By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Poll: Is the Nintendo SWITCH already doomed?

Is the Nintendo SWITCH already doomed?

Yes....its too slow and w... 49 27.68%

No...its merging mobile and console. 111 62.71%

I don't Care what the Ja... 17 9.60%

Total:177
Goodnightmoon said:
Why are you inventing the price?

And no, I think is very far from doomed, which doesn't mean is gonna be a Wii success, there is life between both cases you know?

Wii U came out at 300 bucks and has stayed there..until its demise.  People were demanding they lower the price but they never did.

I would be shocked if they made a better system with mobile and a docking station...for less then 300...in fact I have a feeling they are gonna sell it bundled with a game for $349.99. 

Around the Network

I doubt that...

First we dont even know if its going ti be $350. Dont know where you got that info from. And secondly its not a home console imor a mobile console. Personally I think it's more a mobile console than a home console but that's just me, the Nintendo fans (whatever is left of the 15M that bought a wiiU home console) and the people that buy things like a 3ds will lap it up.

I expect it to do no less than 50M in its lifetime. And that's by no means a failure.

I think it will sell more for its mobile prowess than its home console features. And if they can come in at $250, then they will be off to a great start.

squibbfire said:

Wii U came out at 300 bucks and has stayed there..until its demise.  People were demanding they lower the price but they never did.

I would be shocked if they made a better system with mobile and a docking station...for less then 300...in fact I have a feeling they are gonna sell it bundled with a game for $349.99. 

It's releasing 4 and a half years later, technology gets cheaper. $299 should be the maximum launch price.

squibbfire said:

do you think it will sell more then wiiU?

Within the first 21 months.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Slade6alpha said:
Doomed by the hater potaters

hahah POTATOES!

Around the Network

Isn't it gonna cost 250$?

OT: I think it will sell more than the Wii U for sure, but less than the 3DS. So, no, not doomed.

Intrinsic said:
I doubt that...

First we dont even know if its going ti be $350. Dont know where you got that info from. And secondly its not a home console imor a mobile console. Personally I think it's more a mobile console than a home console but that's just me, the Nintendo fans (whatever is left of the 15M that bought a wiiU home console) and the people that buy things like a 3ds will lap it up.

I expect it to do no less than 50M in its lifetime. And that's by no means a failure.

I think it will sell more for its mobile prowess than its home console features. And if they can come in at $250, then they will be off to a great start.

So you are saying this is gonna replaced the DS?

I've heard tons of people state that the Wii switch will be a smaller version of last gen(ps3,360) in a handheld.
If this was the next version of the DS yes sounds like a good deal..but...its supposed to be another console...along with the ds?......

squibbfire said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Why are you inventing the price?

And no, I think is very far from doomed, which doesn't mean is gonna be a Wii success, there is life between both cases you know?

WiiU had a very expensive Gamepad that costs like 80$ or so to produce from what I read, also I think they produced a 10m wave of consoles at the beggining and they needed many years to sell them, they couldn't lower the price without losing money even if the technology was cheaper with time, not sure why they didn't lowered it after that but they have said several times that they believe price was one of the biggest mistakes and they were going for a cheap one this time, also rumours talk about 250$ and that would make sense.

$350?

You can pre-order in UK £200 that's only $253.
https://www.gameseek.co.uk/nintendo-switch

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!