By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSX The Comeback Trailer: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

teigaga said:
JRPGfan said:

I could go on and on here... yes there is a "objective means of meassurement in terms of what "matters"."

I could rebutal this but I don't want to derail this thread. Y'all have your celebrations!

I'll save my cynicism for another time. 

Thank you for not turning your disagreement in a needless discussion. Don't worry, there will be plenty of games of your liking.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I hate to be a debbie downer, but I'm not all that impressed. The fresh new look is very nice, but it looks to be just the same games from the PS1 days. I think it would have been cooler if they just jumped to making a new game, even if Naughty Dog is not involved. Maybe they could have at least overlooked the project.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
I hate to be a debbie downer, but I'm not all that impressed. The fresh new look is very nice, but it looks to be just the same games from the PS1 days. I think it would have been cooler if they just jumped to making a new game, even if Naughty Dog is not involved. Maybe they could have at least overlooked the project.

It would definitely have been cool if we got a fresh game, but Sony owns Crash from PS1 while Activision owns anything crash afterward. So, you have two separate parties that need to work together here - one of them has an IP that they buried into the ground but was massive in its prime. The other has this iconic figure that used to sell their consoles. They don't own this figure, they can't control this figure, but they do have rights to his birth. If a new game was made at all, then Activision wouldn't need Sony but they would risk doing further damage to the IP. For Sony, they can't make a new game because they don't hold the property, but they do have rights to the first games and probably want to play on the nostalgia from the 90s.

This crash 1-3 remaster is the best we could've gotten for now. If this does well, maybe Activision will consider selling back the franchise or maybe they'll allow Sony to co develop a new game, either of those would be ideal but it's just probably not feasible right now.

aLkaLiNE said:
Cloudman said:

It would definitely have been cool if we got a fresh game, but Sony owns Crash from PS1 while Activision owns anything crash afterward. So, you have two separate parties that need to work together here - one of them has an IP that they buried into the ground but was massive in its prime. The other has this iconic figure that used to sell their consoles. They don't own this figure, they can't control this figure, but they do have rights to his birth. If a new game was made at all, then Activision wouldn't need Sony but they would risk doing further damage to the IP. For Sony, they can't make a new game because they don't hold the property, but they do have rights to the first games and probably want to play on the nostalgia from the 90s.

This crash 1-3 remaster is the best we could've gotten for now. If this does well, maybe Activision will consider selling back the franchise or maybe they'll allow Sony to co develop a new game, either of those would be ideal but it's just probably not feasible right now.

That does seems a little lame if that is the case. I feel more could have been done than just remaking them, but if this is the best they can do for now, well, it is indeed better than nothing, and hoping it is successful to push for a new Crash game.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Can't wait. Day 1!!!

Around the Network

I think Crash Team Racing should get a similar treatment. Probably the best Karting game on any PS platform, or maybe I am just feeling nostalgic

LurkerJ said:
I think Crash Team Racing should get a similar treatment. Probably the best Karting game on any PS platform, or maybe I am just feeling nostalgic

CTR was much better than MK64 and even DKR, and this is coming from one of the biggest mario fanboys around. 

Pinkie_pie said:
LurkerJ said:

CTR was much better than MK64 and even DKR, and this is coming from one of the biggest mario fanboys around. 

I didn't like Crash games that much. I remember playing the game for the boss fights mostly. Crash Team Racing was so much fun though, definitely one of my most played PS1 games.

He looks like his goofy CB1 self. Maybe they will make him his other designs for CB2 and CB3. Not much different but he does look a tad better

LurkerJ said:
Pinkie_pie said:

I didn't like Crash games that much. I remember playing the game for the boss fights mostly. Crash Team Racing was so much fun though, definitely one of my most played PS1 games.

I never had a ps1 but i remember going to my friend house after school and on weekends playing CTR. Nothing was more satisfying in CTR than crashing into someone when you have that mask, and the shortcuts was epic. And boss races.