By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump plainly admits to lying about his central campaign promises.

Mr Puggsly said:

Drain the swamp basically meant get rid of everyone in the current administration. The swamp he creates doesn't count! But seriously, he getting a bunch of people together that know something about business. Curious to see how that works out.

The swamp Trump creates, most certainly does count, you do not attack your opponents for "Making a swamp" and then claim you will "Drain" said "Swamp" and then proceed to make your own "Swamp" which is made up of people who are arguably even more vile, biased, own personal agendas and swamp-like.

That is called double standards. I think the US Government should provide every American citizen waders so they can traverse the swamp in the coming years.

Ronster316 said:

He's not doing the wall? news to me....... still very much said it was going up last night during his final thankyou rally.

ISIS will PAY....... thats for sure.

Regarding the national debt........ we will just have to wait and see.

Merry christmas.

He said he was happy with a fence. A fence. Not a glorious wall that mexico will be force to pay. A fence in places. A freaking fence.
I bet it won't be as good as Australia's fence, the longest fence in the world. - It keeps out rabbits.

Mummelmann said:

In short; politicians are assholes, Trump is also an asshole but at least he's open about it, which makes him easier to oppose and disect... I guess that's my point. Or something.

Please don't insult assholes. They actually have a use. For passing feces.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Drain the swamp basically meant get rid of everyone in the current administration. The swamp he creates doesn't count! But seriously, he getting a bunch of people together that know something about business. Curious to see how that works out.

The swamp Trump creates, most certainly does count, you do not attack your opponents for "Making a swamp" and then claim you will "Drain" said "Swamp" and then proceed to make your own "Swamp" which is made up of people who are arguably even more vile, biased, own personal agendas and swamp-like.

That is called double standards. I think the US Government should provide every American citizen waders so they can traverse the swamp in the coming years.

Ronster316 said:

He's not doing the wall? news to me....... still very much said it was going up last night during his final thankyou rally.

ISIS will PAY....... thats for sure.

Regarding the national debt........ we will just have to wait and see.

Merry christmas.

He said he was happy with a fence. A fence. Not a glorious wall that mexico will be force to pay. A fence in places. A freaking fence.
I bet it won't be as good as Australia's fence, the longest fence in the world. - It keeps out rabbits.

Mummelmann said:

In short; politicians are assholes, Trump is also an asshole but at least he's open about it, which makes him easier to oppose and disect... I guess that's my point. Or something.

Please don't insult assholes. They actually have a use. For passing feces.

Hey! Some people have stomi-bags!

Mummelmann said:
naruball said:

Oh come on. You're better than this. You know damn well that there's a massive difference between making promises you don't keep and lying through your teeth.

Well, is there such a huge difference? It it better to lie and then not come clean? The vast majority of campaign promises are lofty and unlikely to come true, and those who make them know this full well. Trust me, I'm no Trump fan, far from it, but at least he admits to speaking BS, this is part of the reason why he won at all.

I dislike politicians in general, it seems like regardless of party and affiliation, corruption and egocentrical thinking becomes the norm. Like in Norway recently, they had a vote on whether or not to double the severance pay for politicians who have served in office, from one year to two years, average severance pay being in the order of about 100-120.000$, the Social Democrats, Left, Progress Party (populist right) and Christian Peoples Party voted for, almost all of them, that's a really widespread agreement on unjust and unfair terms for the most overappreciated profession in the world, most of these folks have never held a real job in their lives.

It's the same in Sweden, the right pretends that it's simply a question of future economical concern and the well being of their fellow citizens when they opposed almost any immigration, and the left preaches anti-hatred, anti-violence and tolerance and then turn out to be both violent, intolerant and hateful.

Yes, but don't you think that there are assholes who from a scale from 1 to 10 (10 being the worst) deserve a 5, while others a 10?

For example Obama tried to do a lot of things but was blocked by Republicans who voted against his proposals because he didn't have the majority. It seems that he did try to do certain things and wasn't intentionally lying (and even if he was about some things, definitely not most things like Trump).

Just like with murderers. There are (A) those who killed someone because he did something to them (still, they shouldn't and they belong in jail)
and (B) those who kill 5 black people because they are black. I'm sorry but even if they're open about it, I think they're worse. And even though they are both murders, they're really not the same.

naruball said:
Mummelmann said:

Well, is there such a huge difference? It it better to lie and then not come clean? The vast majority of campaign promises are lofty and unlikely to come true, and those who make them know this full well. Trust me, I'm no Trump fan, far from it, but at least he admits to speaking BS, this is part of the reason why he won at all.

