By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Xbox Rant - MS needs to step up their game

Valid rant 156 73.58%

Invalid rant 56 26.42%

Total:212
Vasto said:
Everything is not for everybody.

If you do not like a system then do not buy it.

Xbox used to have a diversity of groundbreaking games, anyway, It's not that I don't like the system or the games that's not my issue. The majority of those games are on PC and the only game that I can't play on PC is Halo. So, If they are going to treat windows like the xbox then they should release halo on PC, if they are not going to do that then they need more exclusive games for xbox, cause then as a windows user, if I buy the console the xbox would be a halo machine. Unlike Sony and Nintendo where the consoles feel like its own entity and I have the excuse to buy them because those games are not on PC.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Microsoft has never been good at making games. They've always paid outsiders to make their games for them or acquired franchises. Halo was purchased when they bought Bungie before it launched for Apple and the same Gears was purchased outright. Not only that but they hired a team composed of Sony and irattional games workers to make Gears 4 helmed by Rod Ferguson. MS making a key action-based exclusive all by themselves is a little much to ask. Theyve never done it after all of their time in the console business. It would be nice, but they dont take risk,because I feel they know they arent that creative.

I've had this issue with Microsoft for a long time and have expressed this for years. I dub this a valid rant. 

I am alittle confused. You say Microsoft doesnt have the creative power to deliver great games?

Yet Sony's best game dev was purchased *Naughty Dog* Nintendos best dev back in the 80s and 90s was purchased *Rare*

Did you know Turn 10 was formed under MS which has created the best Racing series to date? You think Sony make better games? Look what Sony Japan make, Knack and seems to have a most anbtipated sesqual on its way..

MS are one of the richest companies in the world. There methods in making games is alittle different to others, thats how they make money. 3rd Party Devs (Apart from Nintendo) are the best in the industry. Rockstar, Blizzard, Actiivision, Valve, Bethasda just to name afew all out preformed what Sony and MS create on most occasions. With 1 or 2 exceptions with Naughty Dog and 343/Turn10 who tend to stay ontop of there genres. Funny me saying that because ND wasnt created by Sony and 343 was actually formed under MS however was basiaclly a take over of another company. MS see that getting the best in the industry to make games is not a bad thing, works out cheaper. Plus MS operate better as a overseer. They didnt become wealthy by making mediocre products/software.

At the end of the day, it doesnt matter who makes the games, aslong as its good.

onionberry said:
Vasto said:

Xbox used to have a diversity of groundbreaking games, anyway, It's not that I don't like the system or the games that's not my issue. The majority of those games are on PC and the only game that I can't play on PC is Halo. So, If they are going to treat windows like the xbox then they should release halo on PC, if they are not going to do that then they need more exclusive games for xbox, cause then as a windows user, if I buy the console the xbox would be a halo machine. Unlike Sony and Nintendo where the consoles feel like its own entity and I have the excuse to buy them because those games are not on PC.

I dunno. I found that if there is one game on a system that I absolutely had to have, then I'd buy the system. I went out and bought a 360 as soon as I heard of Lost Odyssey.

onionberry said:
Vasto said:

I brought my first ever Xbox (360) only for Halo, there is enough Halo games to keep my console satifaction. Plus with the inclusion of Forza and Gears series i dont really need anything else on Xbox. I buy all my 3rd Party games on PC. I think there new direction is great. It will help qaultiy games like Forza to stay around but increasing its sales. WHen you have been around gaming for a long time. You will see companies come and go. I would hate to see Turn 10 fold due to a lack of sales. PC audience will help continue to grow there main games. You know why Halo isnt on PC? Because Halo doesnt need to. It sells. 

What difference does it make if the Xbox game is available on PC?

With all X1 games going to PC I don't think they will have much to convince you to buy Scorpio

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:
Dark_Feanor said:
^
You realy think Crash Bandicoot is that compelling?

I don´t know if you are aware but MS already launch a pack with 20+ old/classic games.

Or that Detroit tipe games sell as much as Quantum Break.

And the hyprocrisy with saying the 8th God of War game is compelling after listing all MS properties that are not as hot any more?

