By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So, I just finished FFXV's story (23 hours in)

Tagged games:

Since I'm usually reeeaaally slow when it comes to RPGs, I think it will take me A LOT more than 23 hours to beat this game. I'll most probably try to explore every nook and cranny of the fields until there's nothing left to see lol

Around the Network
starcraft said:
RenCutypoison said:

9/10 if you're fine with shorter games. I haven't tried my preorder bonus, it's blocked until tuesday lol, so I can't tell if it's any good (masamune weapon).

The plot is a bit weak at first, but the story is told in the best way I've seen in a JRPG. Everything in the game screams that it took 10 years to achieve this level of perfection in the details.

I understand why some FF fans are disappointed - but I dont have a major issue with that sort of timeframe. Frankly as a full-time worker that suits me just fine as long as they are very enjoyable hours.

That. My only regret is that I took holyday from work until wednesday for the game lol.

Keybladewielder said:
Since I'm usually reeeaaally slow when it comes to RPGs, I think it will take me A LOT more than 23 hours to beat this game. I'll most probably try to explore every nook and cranny of the fields until there's nothing left to see lol

I just edited the OP. A friend of mine is halfway through the story in 23 hours by doing all the sidequests.

Keybladewielder said:

Like i said im still in chapter 2 after 10 hours because i like to do everything before i move on with the story. 

I have no problems with the game being around that long, pretty good lenght if you ask me, it's the fact that they lied to our faces that gets to me. Devs need to stop that shady shit, does nothing but hinder their image in my eyes.

Was the game at the very least challenging? Any kind of hard mode or New Game Plus after beating it?

I'm now filled with determination.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Interesting that the main plot takes 20+ hours rather than the usual 40 hours or so.

This is good for me considering I got limited time but I guess I'll be spending more time than you did since I love to explore and will be doing all the sidequests (assuming they are not as boring as Ni No Kuni's sidequests).

Well according to the trophies I'm at bout 15 sidequests and there is a trophy for 80 sidequests, so you should be ok. Sidequests got nice lore, and the few I did didn't feel boring for some reason (maybe because I care about the side characters more than in usual games). It's still mostly "go there and kill monsters" or "bring back these items".

Mr Puggsly said:
Kerotan said:
23 hours of intense gameplay? Sounds like a blast especially when you more stuff still to do.

Right, I'll take 23 hours over a 60 hour slog.

I'm actually more interested in this game now.

Same.  I'm way more likely to purchase a game that's shorter and sweet. especially in a genre I don't normally buy. 

I dunno. I'm thinking I'm gonna wait now. 23 hours isn't really all that long. Its a shame that a decade of effort led to a 23 hour adventure.

At least I know I can probably beat this game if I binge on it for 24 hours.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I'm 11 hours into the game, at chapter 3. I'm doing a lot of side-quests myself, not forcefully at all either. They just happen along the way, and since they're all fully voice-acted/tiny cut-scene it feels much more emerged.

@OP: I was able to download the Masamune sword. It looks dope, but it's basically a level 2 sword or something. Only 43 damage or something.