By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Valkyria Revolution coming west for PS4, Xbox One, and PS Vita in Q2 2017

Aura7541 said:

think-man said:

Whys that surprising? Games are always delayed on pc. 

Well, VC sold 900K on Steam despite releasing long after the PS3 version. That is some dedication right there, so I thought PC gamers would be awarded with Revolution Day 1. Definitely makes more business sense than an XBO version...

The Vita version will make more business than the X1 version. What's your point?

For a PC release, I don't think Atlus has developed many ports on their own? Keep in mind that nearly every PC port of Japanese games are done by the localization company. They are never released in Japan at all.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
No thanks. This game is so far removed from what made the first one amazing that I don't even know why it's a Valkyria game.

except it doesn't have the name Chronicles in it so I don't know why you're complaining about the name.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:
pokoko said:
No thanks. This game is so far removed from what made the first one amazing that I don't even know why it's a Valkyria game.

except it doesn't have the name Chronicles in it so I don't know why you're complaining about the name.

Do you really think I care if they tack on Chronicles instead of Revolution?  What I care about is the fact that it's nothing like the previous games.  Instead of frail human soldiers who seek cover from bullets, we now have super-heroes.  It's a different kind of game entirely. 

Aura7541 said:
Rather odd that there's no Day 1 PC version considering how well Valkyria Chronicles sold on Steam...

They probably have data showing that very few people will buy the game at $60.

BasilZero said:
outlawauron said:

The Vita version will make more business than the X1 version. What's your point?

For a PC release, I don't think Atlus has developed many ports on their own? Keep in mind that nearly every PC port of Japanese games are done by the localization company. They are never released in Japan at all.

Atlus isnt developing this game.

It's being developed by their parent company. I only mentioned them because Atlus USA's PR team announced it. 

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Aura7541 said:
Rather odd that there's no Day 1 PC version considering how well Valkyria Chronicles sold on Steam...

Do you have concrete evidence to support your claim?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

BasilZero said:
outlawauron said:

It's being developed by their parent company. I only mentioned them because Atlus USA's PR team announced it. 

Developed by their parent company? I didnt know Media.Vision was their parent companyt :P

Atlus USA is a bish for SEGA now though ;)

Media.Vision isn't doing the localization.

And surely you would also know that it's being directed and produced by Sega employees, not Media.Vision employees. Lost Odyssey had more team members from feel.plus develop the game, but Mistwalker is credited because they were the creative leaders and directors of the project. It's the same here.

Chazore said:
Lawlight said:

Do you have concrete evidence to support your claim?.

No. That's why I said probably.

Lawlight said:

But probably is leaning more to certainty and yet you cannot back it up either way.

The game was sold at it's regular price on launch when it arrived on Steam anyway.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Lawlight said:

But probably is leaning more to certainty and yet you cannot back it up either way.

The game was sold at it's regular price on launch when it arrived on Steam anyway.

You're putting words in my mouth there.

Didn't know it was sold at $60 at launch on Steam (that was the original's price at release).