By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSX The Comeback Trailer: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

twintail said:
Cloudman said:
I hate to be a debbie downer, but I'm not all that impressed. The fresh new look is very nice, but it looks to be just the same games from the PS1 days. I think it would have been cooler if they just jumped to making a new game, even if Naughty Dog is not involved. Maybe they could have at least overlooked the project.

It was announced as a remaster of sorts at E3.

I know that~ I just think it would have been better if they jumped straight to the new game, rather than just bringing back the old ones, but... remastered.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
teigaga said:
CGI-Quality said:

As I said, it's much less looking for a "modern audience" (something it will find, anyway). Instead, it seeks its original audience. And this is what people asked for. So if you never had any interest in the games, it's no shock that you find nothing interesting now. For everyone else, it's just what they wanted. That's what matters.

Oh I loved crash, but not all games age equally. The value of the project will be a subjective when we all get our hands on it, even for those like yourself just looking for prettier graphics, there is no objective means of meassurement in terms of what "matters". Each to their own. 

For me, they still pretty fun. I played Crash 1 some time ago.

Cloudman said:

I know that~ I just think it would have been better if they jumped straight to the new game, rather than just bringing back the old ones, but... remastered.

Hardly a remaster (that would have been taking the original and tweek the graphics to look pretty).  Looks like they remade them to me, which means they have the resources and models to make a new one if they want and this is well received.

I think if Activision is clever, what they'll do is release small Crash games, similar to each original for like $20 a peice. The series had lost it's way but make games in the vein on the originals in this style and it could be a great comeback. Rayman tried moving to a more traditional style and it revived the series (to a degree).

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:

Hardly a remaster

Yup, I've even seen someone call it a "HD Port"

Everything is made from the ground up, no original graphics, sound assets or code.

It's a remake from scratch, with additional features such as time trial relics in crash 1 & 2.

I never say "day 1", but day one

Around the Network
Xen said:

I think this is the first time I've actually pre-ordered a game in about a decade.

Barkley said:
Xen said:

I think this is the first time I've actually pre-ordered a game in about a decade.

I almost never preorder games either, maybe one in two years this time, the rule will have to be bent -> gotta preoder this and already preordered the Persona 5 CE.

twintail said:
Cloudman said:

I don't disagree but I think this is an IP which really needs to go back to the basics because the games after 3 are worse, and crash is not really relevant as a character these days.

It's not the same devs, who fans would prefer, so I believe doing this, and improving on trouble areas, would instill more confidence a potential 4th.

This is the best decision rather than a potential failure of a new game. That would just tank the IP completely at this point.

Rather than just remake the 1st 3 games, why not just do a new one in a similar style? Or have Naughty Dog be involved with it. It's not they're not able to.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Barkley said:
The Fury said:

Hardly a remaster

Yup, I've even seen someone call it a "HD Port"

Everything is made from the ground up, no original graphics, sound assets or code.

It's a remake from scratch, with additional features such as time trial relics in crash 1 & 2.

Seems like some sounds sound the same, but I don't know if the asset is used or just remade.

Xen said:

It isn't written the same but the intention is what count =p

Barkley said:
Xen said:

You can't preorder a game that released 20 years ago =p

Xen said:
Barkley said:

I almost never preorder games either, maybe one in two years this time, the rule will have to be bent -> gotta preoder this and already preordered the Persona 5 CE.

just preordered 3 games as far as I'm aware, GT6, KH3 and FF XV and all of them were with big discounts for preorder.

Cloudman said:
twintail said:

I don't disagree but I think this is an IP which really needs to go back to the basics because the games after 3 are worse, and crash is not really relevant as a character these days.

It's not the same devs, who fans would prefer, so I believe doing this, and improving on trouble areas, would instill more confidence a potential 4th.

This is the best decision rather than a potential failure of a new game. That would just tank the IP completely at this point.

Rather than just remake the 1st 3 games, why not just do a new one in a similar style? Or have Naughty Dog be involved with it. It's not they're not able to.

Sony doesn't own the IP, so maybe the discussion would be harder with Activision. They would have to "rent" the IP to have the control on the game made, because there were a lot of crash games made after ND left it, all sucked.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

twintail said:

Cloudman said:         

Because as I said, a new game trying to emulate the style of Crash 1-3 faces many difficiulties without ND being at the head of the game. It is safer and more financially viable this way cosidering the IP.

As for getting ND involved. I am not sure why Activision would want them involved. ND aint their studio. Activison had tons of their own studios os obviously they would priortise their own employees first. Besides, ND is pretty chock a block atm with the new UC standalone title, UC4 MP updates, and now TLoU2.

It is not so easy to just get ppl and teams involved in a title if said ppl and teams are external to your own operations. And at the end of the day, without ND involved, Activision might be in their right to not even make this PS4 exclusive forever since Crash is their IP and they can do with it as they want.

Well, considering since Activision started making Crash games they haven't been that great, if they want a new Crash game to potentially be successful again, why not work with the people who made it great in the 1st place? It seems like a good option after some lackluster Crash games. ND doesn't have to be deeply involved as well. Or, they can just try again on their own I suppose, or just do what it is they are doing.

Dance my pretties!