By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry: Nintendo Switch CPU and GPU clock speeds revealed

Shocking if true. There were some people expecting Xbox One level performance...

Around the Network
Guitarguy said:
Shocking if true. There were some people expecting Xbox One level performance...

Tbh, I always thought those predictions were pretty unrealistic XD.

I'm fine with graphics between WiiU-One. But again I do not care about graphics and third party support (which I can get on my PS4) on a Nintendo console. I get why for some people these news are a downer though.

Volterra_90 said:
Guitarguy said:

Big time. Especially considering the form factor and price. Not to mention factoring in a large 720P screen into the equation.

Is this official information or just rumours?

Switch just went from $249 day one purchase
to
I'll probably buy Switch bundled with a game for $199

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

Around the Network

And the Wii U was said to be a 176 Gflop machine? Whats the problem with this. This is a portable system that is more powerful than Nintendo's last home console. Anyone thinking this thing was going to complete with current gen are fooling themselves. This machine at these specs will be an affordable, super reliable peice of kit that will probably last for decades of gaming use. The game are on cartridge and will also last for decades. The battery will last for long gaming sessions and quick charge for convenience. This is the ultimate Nintendo machine a Nintendo fan could ask for.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

So basically they just took old tablet tech and made it weaker. I just can't believe Nintendo would do this, but it's digital foundry reporting it...

Sigh.

Ya really couldn't care less about the clock speeds of this thing, they really make no difference in the long run.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Guitarguy said:
Volterra_90 said:

Big time. Especially considering the form factor and price. Not to mention factoring in a large 720P screen into the equation.

Yep, basically. You get what you can get for that price and that form factor. A XboxOne powered handheld? No way, that would be just too much and really expensive.

Waiting until press conference in january...not gonna bother with rumors.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3