By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSX The Comeback Trailer: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

pray4mojo said:
Ugh... remasters. I'll just stick with my PS1 originals and hope we get a new one someday.

It stays really faithfull to the originals, and there are some slight enhancements and extra bonus stages ect.

They redid alot of the voice acting with the original voice actors, and the music too (its the same but better quality).

Around the Network
Sagemode87 said:
https://youtu.be/r9apQ38CQcc
More gameplay!

Yeah, this definitely looks bad. If this was a new IP, we wouldn't look twice.  They should have rebooted the franchise instead of a carbon copy remake. Crash was never a gem in the mechanics department for the same 1997 gameplay and level design to hold up. 

CGI-Quality said:
teigaga said:

Yeah, this definitely looks bad. If this was a new IP, we wouldn't look twice.  They should have rebooted the franchise instead of a carbon copy remake. Crash was never a gem in the mechanics department for the same 1997 gameplay and level design to hold up. 

Obviously, it was never for you, then. The game is for fans of the series and the core mechanics remain. It's just re-done with PS4 technology. Looks just as I remember it, but prettier. That means it works.

Yeah I really dont get where that "definitely looks bad" comes from.

It look amasing, and its staying very very faithfull to the originals... which is what most people want.

CGI-Quality said:
teigaga said:

Obviously, it was never for you, then. The game is for fans of the series and the core mechanics remain. It's just re-done with PS4 technology. Looks just as I remember it, but prettier. That means it works.

Its great you feel that way, I think its a missed opportunity since this will be Crash's big return to gaming and I think it'll fall well short of finding a modern audience. 

CGI-Quality said:
teigaga said:

Its great you feel that way, I think its a missed opportunity since this will be Crash's big return to gaming and I think it'll fall well short of finding a modern audience. 

As I said, it's much less looking for a "modern audience" (something it will find, anyway). Instead, it seeks its original audience. And this is what people asked for. So if you never had any interest in the games, it's no shock that you find nothing interesting now. For everyone else, it's just what they wanted. That's what matters.

Oh I loved crash, but not all games age equally. The value of the project will be a subjective when we all get our hands on it, even for those like yourself just looking for prettier graphics, there is no objective means of meassurement in terms of what "matters". Each to their own. 

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
I was turned off by when I played the first game many years ago - I might play it again with the others before getting this remake.

The first game is definitely the hardest. If you want to see the best of what the series offers, start with Crash 3 Warped. Though personally I would just play through them in order again so you can see how far they had come through the span of one generation (plus you get to see Naughty Dog in its infancy)

teigaga said:
CGI-Quality said:

Sony doesn't hold the IP. So probably this was the most they could do without breaking the bank.

Last gen crash game gone even on X360 and weren't well received... so perhaps Sony is testing the waters on Nostalgia first and them if reception is positive you get a new Crash made from scratch.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

teigaga said:
CGI-Quality said:

As I said, it's much less looking for a "modern audience" (something it will find, anyway). Instead, it seeks its original audience. And this is what people asked for. So if you never had any interest in the games, it's no shock that you find nothing interesting now. For everyone else, it's just what they wanted. That's what matters.

Oh I loved crash, but not all games age equally. The value of the project will be a subjective when we all get our hands on it, even for those like yourself just looking for prettier graphics, there is no objective means of meassurement in terms of what "matters". Each to their own. 

I could go on and on here... yes there is a "objective means of meassurement in terms of what "matters"."

CGI-Quality said:
teigaga said:

Most people were just looking for "prettier graphics". That's the point you're missing. It gives the fans exactly what they want while looking better. A complete package for the nostalgia. They're not seeking a major new audience. If they wanted that, they would have done what Insomniac did with Ratchet. Difference is, this isn't a reboot.

As for a subjective means of what "matters", no, there isn't. But, they're listening to majority feedback, which you obviously aren't a part of. 

Yeah, I have no idea where this conversation has been had to even be part of it, my preference as you acknowledge are a bit different from whats being offered. Similar to the FFVIIR, I don't think theres wrong/right way to feel about it. Will see how things develop but I recall the initial excitment for Knack being made by Mark Cerny and references to Crash slowly turn into disinterest & dissapointement as people got their hands on it, hopefully the same doesn't happen here and it is seen as a fan service and little more.

JRPGfan said:
teigaga said:

I could go on and on here... yes there is a "objective means of meassurement in terms of what "matters"."

I could rebutal this but I don't want to derail this thread. Y'all have your celebrations!

I'll save my cynicism for another time.