By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware estimates in the OP!

SWORDF1SH said:
So the hardware revenue decline doesn't match the 'rumoured' numbers. I think that confirms they are fake

Ps4 Pro was 400$$.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
jason1637 said:
Hardware is down 35% Software 18%. PC software 28% down.

They didn't say that hardware was down 35%, they said that spending was down 35%, which if the average cost of a console is cheaper than last year will mean that the drop is lower than that.

Or higher given the PS4 Pro launch. I guess we'll have to wait.

poklane said:
SWORDF1SH said:
So the hardware revenue decline doesn't match the 'rumoured' numbers. I think that confirms they are fake

You did the math? I'd be interested to see the numbers

If consoles sold for the same price as last year, a 35% drop is would equal about 2.3M consoles. But we know the consoles sold for less so the 35% drop in revenue and consoles selling for cheaper would mean that more than 2.3M consoles were sold.

Sorry if that doesn't make sense, I'm crap at explaining.

Edit - apparently it includes handhelds and they are up  YoY so I'm still non the wiser 

Player2 said:
VGPolyglot said:

They didn't say that hardware was down 35%, they said that spending was down 35%, which if the average cost of a console is cheaper than last year will mean that the drop is lower than that.

Or higher given the PS4 Pro launch. I guess we'll have to wait.

It says right in what was mentioned that it was mainly due to cheaper prices for the PS4 and XBO.

SWORDF1SH said:
poklane said:

You did the math? I'd be interested to see the numbers

If consoles sold for the same price as last year, a 35% drop is would equal about 2.3M consoles. But we know the consoles sold for less so the 35% drop in revenue and consoles selling for cheaper would mean that more than 2.3M consoles were sold.

But we have Pro in the number though.

Around the Network

Doing the math using WC numbers and 556k for 3ds i got about 600million generated in revenue. The article says 723 million for revenue. Also my math isnt very accurate because i used $250 for PS4 and XB1 while PS4 Pro sold for $400 and some xbox bundles were $300 or $350. Also 3ds was $150-200 during the start of the month. I still think they are down considering i got such a close number without taking into account higher priced skus.

iNathan said:
SWORDF1SH said:

As I said to someone else, it says that a large reason for the revenue drop was because of lower prices for the PS4 and XBO.

More from the article. Wow.

Originally Posted by Venturebeat
�Nintendo 3DS experienced its highest monthly physical software spending in the history of the platform,� said Naji. �They were 1 percent higher than the previous high in December 2014

Neogaf is saying Sun and Moon sold around 2.7m

iNathan said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Yeah I understand that but the Slim would of sold the bulk of Playstations which was being sold for less than last year. If the Pro did sell a lot to offset the data dramatically, then Sony should of been up massively going into Black Friday which they also won. 

But the 3DS is up by loads so again that's another factor to make working out difficult. It would take a bit more working out but it can be done to find out if the rumoured figures are somewhere near correct. I can't work that out on my phone. Hopefully somebody on Gaf has a go.