By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSX The Comeback Trailer: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

Cool, i can't wait.

Around the Network

Amazing!

Signalstar said:
Buying it even though I wish it was more ambitious.

yeah. i mean, i felt all giddy and good inside when seeing it. but it could have been a lot more. though, ill get it when its on sale. 

Day 1 for sure! I love me some crash

Hiku said:

Why are they calling these remasters? They're definitely full remakes in terms of visuals. I expected something very different.

I guess Naughty Dog just upped the bar for what classifies as a "Remaster" by a few miles.

Probably because only the visuals changed.

Around the Network

I still think a lot of people who have wanted this for years will be bored after the initial novelty wears off.

The gameplay just looks so basic in comparison to new games of today

Hiku said:

Why are they calling these remasters? They're definitely full remakes in terms of visuals. I expected something very different.

I guess Naughty Dog just raised the bar for what classifies as a "Remaster" by a few miles.

Much better than the Assassin's Creed  remaster from Ubisoft.

celador said:
I still think a lot of people who have wanted this for years will be bored after the initial novelty wears off.

The gameplay just looks so basic in comparison to new games of today

No way, the only thing preventing me from playing them now is the lack of PS1 emulation on PS4. The last time I played Warped was not even three years ago on PS3.

Looks bad if we're being honest. (not graphically)

Anyone gone back and played classic crash recently? The gameplay has aged like milk.

Hiku said:
RenCutypoison said:

Probably because only the visuals changed.

Mar1217 said:

+ It's only visual fidelity that has been upgrade.

We have games that are called Remaster/HD that fall under that category though.

The way I saw it until now, a remaster is when you take already existing assets, and enhance them. This seems remade from the ground up.

The visuals were remade, obviously the engine too, but the sounds are exactly the same.

Plus they benefit more from calling it a remaster as they are banking (only) on nostalgia.