By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware estimates in the OP!

VGPolyglot said:
Player2 said:

Or higher given the PS4 Pro launch. I guess we'll have to wait.

It says right in what was mentioned that it was mainly due to cheaper prices for the PS4 and XBO.

The article says that, not NPD. Articles from other sites don't mention it.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Neogaf is saying Sun and Moon sold around 2.7m

Battlefield 1 over 1.35m (with digital sales) in its second month would be kind of crazy. But possible I guess.

Not exactly what I wanted from 3ds ( maybe because I was misled ) but not bad, 60% yoy up! ( I was expecting a 100% )

They shipped/sold 196k NES classic units in the USA, only 96k more than in France alone? Unfathomable! 
That's absurd, move Nintendo, produce and ship more to the biggest core video game market of the world and your own biggest market too...

They produced more for Japan and Europe? 0_0 ...

tak13 said:
Not exactly what I wanted from 3ds ( maybe because I was misled ) but not bad, 60% yoy up! ( I was expecting a 100% )

They shipped/sold 196k NES classic units in the USA, only 96k more than in France alone? Unfathomable! 
That's absurd move Nintendo, produce and ship more to the biggest core video game market of the world and your own biggest market too...

Switch is gonna kill it next year don´t worry :D

Player2 said:
VGPolyglot said:

It says right in what was mentioned that it was mainly due to cheaper prices for the PS4 and XBO.

The article says that, not NPD. Articles from other sites don't mention it.

It's also the article that mentions the 35% drop in revenue, if we're counting one thing they said, why wouldn't we count the other?

Around the Network
jason1637 said:

Oh! 200k more than Black and white...

Very goood! I hope that it will outsell them overall in the end too.. 5m+ in the USA!

Yikes

Boutros said:
jason1637 said:

Battlefield 1 over 1.35m (with digital sales) in its second month would be kind of crazy. But possible I guess.

With discounts and the month being nov (not to mention it eating up its competitors like tf2/cod) i can see it being over that easily.

Also sun/moon dont include digital while others does? Pretty good (if thats the case) for pokemon being numero uno!

iNathan said:
tak13 said:

That's absurd move Nintendo, produce and ship more to the biggest core video game market of the world and your own biggest market too...

Switch is gonna kill it next year don´t worry :D

Don't worry, I'm not worrying... hahah

I had higher expectations than thοse I  should normally have.  Usually  this a huge mistake for obvious reasons!

3DS being 60% yoy up in its 6th november, is anywise impressive!

Pokemon go+ Pokemon sun and moon did their job, I simply wanted to see doubling, 700k instead of 556k, albeit the discrepancy isn't so big...

Also, I'm somewhat vexed with Nintendo  thatreally didn't shipped as much as 99$ new 3ds units  they had to.