By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Star Wars Rogue One IGN Review

Soundwave said:
Slimebeast said:

I was waiting for this klind of clichéd response.

The cast is artificially chosen to appease to multiculturalism. It's an anti-Western and anti-White agenda. They are making a statement, not I.

There's a big difference between choosing the best people for the job and they happen to turn out non-white, which is completely fine, and directors actively engaging in tokenism and pushing an agenda. And the motivation for that agenda is to marginalize the white man because of envy.

White people are so fucking strong that the traitors among us desperately feel the need to artificially hold us back and try to restrict to our dominance.

That's what being "anti-" something means, they pull shit, you call them on it. It's not like we're just sitting in a vacuum going: "Someone get rid of those minorities or women!" It's a reaction to the creators in entertainment actively pushing this bullshit on us.

What are you strong at? What are you so special at? You think because of a skin hue you're exceptional at anything? lol. You are the one stuck in your prisim where you can only see the world through the basis of race. 

I imagine in reality you are probably a fairly mediocre person. 

Other people are getting a chance to do things because society is becoming more even and that bothers you because you likely aren't especially great at anything. 

lol I don't meant on an individual level. I mean the white race on the group level has been very successful.

I happen to be fairly successful (I make $105K per year as a medical doctor so at least I'm evidently fairly good at something), but that's got nothing to with the discussion or my motives at all.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
Slimebeast said:
The Force Awakens was amazing, so I should be excited for Rogue One, but this artifical cramming of minority actors into this movie is ridiculous.

God damn white guilt. Is there even one white man in the lead cast?

Why do we always have to be so altruistic and help? Let them show they are worthy by their own strength and talent.

But it's sadly not that innocent, that it's just about helping the disadvanteged. It's a statement. Hollywood is filled with Jewish liberals who are critical and envious of Western culture and values. So they feel the need to make a statement, trying to brainwash the audience with the dogma of multiculturalism.

LoL, I guess in the future, all othe races are destroyed and only the white male has survived.  I love it.  Someone should make a movie about it.

Isn't that "The Giver"?

Slimebeast said:
Soundwave said:

What are you strong at? What are you so special at? You think because of a skin hue you're exceptional at anything? lol. You are the one stuck in your prisim where you can only see the world through the basis of race. 

I imagine in reality you are probably a fairly mediocre person. 

Other people are getting a chance to do things because society is becoming more even and that bothers you because you likely aren't especially great at anything. 

lol I don't meant on an individual level. I mean the white race on the group level has been very successful.

I happen to be fairly successful (I make $105K per year as a medical doctor so at least I'm evidently fairly good at something), but that's got nothing to with the discussion or my motives at all.

I doubt you're a doctor, I doubt that very much. 

Do you view everything in the prisim of race? Is there any context where you just see people as .... uh ... people? 

Goodnightmoon said:
SvennoJ said:
The trailer they've been showing on tv didn't look very appealing to me, but I didn't like the new SW anyway. I'm not the target audience. I'm a lot more interested in Passengers, good trailer. I'll watch SW on Netflix eventually, didn't have to wait long for the first one.

I dunno but Passengers has barely a 40 on meta... not very promising start.

Yeah I reconsidered after checking it on imdb. Star wars looks better than Katniss in space.

Soundwave said:
Slimebeast said:

Do you view everything in the prisim of race? Is there any context where you just see people as .... uh ... people? 

I finished med school almost 15 years ago and got my license 13 years ago (after the internship or whatever it's called). So in january 2017 I've worked exactly 15 years as a paid doctor. Why couldn't I be a doctor? Can't you tell I'm smart lol?

Your question is uncalled for. Of course I don't view everything in the prism of race. But the new Star Wars movie and its statement connects to the topic of race, so it's perfectly valid to discuss in this thread. And you must realize that how active we as forum members are in certain topics don't necessarily represent the fullness of our characters.

Just like you I'm bothered by things going on in society and interested in political topics.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
Soundwave said:

I finished med school almost 15 years ago and got my license 13 years ago (after the internship or whatever it's called). So in january 2017 I've worked exactly 15 years as a paid doctor.

Your question is uncalled for. Of course I don't view everything in the prism of race. But the new Star Wars movie and its statement connects to the topic of race, so it's perfectly valid to discuss in this thread. And you must realize that how active we as forum members are in certain topics don't necessarily represent the fullness of our characters.

Just like you I'm bothered by things going on in society and interested in political topics.

Given your post my question is not uncalled for. 

So you're a guy professing to be a doctor who is in his late 30s/40s posting on a video game forum? "After the internship of whatever it's called" ... lol? You don't know what it's called as a doctor? 

