By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is this a sign that Final Fantasy is going more western-styled?

think-man said:
If Hiroyuki Ito is directing FFXVI (which all rumours say he is) than the direction i say would be more like older games. I hope he is cause he directed the two most praised FF games VI and IX.

Oh I hope you are right

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

It's just a trailer, as long as the main characters look like effeminate J-Pop teen idols, I doubt FF is ever going too American, lol.

think-man said:
If Hiroyuki Ito is directing FFXVI (which all rumours say he is) than the direction i say would be more like older games. I hope he is cause he directed the two most praised FF games VI and IX.

I am very much looking forward to Ito's return to Final Fantasy. Kitase's Final Fantasy are growing more and more Anime with every new entry. 

Because they used a hip hop song in a trailer for Western audiences??

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

First Xenoblade Chronicles X and now Final Fantasy XV with the rap. Please keep the rap out of my RPGs. Seriously plz...

Edit oh just a trailer. NVM and yes ito to return would be awesome. I want to be like IX when it was more Fantasy and less sci fi

Around the Network
Xxain said:
think-man said:

I am very much looking forward to Ito's return to Final Fantasy. Kitase's Final Fantasy are growing more and more Anime with every new entry. 

Ito directed two perfect final fantasy games (vi and ix)  and one that would have been perfect if the execs didn't tamper with his vision (xii).  Id love a Final Fantasy more in line with those games. 

Soundwave said:
It's just a trailer, as long as the main characters look like effeminate J-Pop teen idols, I doubt FF is ever going too American, lol.

You're wrong because because American has been going gayer.

I don't know how to feel about that cause I do like the song but it clashes hard in my mind with FFXV. Could have been worst i suppose.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

This song in the background was very cool, but it's not fitting to a FF game. This was a very good trailer, I'm sure it works well in american teenage head, but I can hardly imagine that the final game will have hip hop tunes in it. So, if we want to be very narrow minded, this might be called false advertising. This whole trailer was set up like a movie trailer. It's quite obvious that SE wants to highlight the optics and make the game look extremely cool and edgy.

At this point, I believe SE wants to let Dragon Quest remain as japanese as possible while drifting Final Fantasy towards the west in order to not canibalize each other and in order to highlight each others different approaches. I heard FFXVs gameplay is somehow less complex than previous instalments, by the way - another clue towards shifting the main focus onto the west as common westerners are very frustration intolerant.

I always considered FFVII to be the first FF to step into a "Western" styled game. It has been heading this way for some time now which is why I kind lean towards Dragon Quest more nowadays. I like stability. But I digress.