I dislike politicians in general, it seems like regardless of party and affiliation, corruption and egocentrical thinking becomes the norm. Like in Norway recently, they had a vote on whether or not to double the severance pay for politicians who have served in office, from one year to two years, average severance pay being in the order of about 100-120.000$, the Social Democrats, Left, Progress Party (populist right) and Christian Peoples Party voted for, almost all of them, that's a really widespread agreement on unjust and unfair terms for the most overappreciated profession in the world, most of these folks have never held a real job in their lives.

It's the same in Sweden, the right pretends that it's simply a question of future economical concern and the well being of their fellow citizens when they opposed almost any immigration, and the left preaches anti-hatred, anti-violence and tolerance and then turn out to be both violent, intolerant and hateful.

Yes, but don't you think that there are assholes who from a scale from 1 to 10 (10 being the worst) deserve a 5, while others a 10?

For example Obama tried to do a lot of things but was blocked by Republicans who voted against his proposals because he didn't have the majority. It seems that he did try to do certain things and wasn't intentionally lying (and even if he was about some things, definitely not most things like Trump).

Just like with murderers. There are (A) those who killed someone because he did something to them (still, they shouldn't and they belong in jail)
and (B) those who kill 5 black people because they are black. I'm sorry but even if they're open about it, I think they're worse. And even though they are both murders, they're really not the same.

Sure, there are degrees of "asshole-ism", I'd say. On a scale, Trump scores higher than most, he spouts a lot of hate and ignorance and he triggers the worst in his followers. But, to me, someone who pretends to be a humble represesentative of the people who understands their struggle, and then jumps on opportunities for money and power at the first chance and works towards infiltrating and influencing various systems and authorities to take part in corruption, that's even worse (this is exactly what Social Democrats in Sweden and Norway have been doing for some time). It's two-faced and extremely dishonest. Here in Scandinavia, both the right and left are guilty of it though, just about the only ones who don't play this particular game are populists, both left and right (that doesn't make them better though, perhaps only more transparent, but a transparent idiot is still and idiot).

To quote a character from my book; "An honest bastard is still a bastard."

naruball said:
snyps said:

If you think the other Presidents of this last century intended in keeping their lofty campain promises then... here's some niquil.. we all make mistakes.

What is it with you and niquil? Seriously. Look at your posts. You seem to be obsessed with it. Maybe you should take your own advice and have some yourself?

Some people can go through their whole lives, choosing to never wake up.  People are so innocent when they're dreaming. I don't mean to disturb. 

Around the Network

Trump is apparently telling the truth...about lying. Does this make him an honest person? It's really one of those things that's hard to wrap your head around.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

The Daily Show, left wing trash brainwashing impressionable little adults.
That Trevor Noah really does know better. At least that Stewart guy had some comedy value.

Jon-Erich said:
Trump is apparently telling the truth...about lying. Does this make him an honest person? It's really one of those things that's hard to wrap your head around.

There are honest people, liars then there are politicians.

Anything is better than a politician by default, just hearing a politician with their linguistically correct sound bites is all I need to be free of, you're free of that with Trump no matter what happens.

UnderstatedCornHole said:
Jon-Erich said:

There are honest people, liars then there are politicians.

Anything is better than a politician by default, just hearing a politician with their linguistically correct sound bites is all I need to be free of, you're free of that with Trump no matter what happens.

True. Honestly, I can't figure out if I like Trump more because of this or if I think he's just a straight up asshole. This would be like Bush admitting that he tortured people and that Iraq War really wasn't a necessary part of the War on Terrorism, or if Obama straight up admitted that he's notihng more than a Chicago politicians and that his original presidential campaign was othing more than great marketing.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

bunchanumbers said:
Mr Puggsly said:

For much of the Obama administration there has been a call for tougher enforcement on immigration. Obama used to boast how tough he was on it probably to appeal to the right. This is the same guy that "evolved" on gay marriage. So he wasn't above misleading people to get a vote.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obamas-deportation-policy-numbers/story?id=41715661

Hes deported more than any other president. No president has ever been tougher on immigration. Sounds to me like you may have fallen victim to fringe media telling misinformation.

Bravo for that, I'm not denying he has had any impact on pushing criminal illegals out. I just don't believe he's been tough enough on the situation.

I support harsh penalties for those that return and going after sanctuary cities (where criminal illegals will dwell for obvious reasons). For the record, I support Obama on not throwing people out who have been here for years with no criminal record.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)