By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan : FF XV is the worst FF debut ever on PlayStation Consoles

Pavolink said:
It seems Splatoon will remain as the highest homeconsole game in sales this gen.

Oh wow! What a shocker! And its on the Wii U!  It looks like Japan wants some new stuff. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Yakuza 6 hasnt even released

Zero sales, then. Sounds like a flop to me!

Haha. "Never missed an opening for a joke since 2008! No matter how small and norrow that opening is", Badgenome.

LurkerJ said:

Haha. "Never missed an opening for a joke since 2008! No matter how small and norrow that opening is", Badgenome.

That's me!

I wonder if the non-turn based gameplay hurt this?

badgenome said:
LurkerJ said:

That's me!

Don't leave us!

OT:

In terms of sales, it's actually closer to FF13-2 than it is to FF13

First week sales of some FF sequels:

Final Fantasy X-2: 1,561,553

Final Fantasy XIII-2: 524,000

Around the Network

not surprise since it doesn't play like traditional japanese FF series anymore, which is why i did not buy it too...

this game sales should compare to FFXI and FFXIV since they are more similarly than traditional FF series...

I'll be curious if Dragon Quest XI struggles as well.

Check out FFVIII at the top as it should be.

Could very well be just people waiting to see whether the game is worth getting. Many were disappointed by XIII and might not be willing to get the game at launch because of that. It's going to be interesting to see how word of mouth and reviews affect the sales. 2nd week should be a very good indicator.

Not enough waifus.
#BringBackLightning