By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So, I just finished FFXV's story (23 hours in)

Tagged games:

think-man said:
I've been playing for 10 hours and im only in chapter 2 lol i like to take my time and explore though.

Hammerhead and Duscae are stupidly long compared to the other chapters (to complete the main quest). It accelerates quickly. IIRC my 14 hours post yesterday was still in Duscae, lol.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
23 hours of intense gameplay? Sounds like a blast especially when you more stuff still to do.

Right, I'll take 23 hours over a 60 hour slog.

I'm actually more interested in this game now.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Radek said:

So completionist will finish the game under 30 hours easily? I can't lie this makes me really dissapointed.
We expect RPG's to be longer than that, especially after 10 years (even though real development started in 2012 I think?)

I can't help but think how long and full of content Witcher 3 in comparison and it only took 3 and half years to make.
Got easily over 200 hours in this game with 2 expansions and every god damn side quest I could find.

No way,  no one in the world has platted it yet,  its still sitting at 0.0% plus I've been playing for 10 hours and im only at chapter 2 of 13 (i think there is 13) I've been doing everything before moving on with the story. 

I will wait with my judge after I finish game, but I really doubt that it can come close to my favourite Witcher 3... sadly

Hmm that's a bit shorter than I expected.. Then again, I like exploring and taking my time in RPG's so I'll probably take a lot longer ;P

Around the Network
Radek said:
RenCutypoison said:

Completionists will take at least 40 hours for the main quest. There are a lot of things to explore and side quests to do, the total should be about 60-70 hours.

But  you said you finished 1/3 of side quests and most of the contracts. 

Does the remaining stuff you didn't do really accounts for extra 30-40 hours? :O

I expect more side quests to pop up post-game (It was implied when I loaded my post-game save). There are things that changed in the game world between the time I went into the zone and the return, so I expect explorations to be renewed somehow. I didn't do as much fishing as I would have liked too, and I didn't try the chocobo races. There are also about 6-7 monster hunting contracts per restaurant, and only 2-3 are fair leveled when you get there for the main quest. There is also a system to go back in time and explore the zones as they were at time X.

23 hours, eh? Boy can't wait to see the speedruns on this game.

and WoFF took me nearly 80 hours to get the true ending

looks like FFXV difficulty were much easier than WoFF

RenCutypoison said:
starcraft said:
So if you had to put a generic number on it out of 10?

I ask because I am wondering if its worth pre-ordering or not for the pre-order bonuses.

9/10 if you're fine with shorter games. I haven't tried my preorder bonus, it's blocked until tuesday lol, so I can't tell if it's any good (masamune weapon).

The plot is a bit weak at first, but the story is told in the best way I've seen in a JRPG. Everything in the game screams that it took 10 years to achieve this level of perfection in the details.

I understand why some FF fans are disappointed - but I dont have a major issue with that sort of timeframe. Frankly as a full-time worker that suits me just fine as long as they are very enjoyable hours.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Ljink96 said:
I figured as much, the same numbers were thrown around with the first guy who leaked the ending. Final Fantasy games often take me around 20-30 hours to complete with exception of a few and the MMOs. They're not long games. They're jam packed with great experiences but it doesn't last as long as I would hope. Still getting the game but 10 years for 20 hours isn't a fair trade...at all.

This. Remember you get Excalibur ll for reaching the end of FF9 in under 12 hours. 

Im actually relieved. I spent 200+ hours playing ff12,SO3, and FFX and i'm not interested in playing a game for that long anymore. S05 could be beat in 20 hours. Im over 30.