By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

do you like gamestop?

Yes 35 44.87%

No 36 46.15%

I prefer Stopgame 7 8.97%

Total:78

Gamestop is my last resort for video games. I understand corporate is up each employees asshole with regards to selling, but I don't want to be assaulted when I walk in the door with questions and offers. I work in retail, I like to wait until it becomes clear a customer is searching for something specific before asking if I can help them.

I hate having to ask if a customer wants to waste money on bonus shit, and Gamestop is the worst about this. No, I don't want a rewards card, mobile phone, credit card, strategy guide, or protection plan. Jesus Christ.

Still can't believe they sell opened "new" games, or sell used game collections that have had the redemption codes used without some kind of warning that not all games advertised are included.

Those ugly stand-in cases, the stickers you can't get off the original cases, the blaring TV on an all-too-short loop of advertising, the long wait (and smell of BO, pot, or both) when the dregs of humanity attempt to haggle or argue with the poor cashier...I actually dread setting foot in one.

Around the Network

They aren't that bad, but there's no store to store consistency. Whoever happens to manage your local location(s) will determine the quality of your experience. So there are good and bad ones. In my area there are 5 within easy driving distance, 1 is so-so, two are pretty good, and 2 are quite good.

I don't know you guys and gamestop but in my country if you take the seal off from any game the game is considered used. And the game looses 1/5 value immediately. I hear that gamestop does it quite often and this is unacceptable.

ktay95 said:
Yeah my local EB Games is amazing, never understood the hate. The old manager there used to give me preorder bonuses and price match shit without me even having to ask.

The hate is about the company in general, not nesesarily of the employes. Specially the ones higher on the corporate food chain. Also, ebay and amazon had put their  bs used game prices on notice for years. That said, you may be teasing that manager with hot pants and a tank top... 

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

LadyJasmine said:

I like thier used games for the PS3 but for Ps4 the prices are garbage.

Also the guy who works there is some guy with a hipster beard who hates female gamers.

I asked him once "hiye is Far Cry 3 like an open world game?'

"you would know that if you played 1 and 2 but I imagine you have not as you just grabbed this game as its popular'

I am like ....

This was the perfect answer: "You would not be such a sexualy frustrated virgin if you had any game at all." -  If you didn't told him this, you are doing it wrong. Or you are too nice.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network

My experience with Gamestop have been similar to yours, OP. Actually, Gamestop's employees are some of the most enthusiastic and helpful I've met in any retail store.

I don't go there anymore. I just use amazon or ebay to get games. I mean, if you have some Nintendo games you want to get rid of, they'll get you a great amount of trade in credit but that's about it. I got $160 for trading in my Wii games which included basically all the big Nintendo games. They give the most trade in for games that will sell well after their time.

And as for the employees, I hear you have to know somebody at Gamestop or have a friend who knows somebody at Gamestop/works at gamestop for you to get a job. So you can see how the Gamestop "Gene Pool" has developed over the years.

FunFan said:
LadyJasmine said:

I like thier used games for the PS3 but for Ps4 the prices are garbage.

Also the guy who works there is some guy with a hipster beard who hates female gamers.

I asked him once "hiye is Far Cry 3 like an open world game?'

"you would know that if you played 1 and 2 but I imagine you have not as you just grabbed this game as its popular'

I am like ....

This was the perfect answer: "You would not be such a sexualy frustrated virgin if you had any game at all." -  If you didn't told him this, you are doing it wrong. Or you are too nice.

I rather be nice lol 

Like, if I had the choice to choose between Gamestop and Best Buy, I would definitely go with Best Buy, but if there is some great deal that Best Buy doesn't have, that won't stop me from going to Gamestop

I have heard of the stories, but haven't actually come across these problems myself so I'm pretty indifferent to Gamestop :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Well EB games just cancelled like 12 1-4$ ps3 games on me. Sooooooo they arent doing too hot right now in my book.

Here in Australia buying new release games from EB is always more expensive then JBHIFI or Target/Big W