I gotta agree. Its ridicuous that people always say 'MS needs more new stuff but praise the 5th Uncharted, the 5th Killzone, the 4th Infamous, and all the remasters ad ports and say everything is fine. How many Gran Turismos are out there now?

Problem with your statement is that PS are consantly making new franchises outside of the regular staple.. They are constantly adding new and retiring franchises with their library.. TLOU, LBP, Bloodborne, Infamous, R&C, Resistance, KZ, knack, siphon filter, etc.. With many new stuff coming out with promise.. Horizon, dreams, nioh, etc..  Just saying..  Variety and well acclaimed and most importantly, exclusive.. Doesn't matter what series stick around..  Doesn't seem yo hurt PS and their game output.

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

BillyBong said:
bunchanumbers said:

I gotta agree. Its ridicuous that people always say 'MS needs more new stuff but praise the 5th Uncharted, the 5th Killzone, the 4th Infamous, and all the remasters ad ports and say everything is fine. How many Gran Turismos are out there now?

Problem with your statement is that PS are consantly making new franchises outside of the regular staple.. They are constantly adding new and retiring franchises with their library.. TLOU, LBP, Bloodborne, Infamous, R&C, Resistance, KZ, knack, siphon filter, etc.. With many new stuff coming out with promise.. Horizon, dreams, nioh, etc..  Just saying..  Variety and well acclaimed and most importantly, exclusive.. Doesn't matter what series stick around..  

You act like Sea of Thieves, Project Spark, Crimson Dragon, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Cuphead, and Ori never happened or are happening. MS has and continue to make games happen and they do take risks on new IPs. They just don't get credit for taking a shot at it.

Youre just not a big enough MS fan. For an example you said they havent been bringing anything new and say Nintendo offering is better. IP wise MS has funded or created more new ips this gen than Nintendo in the past 3 generations. The problem isnt the offering but its that youre not interested in what their offering.

bunchanumbers said:

You act like Sea of Thieves, Project Spark, Crimson Dragon, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Cuphead, and Ori never happened or are happening. MS has and continue to make games happen and they do take risks on new IPs. They just don't get credit for taking a shot at it.

Lol.. wheres the acclaim??  Just putting games on the system that doesn't sell means squat.  Claiming exclusive when sold on PC too means diddly.  Outside of those 3 trinity.. How many are guaranteed successful franchises?  Ori?  The same one I can play on my PC?  Qb and PS?  Same thing.. Crimson dragon?  Flop?  Cuphead?.. Not guaranteed console exclusive yet but i'll still be able to play on pc.. Etc.  I could list a bunch of non factor exclusives and console exclusives on the PS platform too but nobody remembers or counts them for a reason.  They don't get credit for making new IPs is because they don't.. They'll buy 3rd party but seeing how this gen is going that's not going to last much longer when developers lose out on much more for keeping it only ms exclusive .  its up to MS and their studios to start stepping up their game.. For myself.. I find it hard to purchase an xb if I can just wait to play all the games on PC.  Also hard to justify if the only thing going for it at this point is halo.

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

BillyBong said:
bunchanumbers said:

Lol.. wheres the acclaim??  Just putting games on the system that doesn't sell means squat.  Claiming exclusive when sold on PC too means diddly.  Outside of those 3 trinity.. How many are guaranteed successful franchises?  Ori?  The same one I can play on my PC?  Qb and PS?  Same thing.. Crimson dragon?  Flop?  Cuphead?.. Not guaranteed console exclusive yet but i'll still be able to play on pc.. Etc.  I could list a bunch of non factor exclusives and console exclusives on the PS platform too but nobody remembers or counts them for a reason.  They don't get credit for making new IPs is because they don't.. They'll buy 3rd party but seeing how this gen is going that's not going to last much longer when developers lose out on much more for keeping it only ms exclusive .  its up to MS and their studios to start stepping up their game.. For myself.. I find it hard to purchase an xb if I can just wait to play all the games on PC.  Also hard to justify if the only thing going for it at this point is halo.

Doesn't matter. They're still trying. You act like its just halo/forza/gears but they have taken risks and they continue to do so. Give credit where its due. Its not like Knack is the Citizen Kane of games.