By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Xbox Rant - MS needs to step up their game

Valid rant 156 73.58%

Invalid rant 56 26.42%

Total:212
onionberry said:
jason1637 said:
Youre just not a big enough MS fan. For an example you said they havent been bringing anything new and say Nintendo offering is better. IP wise MS has funded or created more new ips this gen than Nintendo in the past 3 generations. The problem isnt the offering but its that youre not interested in what their offering.

You need to read better, Im not saying that sony or nintendo make better games, that's a personal opiniom.  Im saying that xbox is lacking exclusive content and as pc gamer the only must have franchise is halo, and Im not going to buy one system for one game cause everything else is on pc.

This might sort of be a problem, since the whole point of the Play Anywhere idea was you'd not have to obtain an Xbox One, but then you'd have to run Windows 10. They're no longer promoting the hardware. They are promoting the OS. 

In other words, they are pulling off an Apple (like we didn't know this) and trying to build prestige and versatility rather than trying to become Nintendo and Sony to either create more gimmicks or decide on an assembly line approach to game development. 

Also, opinion, but I think MS's often prefers quality over quantity. Most PS games are AA and some AAA. Almost every game MS has created has been AAA. 

Around the Network
Namiirei said:

Well, who care now ?

I mean, all of the Xbox games now will be on Pc, so why should we get a Xbox ?

Even if they get 100 great "exclusives", i would play them on my pc.

Because some people don't own gaming PCs and want something made to use... 

DonFerrari said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

If Sony was afraid to drop old IP's to make new ones they wouldn't have dropped Killzone and Uncharted. Both devs yielded their old games to create last of us and horizon.

I gues you agree with me but didn't notice I was saying the same.

Sony grants enough freedom and developers risk enough for Santa Monica to have one game that were dished almost at the end, ND left Crash, Jake and Dexter, Uncharted one after the other to create new ones, I don't think there will be UC5 or TLOU3 as well. Also Guerilla as you said, not to forget Infamous that got the dev dumping oder games.

Azzanation said:

Forza for the past 4 years has been the best reviewed Car Racer on the market,. Sales does not equal qaulity. Project Cars was no where near as good as FM6 and the reviews clearly show this. Infact Forza was even beating GT in the 360 vs PS3 days. GT has a bigger fanbase however bigger fanbase does not equal better game. I see it exactly like a football team. The football team with the most members isnt always ontop of the ladder and wins. Forza when it comes to fanbase is smaller however in this case, its the underdog that has always preformed. How many Forza killers have to be made *Cough DriveClub* before we start respecting the best Car Racer on the market. RIght now its FH3, last year it was FM6, the year before that it was FH2. Dont believe me? Look up the reviews and awards. I can safetly say it wasnt Drive Club, Project Cars or NFS.

Even FM5 won RGOTY in 2013 from IGN.

I guess if you can say sales doesn't make the game the best critics also don't. The best simulator on consoles is and will still be Gran Turismo. And since when was DC a Forza killer? MS tried FM being GT killer and didn't achieve it, so now you want to make FM the game to be beat?

I hate to be that guy, but Forza as a series rates higher than Gran Turismo. Gran Turismo was far older, far more mainstream and released on a far more popular system. 

It hardly translates to better. If more sales were what we used to class products as better, we might as well say the Chevrolet Camaro makes a better car than the Vanquish and Vantage series. 

Shadow1980 said:
Honestly, if it weren't for Halo and Gears, I probably wouldn't even touch Xbox. Right now I have only five Xbox One games, and four of those have "Halo" or "Gears" in the title. The only things coming in 2017 that I plan on buying are Halo Wars 2 and Crackdown 3. By time the generation is over, I may have at most ten games for my Xbox One.

Meanwhile, I'm up to 17 games on my PS4, and 8 of those are exclusives. There's also quite a few upcoming exclusives that have my interest. I also have 8 games for my Wii U, and I still have 2 or 3 more games I want to get for it.

That's your own fault. Just because you only own 5 games for your Xbox one, doesn't mean there are only 5 good games to play. You chose to only buy 5 games, which has nothing to do with the quality of titles and number of titles available on the system. I personally have 161 games downloaded and ready to play on my Xbox one. I own 14 Ps3 games, does that mean there are only 14 good Ps3 games? That just means I have not invested as much time and money into the system. 

DonFerrari said:
FunFan said:

What I said: "Xbox One has dominated the racing genre for 4 years now."  That means it offering the best in both exclusives and multiplats. BOTH.

What I didn't said: "Forza  alone is dominating",

So your rethoric is irrelevant. XBOne been dominating for years and it would be dominating even if it only sells one copy. Thats what happens when there's no competition from console exclusives against it's main competitor the PS4 while still offering the most relevants multiplats.

About MK? Ninty auto-destroys everything so is unfair to try to hold Microsoft or Sony to their standars.

Well to dominate but them exclude Nintendo is very bizarre...

And considering GT6 is still playable I don't know why exclude it just so to give a victory according to wish

By that logic then the PS4 is also a disappointment as the PS3/360 still has the better library in most genres in terms of quality, variety and even sales, if you include all "playable" games. Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with this. But isn't it logical to compare the XBOne with the PS4? I mean if we start counting last gen games the XBOne has better backwards compatibility so it's not going to be pretty...

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network
AsGryffynn said:
onionberry said:

You need to read better, Im not saying that sony or nintendo make better games, that's a personal opiniom.  Im saying that xbox is lacking exclusive content and as pc gamer the only must have franchise is halo, and Im not going to buy one system for one game cause everything else is on pc.

