By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Live (on Xbox One) Requiring Payment Info?

Barkley said:
d21lewis said:

Maybe it's "case by case". I lost my wallet back in April canceled my card. I couldn't get my PS+ games without adding my new credit card. I think I waited too long procrastinating and never got them.

PS+ games are a different case as they're tied to a subscription service, I assume Azuren is referring to items that are free for everyone.

Indeed, like Warframe or DCUO. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Barkley said:

The ways you mentioned were completely inviable, and very easy to work around. They're eliminated as viable business choices. :P

You'll just have to agree to disagree, because they can't be eliminated, as others use those means. But, you continue to dodge my main question: 

Why is Microsoft receiving the bulk of the hate from this?

I don't actually hate microsoft. It's simply a joke.

But I still think it's a bit stupid as to why there wasn't an option for me to use a prepaid card. 

The only reason I called out Microsoft is because I experienced this on the xbox. I've said the same thing for apple music and other products 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

CGI-Quality said:
hershel_layton said:

I don't actually hate microsoft. It's simply a joke.

But I still think it's a bit stupid as to why there wasn't an option for me to use a prepaid card. 

The only reason I called out Microsoft is because I experienced this on the xbox. I've said the same thing for apple music and other products 

Fair enough. So I altered the thread title to be a bit less "angry". ;p

You should change it again because its wrong. You're only required to enter payment info if you are downloading any xbox 360 game on xbox one free or not. For demos, trails, and GWG xbox one games you dont have to enter a payment option. 

The thread title changed and now it's 100% innacurate (can a question be wrong?). No. Anybody can download demos.

I'm out of bed now so I'll fire up the PS4 and Xbox One and log in as my daughter. I'll give you guys some definite answers.

CGI-Quality said:
d21lewis said:
The thread title changed and now it's 100% innacurate.

Cool, "Goddammit Microsoft" was at least somewhat accurate, then. So, I'll put that back. 

Lol! True. 

Anyway, fired up PS4.

It let me download the Tethered Demo and Gary the Seagull games for free. Didn't ask her for any info aside from her log in info. Next up, Xbox One....

Around the Network

Xbox One: Downloaded Warframe for free and downloaded the demo for Resident Evil Beginning hour.

For the record, I'm using my secondary consoles (Standard Xbox One and PS4 and made sure my account was logged out. She has no payment info whatsoever. She can't even play my games if I'm not logged in on these consoles)

As for the current thread title, I don't see any way to download 360 demos at all on Xbox One. BC, as far as I know, only applies to full games. I must have missed something in the thread. Thought I read everything.

I think Lost Odyssey is already installed on this console. I'll see if she can play it without me.

*Says she has to buy it--I'm going to the XBL Marketplace*

*Says she has to add payment info*

I guess that's a no. Can't buy 360 games on Xbox One without payment information. Even if they're free.

If they didn't do this for a game that's free for only a limited time, I would make a bunch of XBL accounts and claim rights for this game. Then sell the accounts or do some other shady things. Heck yeah, bunch of junk accounts.

By doing this, it makes you feel like you have more responsibility for your account. You are that one sperm that made it, not one of the many. You do matter and are not a throw away. The other sperm were there just for the quick thrill and ride.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

BTW, this thread title makes no sense at all, in regard to the OP:

1. Lost Odyssey is not a demo.

2. You can't download 360 demos on Xbone. Only 360 games you can download are full games.

Thread Title: "Xbox Live (on Xbox One) Requires Payment Info For 360 Demos"

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Still makes no sense. Should be
Xbox Live(on Xbox One) Requires Payment Informatiom for Xbox 360 Games.