By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Games that need to be made for the PS4...

Azuren said:
Chazore said:

Could have just made a theread titled "games that need to come back to 8th gen" and it would have been more open and made sense.

To be fair, the thread is in "Sony Discussion".

I know, but OP also mentioned that the games can go anywhere as well. I think it would be a bit silly for me to say make a thread with the same title, but for every other platform, the obvious conflict and "same thread" replies would definitely occur.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

think-man said:

Think of it this way then, Bayonetta sold 205k in ten weeks on the ps3 in japan with a install base of 4 million at the time, it also sold 89k in Japan in ten weeks on the X360 on an install base of 1.1 million..... Bayonetta 2 sold 55k in ten weeks on an install base of 2 million, that's less than the x360 on an install base nearly twice as big! and the 360 had competition. Even if you halfed the PS3 install base to 2 million and said they Ps3 managed half the numbers at 102k in ten weeks then that still labels Bayo 2 as a flop.

PS3 came out in Japan back in 2006,Bayo came out in 2009, 3 years later btw.

I see you putting numbers from both platforms together versus 1 and then you're also forgetting about the install base of last gen that still exists and is still more than able to support the first game  

You're going at this with what sold in a shorter time while combining both against a single platform. End of the day Bayo 1 flopped, neither Sony nor MS thought it was a success for them to support this gen, hence why we have Nintendo doing it. It doesn't "belong" anywhere, it only goes to who pays and supports it and neither of the other two parties thought it was worthy of support.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

TaMpAbLaCk said:
Firefoxie said:

Thank you!

No Problem! That is much better than $90 & $125, right lol Had no idea some ubah PSX/PS1 games sell for $100+ wow! I got all the classic ones in mint condidtion!

I know! The Persona and Persons 2 games go for $399 to $499 for a sealed copy. I was lucky I found a used copy of Koudlka pretty much new for $60 on EBay, but I didn't get the manual with it sadly. I'm definitely going to buy both FE games here soon.

Not all gamers care to own a ps4 so why make some traditional multiplats Sony exclusives?  Hell, Splinter Cell started on Xbox and always had the better console version of that franchise.

Around the Network

New MediEvil or at least complete remake.

Chazore said:
think-man said:

Think of it this way then, Bayonetta sold 205k in ten weeks on the ps3 in japan with a install base of 4 million at the time, it also sold 89k in Japan in ten weeks on the X360 on an install base of 1.1 million..... Bayonetta 2 sold 55k in ten weeks on an install base of 2 million, that's less than the x360 on an install base nearly twice as big! and the 360 had competition. Even if you halfed the PS3 install base to 2 million and said they Ps3 managed half the numbers at 102k in ten weeks then that still labels Bayo 2 as a flop.

PS3 came out in Japan back in 2006,Bayo came out in 2009, 3 years later btw.

I see you putting numbers from both platforms together versus 1 and then you're also forgetting about the install base of last gen that still exists and is still more than able to support the first game  

You're going at this with what sold in a shorter time while combining both against a single platform. End of the day Bayo 1 flopped, neither Sony nor MS thought it was a success for them to support this gen, hence why we have Nintendo doing it. It doesn't "belong" anywhere, it only goes to who pays and supports it and neither of the other two parties thought it was worthy of support.

I think you need to read again,  i have separated them both. The only game that can keep selling now is bayo 2 as bayo 1 has already sold all its copies years ago.  I don't argue that bayo 1 was a flop i simply meant if bayo 1 was a flop then bayo 2 was a mega flop in comparison. 

think-man said:

I think you need to read again,  i have separated them both. The only game that can keep selling now is bayo 2 as bayo 1 has already sold all its copies years ago.  I don't argue that bayo 1 was a flop i simply meant if bayo 1 was a flop then bayo 2 was a mega flop in comparison. 

I don't see how Bayo 2 is an ever bigger flop than the first game, considering that the second game was being sold on a small install base that never got the first game until it was packaged. Then of course you've got last gen's install bases, combined. There should be hardly any reason why those two systems couldn't net a ton more sales with other games on those two systems that sold millions. Wii U itself just about manages when you look at Splatoon, but last gen you had all sorts that made millions. 

Two install bases not managing to make up for a lot, let alone being able to care to fund a sequel sounds a ton more worse than a 3rd player in the race that decided, since they never got the first game, to fund a sequel. At elast they tried in the end, the otehr two didn't even bother. THat's what's being ingored here, is that they tried, the other two didn't. The other two had large install bases for the first game and years afterward, they didn't pick things up for the first game.

Even then, at the end of the day, Platinum's games will never sell CoD like numbers, let alone 1st party. I think that's something else we need to consider in general.

Skies of Arcadia 2, dammit.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

twintail said:
Firefoxie said:

Bayonetta is owned by Nintendo now so Sony won't be getting that IP sadly. I really want a new Castlevania and Silent Hil game, but the way Konami has been acting the closest thing we're going to get is a Pachinko machine. I'd love to see a new Fear Effect game or a least have the old ones put on the PSN as classics. I never got to play the two that were released on the PS1 era so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

They got publishing rights for 1 game. IP is still in the hands of Sega, completely. 

Sony needs to take that Ratchet engine and allow sly, jax and ape escape games to be made. Obviously modifications for different graphic styles.

All of those games you mentioned plus Medevil and few others I'd like to see return.