By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Star Wars Rogue One IGN Review

The first reviews of TFA were also very positive. The dull reality was revealed to me when i watched and analysed it.

It's really sad how Hollywood can produce big bidget trash and people gobble it up like an Ethiopian a Thanksgiving feast.

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network
Zoombael said:
The first reviews of TFA were also very positive. The dull reality was revealed to me when i watched and analysed it.

It's really sad how Hollywood can produce big bidget trash and people gobble it up like an Ethiopian a Thanksgiving feast.

TFA is a decent film, but yes it is formulaic and unambitious in its design (partially on purpose). 

It is far better than the prequels though, the prequels just don't have a basic grasp of storytelling or writing or acting to begin with. 

TFA is like a properly built house that is maybe a little bit bland on the inside. 

The prequels are like a house built on woefully uneven foundation, that has problems with basic things like plumbing and heat distribution even if the floor plan is more ambitious in many ways. 

I'd rather live in the blander house. 

Star wars VII had good critics because Star Wars VII deserved mostly good critics, especially after the atrocious "modern" trilogy.

d21lewis said:
Machiavellian said:

LoL, I guess in the future, all othe races are destroyed and only the white male has survived.  I love it.  Someone should make a movie about it.

Isn't that "The Giver"?

Hmm, haven't watch that movie but I guess I will check it out.  

Slimebeast said:
naruball said:

Actually Soundwave is absolutely right. There was no reason for that comment of yours and your assumptions that there is an agenda here only shows your bias. It's really sad. As if the existence of a Black or gay person needs to make perfect sense or else it's an agenda. Give me a break.

Stop being ridiculous.

I presented my argument in a very detailed and sophisticated way. I have proved my case.

Look at the promo pics for SW: Rogue one. Out of 7 or so lead characters, there's 0 white male. But the 8th guy is a white man, just happens to be the evil character. That's not an accident. It's an agenda.

If it is then it's genuis.  Nothing like having all the other races look at the white male as evil including the white woman.  I really was only mildy interested in Rogue One but now you have given me something else to look for metaphorcally while I watch the movie.  Thanks, this may prove more entertaining then I thought.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Slimebeast said:
The Force Awakens was amazing, so I should be excited for Rogue One, but this artifical cramming of minority actors into this movie is ridiculous.

God damn white guilt. Is there even one white man in the lead cast?

Why do we always have to be so altruistic and help? Let them show they are worthy by their own strength and talent.

But it's sadly not that innocent, that it's just about helping the disadvanteged. It's a statement. Hollywood is filled with Jewish liberals who are critical and envious of Western culture and values. So they feel the need to make a statement, trying to brainwash the audience with the dogma of multiculturalism.

Jeeezus, you need to get over yourself. Why should every movie be made to appease your politcal tastes, and quite frankly from the sounds of it racism (yeah I'm gonna call it what it is). 

Here's a novel idea, maybe the fact that China is becoming one of the largest markets for Hollywood movies, maybe the fact that in even in America the no.1 ethnic group that goes to watch movies at the theater is actually Hispanics. And still 90%+ of movies out of Hollywood are still mainly a white cast. So I would say to that, if anything Hollywood is still badly underrepresented relative to their current audience. 

And who are "we" exactly? Which movies have you ever written? I doubt very much you have any talent to do so and no one would want to watch anything you've made for longer than 2 minutes. 

People of other ethnicities do exist. That's not even "multiculturalism" that's just a basic fact of life, I'm sorry that seeing someone on screen of a different skin tone pains you so. Do you expect every film to also have actors that only have your hair color too? How about freckles? Are they allowed to have freckles if you don't? Do they need to be the exact same/similar height? Or can colored people be on screen, but they just can't have anyhting to say or there can only be a token one per picture? What fucking century are you living in? 

Right leaning white person checking in. I think slimebeast made some revealing statements about himself. Those statements imply a bias toward minorities and some very overt anti-Semitic beliefs. You also appear to imply that non-whites have to prove their worth to be cast in a role. Why? If they can act then I don't see an issue. If the production specifically excluded whites I could agree, but we don't know that. I do agree the writers are possibly painting white people as evil considering the current environment and some of the crew tweets. I just know better so I don't care. The Empire was always a supremacist organization in my eyes anyways. Look at how the prison officer regarded Chewbacca and the old EU had a lot of material that reflected that. 

Machiavellian said:
Slimebeast said:

Stop being ridiculous.

I presented my argument in a very detailed and sophisticated way. I have proved my case.

Look at the promo pics for SW: Rogue one. Out of 7 or so lead characters, there's 0 white male. But the 8th guy is a white man, just happens to be the evil character. That's not an accident. It's an agenda.

If it is then it's genuis.  Nothing like having all the other races look at the white male as evil including the white woman.  I really was only mildy interested in Rogue One but now you have given me something else to look for metaphorcally while I watch the movie.  Thanks, this may prove more entertaining then I thought.

The X-Men movies have more blue skinned people than people of any other visible minority, lol

Is this an agenda too? 

Slimebeast said:
naruball said:

Actually Soundwave is absolutely right. There was no reason for that comment of yours and your assumptions that there is an agenda here only shows your bias. It's really sad. As if the existence of a Black or gay person needs to make perfect sense or else it's an agenda. Give me a break.

Stop being ridiculous.

First of all. Do you have any idea how ridiculous this sounds? What you're saying is that according to you, you're right!!! Well, I'll be damned. And here was I thinking you thought you were wrong and were just typing those things for the lolz. Of course you think you're right. Everyone thinks they're right. How about you let others judge how good your argument is, since you're the most biased person in this case and the last person to judge how good the argument is.

Yes, and there have been countless posters with several white characters, yet no Black one! AGENDA!!! Am I right or am I right? Same with Asians. There are x number of Asians living in America yet only x % in movies and x% on posters. Clear agenda against them. Remember when you complained about it? No? Weird.

GameAnalyser said:
manuel said:
Made my reservation on Tuesday. Got the center seat at the local IMAX. Can't wait for Friday!

already saw it. Damn impressed. There are two CGIs to look for.

Can't wait!!

11 more hours!

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Going to watch this Saturday with 5 friends