By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

do you like gamestop?

Yes 35 44.87%

No 36 46.15%

I prefer Stopgame 7 8.97%

Total:78

It seems as though everyone I know on the internet despises Gamestop. Why though? 

Yes, their trade in deals are horrendous, but otherwise they're actually pretty good. Maybe it's a Minnesota thing and we're just too nice to each other :P Most of the employees I've seen in the 10+ gamestops i've gone to in state are casual gamers at the least, and will always give good service, even if they can't help me with something.

So yeah. I'd like to talk about Gamestop and see why so many people have negative opinions about it

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

Yeah my local EB Games is amazing, never understood the hate. The old manager there used to give me preorder bonuses and price match shit without me even having to ask.

I was a manager there in 10 years ago and so many horror stories. Aside from the guy who literally tried to murder me. The thing that bothered me most is how used games being sold as new. I say that because employees could rent games for a couple days bring it back and still be sold as new. I have a million stories but when I quit GS I boycotted it ever since and not missed it at all.

I have a local chain called Game ChangerZ and I traded in Blazeblue for Vita,Uncharted 3,Enslaved and Shining Wisdom Import,none of these games cost all that much but they gave me 70 bucks credit. I'd like to see GS do that oh and I hate that they throw out games and consoles in the trash. It's esp frustrating they throw good game cases to games they have in stock in the trash.

SegataSanshiro said:
I was a manager there in 10 years ago and so many horror stories. Aside from the guy who literally tried to murder me. The thing that bothered me most is how used games being sold as new. I say that because employees could rent games for a couple days bring it back and still be sold as new. I have a million stories but when I quit GS I boycotted it ever since and not missed it at all.

yikes. That sounds horrible.

i guess that's the con of a huge business. One store may be fine, but the other can be a nightmare

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

The GameStop near me is pretty good. The employees try to help when they can.

Around the Network

I went to ebgames, asked for some ps4 pro recommendations, every game he recommended me apart from Uncharted 4 had no ps4 pro benefits

Another annoying thing is that the last time I bought a used game from them, it was super scratched so I brought it back, they gave me another one and that was also scratched. And more recently, when I bought bloodborne, he dude was like, for 5 dollars less, you can get the used copy. Its basically the same as the new copy but you save $5 which is soo dumb cause the used copy will most likely have scratches vs a new copy will be fresh. So as long as you take care of it, it will be easier to resell.

Also their trade-in value has become stupid. More often than not, they will bearly give you any credit when you bring in your games but when you buy the exact same game, the cost is a lot more. Not saying it should be 1:1 but Jesus, its bad.

And honestly, its better to order from amazon anyway cause prime members get 20% off from pre-orders. Different experiences I guess

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Gamestop, I hate the store with a passion. Employees are pushy with all the crap they try and sell u. Also a display copy is not a new damn game, once that seal is broken it's used. I argued with a manager and told him he is full of shit, if he thinks otherwise. The store could go under and wouldn't give a shit about it.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Gamestop as a company kinda sucks. The people who work at Gamestop genereally tend to do their best to help the customer and keep to Gamestop's policies, because trust me, they understand. Lol

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

I like thier used games for the PS3 but for Ps4 the prices are garbage.

Also the guy who works there is some guy with a hipster beard who hates female gamers.

I asked him once "hiye is Far Cry 3 like an open world game?'

"you would know that if you played 1 and 2 but I imagine you have not as you just grabbed this game as its popular'

I am like ....

GameStop is fine. It's a great place. The people who complain probably haven't worked in retail because all the complaints people give GS for is what others in retail do all the time. I've worked in retail and in... idk what Jamba Juice would be considered... (fast.. smoothies..?) before and all I can say is that nothing they do is out of the norm and honestly, I consider them tame

By the way, selling used as new is not exclusive to GS. Mom and pop stores do it too, I know enough people who run them by now that tell me they have XD that and, uh... well let's just say if you go to a grocery store just keep in mind we sorta sell... fruit that probably should not be sold. For example apples with rat shit all over them. My managers solution: "Eh, just wash the apples off. Customers will never know." So always wash your fruit before you eat it! Also, if you people think GS is bad, Jamba Juice is worse. Worst job I have ever worked, policy wise