By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSX, an example on why Sony is winning this generation

Egelo said:
Nautilus said:

Since when being realistic is saying that something will fail certainly when this something hasnt even been fully revealed?

Its not a matter of third party support on Nintendo selling more than in the other consoles.Its a matter of companies getting a profit out of the ports in the Switch.If that happens, and the effort seems like it will bear fruits, then companies will port.A developer wont say no to cashing in an extra few millions.And if they feel like that is possible on the Switch, they will do it.Take Dark Souls 3.Using Vgchartz numbers only, and not taking digital sales into consideration, DS 3 did .037 on XOne, while the PS4 version outsold it massively, standing at 1.60 million.So why does the XOne version exist?Simply because From Software(Or Bandai Namco in this case), is getting money out of it, and at the same time it makes people happy that it is available in more places.

It wont be different for the Switch.Now wether it outsells the PS4 or not, its a whole different discussion.But in my book, the Switch is a 9 gen console, so it dosent matter that much, as long as the console itself is successful.

Becasue its already failing by not getting all the games, its already lacking power to run what they other two will be running.    

You are repeating the same rethetic that the nintendo hopefull said about wiiu.  Using the exact same arguemnts.   And still you are using xbox to defend nintendos console chances why ? why not use the wiiu.  Well we both know why.  

What ever gen its quality is that of or less then the PS4/X1, so its directly competing with them.  It will lose that battle.  If GC/U numbers are succesfull then yes it may just be successfull.

I am repeating because not only you dont seem to understand the point Im trying to make, but you dont even answer with a real argument and just says:"Look at Wii U?See any third party?Yeah, there is your answer for why Switch wont have gamez!"

I am making the comparison with the XBox because you say that the other counter parts will simply have the better versions and thus third party games on the Switch wont sell well.The PS4 usually have the better version, either due to the graphics being abit better, or more stable framerate, and yet the XBox version also sells well.Why?Because in the end, the difference isnt big and people have preferences on consoles and prefer to buy on their console of choice, even if their versions arent the exactly the best one.

The same can happen to the Switch.Developers dont give a flying fuck if its Nintendo and the stereotype that "third parties dont sell on Nintendo".Assuming the Switch is capable of handling their games, and the company sees potential in it, they will port to it, especially since Nintendo seems to be pro active on bringing devs on board.The Wii U failed because Nintendo failed with it, both in its design and treatment with third party.If Nintendo makes the right moves, they can and will get people to port or make games for the NS.

To be quite honest, whoever thinks that the Switch will do Wii U numbers or remotely close to it, are simply delusional.By combining their handheld and home console, they are expanding their audience for that system by a large number.People seriously need to stop with the Nintendo is Doomed thought all the time without any evidence.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Nautilus said:

I am repeating because not only you dont seem to understand the point Im trying to make, but you dont even answer with a real argument and just says:"Look at Wii U?See any third party?Yeah, there is your answer for why Switch wont have gamez!"

I am making the comparison with the XBox because you say that the other counter parts will simply have the better versions and thus third party games on the Switch wont sell well.The PS4 usually have the better version, either due to the graphics being abit better, or more stable framerate, and yet the XBox version also sells well.Why?Because in the end, the difference isnt big and people have preferences on consoles and prefer to buy on their console of choice, even if their versions arent the exactly the best one.

The same can happen to the Switch.Developers dont give a flying fuck if its Nintendo and the stereotype that "third parties dont sell on Nintendo".Assuming the Switch is capable of handling their games, and the company sees potential in it, they will port to it, especially since Nintendo seems to be pro active on bringing devs on board.The Wii U failed because Nintendo failed with it, both in its design and treatment with third party.If Nintendo makes the right moves, they can and will get people to port or make games for the NS.

To be quite honest, whoever thinks that the Switch will do Wii U numbers or remotely close to it, are simply delusional.By combining their handheld and home console, they are expanding their audience for that system by a large number.People seriously need to stop with the Nintendo is Doomed thought all the time without any evidence.

You are way emotional about this.

Not a sterotype just a well known fact, especially on a sales site.   Nintendo fans tend to be phobic of non nintendo games, and as previous gens show 3rd party sales on their consoles are pathetic and weak at best most times.  

You are using the xbox becasue 3rd party games barely exist on nintendo consoles for you to gather any factual evidence to support your hopes and dreams about the switch.  

X1 gets most games casue the PS4/X1/PC spread hits the largest combined user base in legit gaming and its easy to port between them.   Its why they quickly abandoned the wiiu and will quickly once sales fail abandon the Switch.  

And the 3rd aprty sales will fail as Switch will be facing 50m +PS4s and 30m+X1s in wild.  Two huge user bases that have been conditioned since day one to buy 3rd paty games, contrary to the ninty fans.   This is why Swich is screwd when talking 3rd party sales.  We all know Mario Zelda and Pokemon will get great sales, while the 3rd partys fail miserbly and bail.  