How is a Star Wars movie, films that have blue skinned and green skinned aliens, a paragon of race that you felt it badly needed to be brought up? 

Soundwave said:
Slimebeast said:

I finished med school almost 15 years ago and got my license 13 years ago (after the internship or whatever it's called). So in january 2017 I've worked exactly 15 years as a paid doctor.

So you're a guy professing to be a doctor who is in his late 30s/40s posting on a video game forum?

How is a Star Wars movie, films that have blue skinned and orange skinned aliens, a paragon of race that you felt it badly needed to be brought up? 

Every time I go to these forums I instinctively feel a bit ashamed and ask myself if I as a doctor really should post on a forum about video games. But this is what I am. I love video games and I've come to know this forum very well and it's just as good a place to discuss serious topics as any other place.

Don't you listen to what people say? I don't have a problem with minority actors per se, especially not in a sci-fi movie, depicting a future when mankind inevitably has become racially mixed up and become completely multicultural (but if it was a historical movie about vikings, the ancient Nubians or the ancient Chinese I would want it to be racially and culturally genuine and authentic)

But there is no doubt that the cast is chosen because of an agenda. And that's my problem. I don't like being brainwashed or preached to about this topic. I don't like that some interests use media as a tool to change society in a direction I hate (because mass immigration and the destruction of traditional Western culture is part of it). I don't like that some interests are working behind the scenes to activively hold back one race in favor of others.

Slimebeast said:
Soundwave said:

So you're a guy professing to be a doctor who is in his late 30s/40s posting on a video game forum?

How is a Star Wars movie, films that have blue skinned and orange skinned aliens, a paragon of race that you felt it badly needed to be brought up? 

Every time I go to these forums I instinctively feel a bit ashamed and ask myself if I as a doctor really should post on a forum about video games. But this is what I am. I love video games and I've come to know this forum very well and it's just as good a place to discuss serious topics as any other place.

Don't you listen to what people say? I don't have a problem with minority actors per se, especially not in a sci-fi movie, depicting a future when mankind inevitably has become racially mixed up and become completely multicultural (but if it was a historical movie about vikings, the ancient Nubians or the ancient Chinese I would want it to be racially and culturally genuine and authentic)

But there is no doubt that the cast is chosen because of an agenda. And that's my problem. I don't like being brainwashed or preached to about this topic. I don't like that some interests use media as a tool to change society in a direction I hate (because mass immigration and the destruction of traditional Western culture is part of it). I don't like that some interests are working behind the scenes to activively hold back one race in favor of others.

Well I would venture a guess and say there's no reason for you to feel shame as I doubt you are a doctor in the first place. Pro-tip: using phrasing like: "I did the internship or whatever" is kind of a tip off that's you're not a medical genius. 

So when it is OK for a non-white person to be in Star Wars in your opinion? Only as a secondary character? And we can't have more than one of them too, right? People of minority are only allowed to be in films about their specific culture? Why is that? Because they should know their place?

Did it ever occur to you that a growing number of the audience for these films aren't white people? You understand that China is a large driver for the box office right? You understand that Latinos are the making up more and more of domestic box office right? 

manuel said:
Made my reservation on Tuesday. Got the center seat at the local IMAX. Can't wait for Friday!

already saw it. Damn impressed. There are two CGIs to look for.

Soundwave said:
Slimebeast said:

Well I would venture a guess and say there's no reason for you to feel shame as I doubt you are a doctor in the first place. Pro-tip: using phrasing like: "I did the internship or whatever" is kind of a tip off that's you're not a medical genius. 

So when it is OK for a non-white person to be in Star Wars in your opinion? Only as a secondary character? And we can't have more than one of them too, right? People of minority are only allowed to be in films about their specific culture? Why is that? Because they should know their place?

Did it ever occur to you that a growing number of the audience for these films aren't white people? You understand that China is a large driver for the box office right? You understand that Latinos are the making up more and more of domestic box office right? 

Knowing about the US system of training doctors isn't obligatory here in Sweden. I can't help that I don't know what "AT-tjänstgöring" is called in the US. I have vaguely heard about a term called "intern" or "internship" so I assumed that was it (from foreign med students who were visiting us in the Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm).

You are manipulative. Why do you ask it like that, "when is it OK for a non-white person to be in SW"? As if I am against minorities in a cast. That's manipulation and unecessary rethorics. Not cool.

Im protesting against the fact that the cast is chosen due to a deliberate agenda, evident from the fact that the whole lead cast is non-white male. Only the bad guys are white male.

Nobody can be so stupid that they don't see this trend in Hollywood.

If the cast was chosen to reflect the composition of the increasing Chinese market or the global movie audience, that would have been a different discussion. I still wouldn't like it, but that's not the main driver here, I assure you.