendo would be lucky to sell 12 million a year, I said they'd be happy if the Switch averages 12 million a year. Answer me this, do you honestly think Nintendo expects the Switch to sell more than 15 million a year average for the life of the Switch? Or better yet, how many Switches do you believe Nintendo will sell?

No clue, hard to make a sales prediction when we have no idea what the price will be, how well the marketing is, how well they execute the hybrid concept, what games are at launch and beyond, did they make improvements to their online services & account systems, how is the battery life, is it region free, does it have their own take on achievements, will My Nintendo be improved, will their future mobile titles have a Pokemon Go effect that moves hardware, will their new business ventures like theme park attractions and theatrical releases bring attention to their gaming business, etc?

Way too many variables, I think Switch has potential to surpass sales of 3DS+Wii U with proper execution, however I also believe it has potential to do worse than 3DS+Wii U if they mess up on multiple of the points listed above. It will be much easier to make a prediction after the full reveal.

Just one week left to go!!!!!

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

potato_hamster said:
Cubedramirez said:
WE don't have any numbers. It could still be quite a shock to us. Everyone is going off of older development kits hardware. Nintendo alongside Nvidia are planning something very big. I expect the system to be below Xbox One power but as a handheld hybrid that has console quality games (easily) that's the major selling point.

I expect a upgrade dock in the near future adding additional horse power to the device on top of simply having a continuous power source.

An upgraded dock in the near future with upgraded horsepower isn't possible considering the Switch's operating modes. The dock does nothing more than enable a high performance mode on the switch, it does not provide additional power itself.

You guys used the words Nintendo and high performance in your text. Now you are losing credibility. Just saying.......

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

potato_hamster said:
Cubedramirez said:

Even if they were to release a dock that added significant processing power, I dont really see what the point would be. If its a huge increase than it just seems like games targeted for it would run like shit or not at all when undocked which really defeats the purpose of the overall concept.

So basically all it would do is make existing games look a little bit better, which the current dock already does. It seems like in order to get any meaningful gains, you would have to increase the power of the base unit as well, which i suppose is possible with a NEW Switch style upgrade.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
potato_hamster said:

No, I never said that Nintendo would be lucky to sell 12 million a year, I said they'd be happy if the Switch averages 12 million a year. Answer me this, do you honestly think Nintendo expects the Switch to sell more than 15 million a year average for the life of the Switch? Or better yet, how many Switches do you believe Nintendo will sell?

No clue, hard to make a sales prediction when we have no idea what the price will be, how well the marketing is, how well they execute the hybrid concept, what games are at launch and beyond, did they make improvements to their online services & account systems, how is the battery life, is it region free, does it have their own take on achievements, will My Nintendo be improved, will their future mobile titles have a Pokemon Go effect that moves hardware, will their new business ventures like theme park attractions and theatrical releases bring attention to their gaming business, etc?

Way too many variables, I think Switch has potential to surpass sales of 3DS+Wii U with proper execution, however I also believe it has potential to do worse than 3DS+Wii U if they mess up on multiple of the points listed above. It will be much easier to make a prediction after the full reveal.

Just one week left to go!!!!!

Well said, and a fair point.

zorg1000 said:
potato_hamster said:

Even if they were to release a dock that added significant processing power, I dont really see what the point would be. If its a huge increase than it just seems like games targeted for it would run like shit or not at all when undocked which really defeats the purpose of the overall concept.

So basically all it would do is make existing games look a little bit better, which the current dock already does. It seems like in order to get any meaningful gains, you would have to increase the power of the base unit as well, which i suppose is possible with a NEW Switch style upgrade.

Another solid point. It would just make the handheld mode look worse.

miqdadi said:
I like the title
I wasn't caught at the hype, I knew it when they made the WII U and I know that 3rd party support won't come as Nintendo fans hope each time a new machine is on it's way, Hell I still rate switch as a handheld that can be attached to my TV

Thanks for the title complement. Yes, even though Nintendo says the Switch is a home console, everyone knows its a portable gaming system that docks to a TV. Everything about the Switch confirms it is a gaming tablet. The battery, the screen, the lower computational power, the games on small cartridges, the small form factor. Someone needs to tell Nintendo that the Switch is not a home console. They are being delusional and as a Nintendo fan I am embarrassed by it.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

SonytendoAmiibo said:
miqdadi said:
I like the title

Thanks for the title complement. Yes, even though Nintendo says the Switch is a home console, everyone knows its a portable gaming system that docks to a TV. Everything about the Switch confirms it is a gaming tablet. The battery, the screen, the lower computational power, the games on small cartridges, the small form factor. Someone needs to tell Nintendo that the Switch is not a home console. They are being delusional and as a Nintendo fan I am embarrassed by it.

The only reason Nintendo led with that "new home console" rubbish is because they didn't want to jeopardise 3DS's last big holiday season by telling people its replacement was just around the corner. It's a portable with TV connectivity, anyone who says otherwise is in denial, frankly.

curl-6 said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:

The only reason Nintendo led with that "new home console" rubbish is because they didn't want to jeopardise 3DS's last big holiday season by telling people its replacement was just around the corner. It's a portable with TV connectivity, anyone who says otherwise is in denial, frankly.

Yup. Do you think Nintendo will ever release an actual home console again? I would like to see a powerful home console with games on the same size Switch cartridge, maybe with a small tab sticking out the side preventing it from being used in the Switch, but designed for big AAA games. That way Switch games would also play on the powerful home console, making the Switch dock obsolete.