By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry: Nintendo Switch CPU and GPU clock speeds revealed

Someone should d a prediction thread for what happens if this flops.

Around the Network

So I guess DQ11 on Switch will be 16 bit mode only?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Well if the Switch uses the Tegra X1 then I'm expecting a low retail price, not sure that I would be interested in a price north of $260AUD

Random_Matt said:
Pre-order cancelled, that's just shocking.

Really? Cancelling your pre-order (you unlikely pre-ordered it anyway) for CPU/GPU numbers and you do not even know bout the games and software?
So in both case you would pre-order (or cancel) by knowing nothing about the system basically. Interresting :)

OP: Numbers means nothing for a Nintendo system. Their exlusives do and in the Switch case the portability is also one nice addition and we will see how this plays out but Nintendo will come up with Zelda, Mario (Land, World, Kart, Paper, etc...), Metroid, Pokemon and just milk this baby out :)

Really really not worried at all, the system looks very sexy to me, no matter what are the specs.
I cannot believe anyone really thought the Switch would be as powerfull as the Xbox One or even the Play Station Four... This is really laughable :)

Imaginedvl said:
Random_Matt said:

Really? Cancelling your pre-order (you unlikely pre-ordered it anyway) for CPU/GPU numbers and you do not even know bout the games and software?
So in both case you would pre-order (or cancel) by knowing nothing about the system basically. Interresting :)

OP: Numbers means nothing for a Nintendo system. Their exlusives do and in the Switch case the portability is also one nice addition and we will see how this plays out but Nintendo will come up with Zelda, Mario (Land, World, Kart, Paper, etc...), Metroid, Pokemon and just milk this baby out :)

Really really not worried at all, the system looks very sexy to me, no matter what are the specs.
I cannot believe anyone really thought the Switch would be as powerfull as the Xbox One or even the Play Station Four... This is really laughable :)

What you believe is irrelevant, fact remains the same. There is a certain threshold i refuse to go below, sorry it's too weak fro me if true. I'll wait till january for confirmation.

Around the Network

I feel bad for the people who genuinely expected a PORTABLE device about 10 times as small as this one

to be about close in power.

I'm still getting one because i don't buy Nintendo consoles for multiplats, but some really need to chill and get real.

Imaginedvl said:
Random_Matt said:

So you aren't allowed to be disappointed with the specs because it has exclusives?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Just as I was telling .

Itll be à WiiU+ in handhled mode and à XboxOne-- in home console mode.
Itll be to thé PS4 what vita was to thé PS3.
So theyll probably make thé DQXI in cell shading to port thé PS4 version on it without too much performance loss ( like Borderlands PS3 on vita)

Not bad if you prefer to play everywhere, same choice than thé Vita

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Though ill wait until it Gets down to 200+ à game, 250 would be too much.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Then again, this is just a rumor, might not be true.

Remember the Foxconn leak? It was quickly discredited mainly because the 1080p screen and the pro version (which he later said was a dev kit). BUT, not only did he provide an accurate description of the dev kit pics that were leaked a day before the Switch trailer was out (and it ended up looking strikingly similar to the Switch), with the patents he got even more stuff right.

For example, he predicted the buttons on the side of the joy-cons (calling them SL & SR), the fact there is no fan in the dock (even though LKD said otherwise, though the patents aren't 100% accurate), a 4G version (mobile networking functions were mentioned in the patent) which is definetly a detail not easily predictable.

Not to mention he stated that the Joy Cons have complicated innards, which fits with the fact that they have that infrared camera for reading vein patterns and similar stuff packed in there.

So going by this, he says the screen is 1080p (though it might not be accurate as he said he thinks it is from seeing it), the processor is much more powerful than the X1 (which counters this) and the battery is 4130mah.

Now going by logic LKD actually backed this rumor stating it matches the info she was given (probably piggybacking) but if it actually does it implies they have similar sources which have been wrong in the past (fan in Switch dock and maybe something else).

Then you also have the fact that using Maxwell doesn't make that much sense and Nvidia states the newest and best tech used in their lastest GPUs, so unless heavy false-ish clickbait advertising (which it probably is) it can't be Maxwell.

But I will say myself that this is strawgraspy and I don't really buy it myself (would love to be wrong here), as Eurogamer has been legit in the past, but a man can dream...