I never said they are doomed you did, thats you emotions kicking in seems you fear that.  But there is more evidence to support that theory then there is support your it could beat the PS4 lol.  You want evidence of nintendo doom look no futher then WiiU sales.  

Egelo said:

Games games games games for all.

Its why the kick ass and shame the competition.

Nautilus said:

and the seemingly great first year that the Switch will have, based on the latest rumours.But that dosent change the simple truth:The truth that Sony has simple nailed this generation so far

I can guarantee it wont, and you just explained exactly why.

after the wiiu i havent a shread of trust towards them.

So you can't trust a company after doing bad once?

Kind of unfair when you realize that Sony flopped horribly with the Vita. At least both devices contain great games. 

I'd only lose trust in a company if they release something as bad as the Virtual boy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

hershel_layton said:
Egelo said:

Games games games games for all.

Its why the kick ass and shame the competition.

I can guarantee it wont, and you just explained exactly why.

after the wiiu i havent a shread of trust towards them.

So you can't trust a company after doing bad once?

Kind of unfair when you realize that Sony flopped horribly with the Vita. At least both devices contain great games. 

I'd only lose trust in a company if they release something as bad as the Virtual boy

once lol

As a console gamer ninti has faied me multiple times.  N64 should have smoked the psx.  GC was better then Nintendo managed with it and wii was a after though to me.  wiiu was the last straw.  

Winning 3 out of the last 4 generation isn't a coincidence specially when your worst selling console manage to sell 85m. playstation consoles are just a world wide consoles. It can sell good almost everywhere.

Around the Network

Sony have got everything nailed down at the moment. I cannot see them losing their stranglehold on the industry either. Nintendo or Microsoft would have to come up with something special to get on top, or Sony would have to have a monumental fuck up of sorts.

Egelo said:
Nautilus said:

You are way emotional about this.

Not a sterotype just a well known fact, especially on a sales site.   Nintendo fans tend to be phobic of non nintendo games, and as previous gens show 3rd party sales on their consoles are pathetic and weak at best most times.  

You are using the xbox becasue 3rd party games barely exist on nintendo consoles for you to gather any factual evidence to support your hopes and dreams about the switch.  

X1 gets most games casue the PS4/X1/PC spread hits the largest combined user base in legit gaming and its easy to port between them.   Its why they quickly abandoned the wiiu and will quickly once sales fail abandon the Switch.  

And the 3rd aprty sales will fail as Switch will be facing 50m +PS4s and 30m+X1s in wild.  Two huge user bases that have been conditioned since day one to buy 3rd paty games, contrary to the ninty fans.   This is why Swich is screwd when talking 3rd party sales.  We all know Mario Zelda and Pokemon will get great sales, while the 3rd partys fail miserbly and bail.  

I never said they are doomed you did, thats you emotions kicking in seems you fear that.  But there is more evidence to support that theory then there is support your it could beat the PS4 lol.  You want evidence of nintendo doom look no futher then WiiU sales.  

"legit gaming" How cute.

Im not emotional or anything.The word you are looking for is frustrated at how narrow minded you are.Your whole basis spins around the concept that Nintendo has no chance of improving unless they do something out of the box like the Wii(And I guess that back in GC days people said the same thing, but without that "only if Nintendo does something like the Wii" argument, that they would just keep declining in sales).The real funny thing is that you dont even accept the chance that Nintendo may have got things right and the Switch may just be the console that will turn Nintendos fortune for the best.I am not saying to believe it, but dismissing the chance completely is simply wrong.

And lets not fool ourselfs:There has plenty of examples of that in the past, for all console manufacturers.The most recent one would be with the XOne.It started really badly, but now it found its pacing and managed to fix most of its problems.Sony was in an even worse position with the PS3.It started horribly, and while it did manage to make the PS3 in a commercially successful product in the end, it was a financial failure, a money blackhole.If the PS4 turned out to be the same(commercially succesful, but a financial failure), Sony as a company, coupled with the recent problems they had during the PS3 era, could have go bankrupt, since the pS4 was essential, or at the very least very important, for their recovery.

So yeah, until proven otherwise, Switch may get good third party support and yeah, they may sell well enough to keep supporting it.And rumours and declarations from companies so far seems to corroborate that.Yes, there is the standard Ubisoft PR, but there are the comments from companies like Bethesda that arent simply PR, because they never done that with Nintendo before.

Not to mention the reason that people that play on nintendo consoles dont usually buy third party games is because the version is far inferior than the other ones, and people simply buy the other versions.If developers take the time to make a dcent port, nintendo gamers will buy them.Indies sell very well on Nintendo platforms(and there is alot of variety), so why would be different for Nintendo?

Be less biased, please.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Nautilus said:

"legit gaming" How cute.

