By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Valkyria Revolution coming west for PS4, Xbox One, and PS Vita in Q2 2017

Lawlight said:

You're putting words in my mouth there.

Didn't know it was sold at $60 at launch on Steam (that was the original's price at release).

You're the one implying here.

Check up on the games next time to check on their prices. That usually tends to help out.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Lawlight said:

You're putting words in my mouth there.

Didn't know it was sold at $60 at launch on Steam (that was the original's price at release).

You're the one implying here.

Check up on the games next time to check on their prices. That usually tends to help out.

Checked it - unlike your claim, it was not launched at full price on Steam, unlike what you claimed.

Lawlight said:

Checked it - unlike your claim, it was not launched at full price on Steam, unlike what you claimed.

You were going by the price of when it launched years ago.... Do you honestly think it's fair to charge a full on $60 for a console port years after it launched? (8 years ago to be exact).

I like how you do this now of all times, especially after me pointing out to you in the first place.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Chazore said:
Lawlight said:

You were going by the price of when it launched years ago.... Do you honestly think it's fair to charge a full on $60 for a console port years after it launched? (8 years ago to be exact).

I like how you do this now of all times,e specially after me pointing out to you in the first place.

How about the price that it launched this year on the PS4? $30.

Lawlight said:

And yet we're talking about the PC version that never got a re-release and was sold for what Sega gave out for 19.99. You know well enough that Sega set that price and the information you found as well as me reminding you that PC never got a re-release.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Lawlight said:

And yet we're talking about the PC version that never got a re-release and was sold for what Sega gave out for 19.99. You know well enough that Sega set that price and the information you found as well as me reminding you that PC never got a re-release.

Sega released the game on PC in 2014 for $20 and then releases the game (same version as the PC one) on the PS4 for $30. The PS4 also never got a re-release. I think this will come to PC when Sega has deemed that it's maxed the sale potential at $60.

Lawlight said:

Sega released the game on PC in 2014 for $20 and then releases the game (same version as the PC one) on the PS4 for $30. The PS4 also never got a re-release. I think this will come to PC when Sega has deemed that it's maxed the sale potential at $60.

Again, do you honestly think after 8 years, that PC would be paying 60 dollars for a console port?.

Do you?.

You keep using "yeah well PS4 paid 30", which is still off from the original price the game came out for back in 2008 anyway, so that's you making a big deal over 10 dollars in general in spite of the platform.

Chazore said:
Lawlight said:

Again, do you honestly think after 8 years, that PC would be paying 60 dollars for a console port?.

Do you?.

You keep using "yeah well PS4 paid 30", which is still off from the original price the game came out for back in 2008 anyway, so that's you making a big deal over 10 dollars in general in spite of the platform.

Ok, not $60 but $40 would have been a good price. And yet, Sega decided to sell it for $20.

We're going round and round here. The point remains that Sega probably has data that suggests that the new game will not sell well on PC at the price point of $60.

Lawlight said:

Ok, not $60 but $40 would have been a good price. And yet, Sega decided to sell it for $20.

We're going round and round here. The point remains that Sega probably has data that suggests that the new game will not sell well on PC at the price point of $60.

Not $60, but 40?, what?.

Sgea sold it as they wanted because they knew that the PC market has never had such a game and they didn't want to gimp them for $60, especially for a console port. Had it turned out wrong the high price point for an 8 year old console game would have blown up in their face.

We're only going round and round because you have this idea that PC players only buy games when they are mega cheap, rather than some that do so and even then, when we're talking about waiting or recieving deals, consoles get said deals as well and take up on them.

The new game isn't even out on PC yet, so we don't even know the price point at all. You aren't getting the general concept, that PC players never ever got this game before, then you lump in PS4 as if it's the same league, yet those who bought a PS4 have very much likely in droves, bought and owned a PS3 and will have played the game, if you go by PS3 VC sales.

Also Bamco sell their console ports at full price anyway. Look at Activision and their stance on pricing when it comes to PC. They haven't changed in yonks, despite the sales on and off PC.

At the end of the day, we have no data that shows they are looking at sales data of a game they deliberately priced for $20, on Steam and how they reacted to the very price they set for themselves.

Lawlight said:
Chazore said:

And I'm pretty certain it launched with a discount as well. I'm not sure how "PC gamers don't like to buy things at full price" is all that debatable.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.