By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Xbox Rant - MS needs to step up their game

Valid rant 156 73.58%

Invalid rant 56 26.42%

Total:212

Xbox One has dominated the racing genre for 4 years now. Other than that, they have fallen back on all other areas.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network
FunFan said:
Xbox One has dominated the racing genre for 4 years now. Other than that, they have fallen back on all other areas.

Dominating how?

Forza is actually losing steam, Project Cars were more antecipated and MK and GT have sold more than Forza. So in which manner does Forza dominated the genre besides on perhaps yours preference?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

"They need" to, I don't care if they do or not, i'm fine without Xbox, they need me more than I can ever need them. If they don't step up it's all the same to me, not even mad bruh.

It seems to me that all 3 are having a hard time coming up with brand new 1st party IPs, that includes Nintendo.

As a PC gamer, I am happy with MS's choices this generation to give more to the PC community. It also means there is no chance I'll buy an Xbox. Not interested in replaying games I play on PC. Especially when SONY has games like Bloodborne, Nioh and The Last of US on their PS platform.

The future is clear. PC, NS and possibly a PS4. No room for an Xbox, personally.

DonFerrari said:
FunFan said:

Dominating how?

Forza is actually losing steam, Project Cars were more antecipated and MK and GT have sold more than Forza. So in which manner does Forza dominated the genre besides on perhaps yours preference?

Exactly, they flood the market year after year with Forza games and they don't sell that great. The series has been milked and over saturated for quite some time now. Regardless of a few k copies selling in the UK during the Christmas period. Any run of the mill Need for Speed  game can outsell it in any year they release. Critically, they're great, outstanding! But the audience isn't there anymore.

Around the Network

I wonder what new games MS will or can show at E3 next year, the gap in exclusive games with the competition is gigantic and feels like it was never as big as it is now. After this year's E3 and PSX it's quite clear MS needs to do something for more software. Scorpio will likely be amazing hardware wise but it needs to be backed up with games.

In terms of AAA single player games all they have is Scalebound and Crackdown 3 to look forward to. Give us Sunset Overdrive 2, Conker sequel and Lost Odyssey 2 plzzzz

Blood_Tears said:
DonFerrari said:

Dominating how?

Exactly, they flood the market year after year with Forza games and they don't sell that great. The series has been milked and over saturated for quite some time now. Regardless of a few k copies selling in the UK during the Christmas period. Any run of the mill Need for Speed  game can outsell it in any year they release. Critically, they're great, outstanding! But the audience isn't there anymore.

not sure if nfs outsell fm significantly, and i like some of them... and yep fm is great and well received unfortunately it doesn't seem to be the preference of X1 audience.

CGI-Quality said:
LurkerJ said:
It seems to me that all 3 are having a hard time coming up with brand new 1st party IPs

Microsoft

• Quantum Break
  • ReCore
  • Sea Of Thieves
  • Scalebound

Nintendo

• Splatoon

Sony

• Knack
  • The Order: 1886
  • Bloodborne
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn
  • Days Gone
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • The Last Guardian
  • Until Dawn

That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more. I agree that Nintendo is struggling with that a bit, but Microsoft and Sony, especially, have come up with plenty. Love 'em or hate 'em.

Even if someone accuses most of the new IPs on MS from being purchased, the type of games listed doesn't seem like they would been released without MS support so they need to be counted as MS IPs even if they down on it (just a different approach than Sony with exclusivity deals). And II would say some of the new IPs MS tried this gen were quite risk and unfortunatelly either didn't paid out in sales or critic reception.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

CGI-Quality said:
LurkerJ said:
It seems to me that all 3 are having a hard time coming up with brand new 1st party IPs

Microsoft

• Quantum Break
  • ReCore
  • Sea Of Thieves
  • Scalebound

Nintendo

• Splatoon

Sony

• Knack
  • The Order: 1886
  • Bloodborne
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn
  • Days Gone
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • The Last Guardian
  • Until Dawn

That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more. I agree that Nintendo is struggling with that a bit, but Microsoft and Sony, especially, have come up with plenty. Love 'em or hate 'em.

Fair enough. I was referring to IPs I am personally interested in (bolded). I'd add "Dreams" to the SONY list, I was expecting to see some Dreams and Spiderman footage coming out of yesterday's event. E3 to the rescue. 

"Sony farm out so much of their stuff though"

"Meanwhile MS are doing great things, like Titanfall, Dead Rising, Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon, Recore, Scalebound"

Every single time

I am with you OP. Microsoft have being pretty meh for me this since Bungie left the house.....many years ago.

What are the upcoming exciting Xbox games ?