By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Final Fantasy 15 PS4 sales stomp all over the Xbox One version

Nautilus said:
I actually expected the share to be even less on XOne.But yeah, the fact that FF XV would sell way better on PS4 was expected.

The gap will actually get bigger once we have WW sales numbers. The sales gap between the Xbox One and PS4 is actually fairly close in the UK compared to the rest of Europe and especially Japan.

The sales gap between the PS4 and Xbox One versions of FFXV is going to end up well over 4:1.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
Intrinsic said:

Meh, XB1 gamers buy more of their games digitally and sony games only buy physical games. If we had digital numbers it would be a totally different story.

I can't tell if you are being serious, or sarcastic.

I'm currently assuming sarcastic.

Also much higher than I expected. I was thinking more like 1 out 8, or 10.

Well, a lot of xbox gamers seem to suggest that xbox gamers buy more digitally and that is why physivsl sales have dropped. So are you calling them liars? I choose to believe that these upstanding members of our community wouldn't resort to such lows, so I'm gonna take their word for face value. 

Which in turn means that these numbers don't really mean anything. If we looked at the digital sales Xbox probably destroyed PS4 sales. 

On another note, I think the whole preloading thing was an ingenious idea. Allowing people download the game 2-3 days before it's release date creates this strange sense of getting a game before it's released and being able to play it before anyone can go to a store and come back home. technically, if you hsve to wait for a store to open before you can buy it, preloading kinda means you get the game hours earlier than anyone else. 

Its final fantasy... why would it well well on the xbox anyway?

We all knew that would happen! JRPG is a niche market on Xbox. They actually sold more than I thought they would.

This is no surprise. The playerbase for Final Fantasy and rpg is on Playstation.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

To be expected and I actually kind of expected worse.

Although SE should probably stop releasing so many FF games as Playstation exclusive if they really want to expand the franchise on the Xbox Platform. If not I kinda want to them to go playstation exclusive (maybe timed) and make the absolute most of the playstation hardware.

Final fantasy sells better on PS4 than Xone, gee who would have tought that.

(Except almost everyone on this planet, which is bored enough to ask him or herself that question)

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Nautilus said:
I actually expected the share to be even less on XOne.But yeah, the fact that FF XV would sell way better on PS4 was expected.

That is from the UK, where the Xbox One has  a closer installbase number. Wolrdwide will be even worse for the Xbox.

I'm surprised that they still ported this game to Xbox in first place

teigaga said:

To be expected and I actually kind of expected worse.

Although SE should probably stop releasing so many FF games as Playstation exclusive if they really want to expand the franchise on the Xbox Platform. If not I kinda want to them to go playstation exclusive (maybe timed) and make the absolute most of the playstation hardware.

I think that Final Fantasy has more chances of success on PC and Nintendo consoles than on the Xbox.