This might sort of be a problem, since the whole point of the Play Anywhere idea was you'd not have to obtain an Xbox One, but then you'd have to run Windows 10. They're no longer promoting the hardware. They are promoting the OS. 

In other words, they are pulling off an Apple (like we didn't know this) and trying to build prestige and versatility rather than trying to become Nintendo and Sony to either create more gimmicks or decide on an assembly line approach to game development. 

Also, opinion, but I think MS's often prefers quality over quantity. Most PS games are AA and some AAA. Almost every game MS has created has been AAA. 

Well but Apple also kinda also dominate on the HW aspect because they not only have a big environment with different products but all products are from them. I agree MS quite tried that with Cellphone, Tablet/Surface, PC (not HW), and X1... but now I would say they forfeit a little on the HW and are trying only the SW environment, for which they certainly have a lot better infraestructure.

AsGryffynn said:
DonFerrari said:

I gues you agree with me but didn't notice I was saying the same.

Sony grants enough freedom and developers risk enough for Santa Monica to have one game that were dished almost at the end, ND left Crash, Jake and Dexter, Uncharted one after the other to create new ones, I don't think there will be UC5 or TLOU3 as well. Also Guerilla as you said, not to forget Infamous that got the dev dumping oder games.

I guess if you can say sales doesn't make the game the best critics also don't. The best simulator on consoles is and will still be Gran Turismo. And since when was DC a Forza killer? MS tried FM being GT killer and didn't achieve it, so now you want to make FM the game to be beat?

I hate to be that guy, but Forza as a series rates higher than Gran Turismo. Gran Turismo was far older, far more mainstream and released on a far more popular system. 

It hardly translates to better. If more sales were what we used to class products as better, we might as well say the Chevrolet Camaro makes a better car than the Vanquish and Vantage series. 

You can be the guy you want.

Rates higher from critics right? Like reviewer that gave GT a 4/10 because she doesn't even like to drive (game and RL) and didn't saw they purpose of driving in circles. Or Critics that complained about lack of cosmetic personalization? Yes taking points on the sound, lack of real damage simulation (but that isn't really worth discussing because all games that have damage simulation is completely wrong) and sure the bump mechanics/AI needs improvement. But as I said in a different discussion when you are driving to be the fatest any bump already destroys your pace.

GT shines over Forza (for me and others that play for the DRIVING simulation aspect) on the driving mechanics and physics (we do know and as far as I remember Turn 10 confess) that they make the driving a little more arcedey (and easier) than GT.

But you hate to be that guy so you came to disagree with my point and so I shall guess you agree that DC was made as a Forza killer?

Nope, I didn't even said the higher sales is what make GT better. But considering Camaro (or even golf or any other entry level car) give you a ride from point A to point B one can evaluate it better than a Vanquish depending on the metrics being used. Is GT-R better than a Ferrari? Depends, if we are talking on relaibility, maintenance cost it would be.

FunFan said:
DonFerrari said:

Well to dominate but them exclude Nintendo is very bizarre...

And considering GT6 is still playable I don't know why exclude it just so to give a victory according to wish

By that logic then the PS4 is also a disappointment as the PS3/360 still has the better library in most genres in terms of quality, variety and even sales, if you include all "playable" games. Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with this. But isn't it logical to compare the XBOne with the PS4? I mean if we start counting last gen games the XBOne has better backwards compatibility so it's not going to be pretty...

When you say a game or a series is DOMINATING the genre then you have to consider all possible contenders. Like when I say that even on the worse selling GT game no competitor outsell it there will always be someone saying Mario Kart, I usually excludes it because I barely consider it even a racer much less when I'm talking about GT (competitors would be games like FM, Project Cars, Assetto Corza, etc... and if we push it NFS, FH, Burnout, etc).

If we are talking about PS4 vs X1 only then X1 considering all racing games available is in a better position than PS4 (although I really like DC) but can't be said that Forza alone is dominating the genre even if we consider only both platforms.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

When they made the decision to release every game on PC aswell, that was the Xbox done.

You are not wrong.

bunchanumbers said:
oniyide said:

This. Its why people give the other two a "pass" they've proven themselves a long time ago.

What do you mean? They brought in developers and made them first party. Bungie and Epic were both brought into the fold and treated like first party. Nintendo did the same thing with Rare and so did Sony with Naughty Dog. Just because there isn't a Microsoft development team doesn't mean that they don't have a first party. They just went about it differently.

they went about it in a worse way, but thats just my opinion

DonFerrari said:
FunFan said:

When you say a game or a series is DOMINATING the genre then you have to consider all possible contenders. Like when I say that even on the worse selling GT game no competitor outsell it there will always be someone saying Mario Kart, I usually excludes it because I barely consider it even a racer much less when I'm talking about GT (competitors would be games like FM, Project Cars, Assetto Corza, etc... and if we push it NFS, FH, Burnout, etc).

If we are talking about PS4 vs X1 only then X1 considering all racing games available is in a better position than PS4 (although I really like DC) but can't be said that Forza alone is dominating the genre even if we consider only both platforms.

Thats the thing, I didn't said that. You are puting words in my mouth. Look back at my original response. I said "Xbone is dominating", I didn't mentioned forza at all.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

FunFan said:
DonFerrari said:

Thats the thing, I didn't said that. You are puting words in my mouth. Look back at my original response. I said "Xbone is dominating", I didn't mentioned forza at all.

OK, my bad then.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."