By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The best thing about PC gaming is not 200 fps or 4k or mods or bc but

The best part of PC gaming is, ironically, console emulators.

Around the Network

Best part Alt+Tab.
It's also the worst part, too many distractions.

HollyGamer said:
Zkuq said:

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Are you saying half a game is loaded from the HDD and the other half from the disc? And how does installing (like on PC) make it slower? As for compression, it has two sides. On the other hand, it's faster to read from where it's stored, but on the other hand it must be decompressed, which takes CPU time. And most laptops aren't gaming laptops, so you can pretty much ignore them, so that laptop remark isn't very useful. Most gaming PCs are desktops anyway, I think.

it doesn't matter if people playing games on laptop or desktop, as long as the PC able to run the games. And yes the principal of console is almost the same with Laptop, which durability, cheap result, and portability. 

And yes PS4 have abilty to directly stream (actually all console that use HDD) from the Disc to the cpu without instaled , altho most of the games are instaled half of the code and decompresed and run on both (HDD and Disc drive), u can check on Wikipedia.

And also i am not saying consoles is faster then PC or even match the speed of PC , i am saying PC dont have fast loading as well, it depend on how the configuration of the HDD, and yes even 7200 RPM is not that much diffrent from 5200 rpm, it's louder, hotter and consules more power for consoles. The diffrent is hard to tell.

And also what the important thing is not the rpm spedd but the badnwidth , why PS4 and Xbox One is slow and useless if it using SSD because both still using SATA 2 connection (except for the Pro ). And most PC are using SATA 3 for the new mobo 

Of course it matters, otherwise you could just dismiss the whole discussion because most PCs are different. Most serious PC gaming probably happens on desktops, so it's natural to use desktops' typical speeds for comparison. For the games a typical laptop can run, loading speeds probably aren't an issue at all (because they pretty much can't be AAA-level). But if you're gaming on a laptop, sure, it's a bit slower than on an otherwise similar desktop.

I'm not saying PS4 can't read the data directly from discs, I just just asking for clarification because I wasn't sure I understood what you were saying. Actually I'm still having trouble understanding some parts. :P

Its free online and cheap digital games.

Some of my longest loading times ever were experienced on PC..
usually worth it though..

Around the Network

how fast is the loading speed for bloodborne? 

Platform exclusives - RTS, MOBA etc games.

As someone who's been gaming on PC since '89 (and hated it...all praise Amiga) and owned PC since '95 (temptations were just too much) - for me it was always about genres, even before PC with C64 and Amiga. Sure mods are great, upgrade options are great, but genres are something that kept me preferring computers for over 35 years.

torok said:
maxleresistant said:

nope, loading times are short with or without SSDs, actually the difference is so minimal that it is not recommended to install your games on an SSD.

100% Agree. I'm always pissed when some site recommends a build and just slaps a 512 GB SSD there instead of an HDD. Games nowadays have 50 GB, you really have to spend a small fortune to get enough storage with SSDs, unless you're happy with just 5 games on your PC and constant unninstalls/reinstalls.

The best is to put your OS and softwares, apps on a SSD. 128 is enough, but 256 is good too.
Everything else on an HDD, games etc. But I think you already know that

Putting everything on an SSD is stupid.

HokageTenshi said:

how fast is the loading speed for bloodborne? 

=P

OT:

For me it's:

Plus mods and sales.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"