Im not emotional or anything.The word you are looking for is frustrated at how narrow minded you are.Your whole basis spins around the concept that Nintendo has no chance of improving unless they do something out of the box like the Wii(And I guess that back in GC days people said the same thing, but without that "only if Nintendo does something like the Wii" argument, that they would just keep declining in sales).The real funny thing is that you dont even accept the chance that Nintendo may have got things right and the Switch may just be the console that will turn Nintendos fortune for the best.I am not saying to believe it, but dismissing the chance completely is simply wrong.

And lets not fool ourselfs:There has plenty of examples of that in the past, for all console manufacturers.The most recent one would be with the XOne.It started really badly, but now it found its pacing and managed to fix most of its problems.Sony was in an even worse position with the PS3.It started horribly, and while it did manage to make the PS3 in a commercially successful product in the end, it was a financial failure, a money blackhole.If the PS4 turned out to be the same(commercially succesful, but a financial failure), Sony as a company, coupled with the recent problems they had during the PS3 era, could have go bankrupt, since the pS4 was essential, or at the very least very important, for their recovery.

So yeah, until proven otherwise, Switch may get good third party support and yeah, they may sell well enough to keep supporting it.And rumours and declarations from companies so far seems to corroborate that.Yes, there is the standard Ubisoft PR, but there are the comments from companies like Bethesda that arent simply PR, because they never done that with Nintendo before.

Not to mention the reason that people that play on nintendo consoles dont usually buy third party games is because the version is far inferior than the other ones, and people simply buy the other versions.If developers take the time to make a dcent port, nintendo gamers will buy them.Indies sell very well on Nintendo platforms(and there is alot of variety), so why would be different for Nintendo?

Be less biased, please.

But they did keep declining in sales, wii bucked the trend but wiiu wont even catch the GC, Since the NES its been a downward. 

you say bias, but here what i see.

After the failure of Wiiu, Nintendo is launching a console and only facing a PS4 and X1 are their best at +50m +30m.  Who have gotten are getting more powerfull versions and might/should be getting a price cut.  All things point to the Switch being weaker then the weakest sku from PS and Xbox and it may cost more then a PS4.. wow.  None are pleaging fullly equal support same as Ps4/X1.  Switch will miss game releases we know this as fact already.  We all know the 3rd party struggles on nintendo platforms.  Nothing remotly recent historically points to any likelyhood of good 3rd party sales especially upon launch time.  You said nin fans dont buy 3rdP casue inferior ports yet given the likely power disparity Switch games will not be equal to the PS/X versions and will be especially iferior to the Pro/Scorpio.

Indies might have sold yet others didint.  And this is where were at.  

Fell free to call be bias lol.  Im just cold and realistic.

Egelo said:
Nautilus said:

"legit gaming" How cute.

Be less biased, please.

But they did keep declining in sales, wii bucked the trend but wiiu wont even catch the GC, Since the NES its been a downward. 

you say bias, but here what i see.

After the failure of Wiiu, Nintendo is launching a console and only facing a PS4 and X1 are their best at +50m +30m.  Who have gotten are getting more powerfull versions and might/should be getting a price cut.  All things point to the Switch being weaker then the weakest sku from PS and Xbox and it may cost more then a PS4.. wow.  None are pleaging fullly equal support same as Ps4/X1.  Switch will miss game releases we know this as fact already.  We all know the 3rd party struggles on nintendo platforms.  Nothing remotly recent historically points to any likelyhood of good 3rd party sales especially upon launch time.  You said nin fans dont buy 3rdP casue inferior ports yet given the likely power disparity Switch games will not be equal to the PS/X versions and will be especially iferior to the Pro/Scorpio.

Indies might have sold yet others didint.  And this is where were at.  

Fell free to call be bias lol.  Im just cold and realistic.

My problem is not with you being analytical with this.While you got some points wrong, such as price(It is all indicating that the cheapest Switch SKU will be at the very least cheaper than the normal PS4, with a good chance of being 50 dollars cheaper), and that GC had decent third party support and their versions sold well(It was just that the PS2 versions sold better due to overwhelmingly higher installed base), Im not contesting the historical side of things, or that the likelyhood of third party staying the same on the Switch as it was on Wii U.

My problem with your posts is that you are clamoring as fact that the Switch will fail with 100% of certain, when that is simply and factually wrong.Companies learn from their mistakes and Nintendo is no different.They adapt and do ddifferent strategies.See the previous example I gave about the XOne and PS3.Or even look at Nintendo history to see another one.The jump from GC to Wii is another example of adapting tactics.They went to a different kind of market(The Wii was the complete oposite of what the GC was trying to do) and suceeded,All Im saying is that there is a chance that the Switch may be just that.I dont ask you to accep that as fact or anything.Just accept that as a chance, as something that might happen, even if it is remote.

Well put OP, well put. Absolutely agree with these sentiments and its the main reason I owned every PS platform that was released to date.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!