By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Shadow1980 said:
Chris Hu said:

Exactly most jobs are non union now and Walmart is notoriously anti union.

I worked for Wal-Mart for 7-½ years. There was an unwritten rule that even simply talking about unionizing was grounds for immediate termination. Doesn't help that I live in South Carolina, where unions are effectively dead thanks to "right-to-work" laws.

So much for protecting the American working class.

Around the Network
WolfpackN64 said:
Shadow1980 said:

I worked for Wal-Mart for 7-½ years. There was an unwritten rule that even simply talking about unionizing was grounds for immediate termination. Doesn't help that I live in South Carolina, where unions are effectively dead thanks to "right-to-work" laws.

So much for protecting the American working class.

Unfortunately most jobs in America are non Union and on top of that most state and local governments are anti union also.

I have a pretty good quitting story from back in my high school days when I worked at KFC. I was a cook and one day I was so high that I thought it would be funny to grab a raw chicken leg and hold it to my groin area while poking my manager's ass with it. She laughed at first but then told me to stop. Lets just say I didn't stop quick enough. I was then pulled into the office and was told I can leave now or go back there and stop goofing off. Was probably hardest working cook they had so I was given a chance to keep the job. I sat there for 30 mins on the clock debating whether to quit or keep working. I decided to quit after she was getting impatient of lack of answering. On my way out this other teenager was like shit your quitting, I need a ride so I'll quit too. So we both walked out. I ended up going back to work KFC after a couple of months. I got busted smoking weed by the dumpsters on a trash run though by the same manager. She told me give me the weed or I call the cops. I then replied how about I just leave. So she walked in the store with me and I punched out and went to friends to finish the sack of weed. Great times!

Ka-pi96 said:
DonFerrari said:

In court of law witnessing a crime and not reporting it is a crime as well.

I don`t think making a swastika out of toilet roll counts as a crime though.

Hate crime/ Hate speech / Discrimination Crime/ etc in several countries.

LadyJasmine said:
DonFerrari said:

Not really....

I think to be honest if they fired you for that, they never liked you anways.

At work, a person got drunk at a workparty and ranted  on Islam and I stood there and listened. They asked me, why didn't I report it...

I said "I was not capable as I was drinking, which was allowed at a work party'

Being acessory to a crime is a crime. Bystanding a crime and not reporting can be considered a crime depending on what you witness.

Company is responsible for their image and can be sued by the indiviual actions of employees so they will terminate people that can create unecessary liability to them.

Perhaps your company and you were leniant, don't use that as a rule for other companies. I wouldn't bother being ofended like that as well, but if manager on a multinational would fire anyway to protect the company.

ktay95 said:
COKTOE said:

That truly sucks. I mean, that's pretty unfair imo. Slightly off topic: How did he build a swastika on top of a paper towel stack? Just trying to get mental image.

Ooh I'm at work right now, want me to go make one and take a pic??

Yes I want.

Faust said:
DonFerrari said:

but in this case, he is not being accused of commiting a crime, he was fired cause Walmart doesnt want to be associated with this people.

Yes I know, the company doesn't even need it to be considered a crime, the potential brand damage is enough for them to do the sack,

And funny about all comments. Several of the guys here saying it isn't fair, etc are the same that would laugh about the guy that had billions in loss because of a quoted remark about racism, violence against woman, etc.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

No reply from the OP. They must have shut him down like Bruce Wayne when Bane took all of his money in Dark Knight Rises.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
axumblade said:

Yeah. Im actually a little worried about him. He's gone radio silent and I guess he asked to be taken out of the mafia game. 

Gotta sort things out, let's give him so time.
Then we can start spamming his wall.

Sorting out is for amateurs. When I got fired recently what I did was chilling, increase my internet time and let other people look for jobs for me. A few months later I had the perfect job. Should be that easy for everyone, right?

Fun fact: in my thread I was getting a lot more condolences even though I was happy being fired while in here he gets ridiculed. Makes ya think.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

JWeinCom said:
Nogamez said:
Is displaying a swastika illegal where you live or dome thing? I mean surely it was made as a joke?

When you're working and in uniform, you're representing the store and the brand.  Making swastikas in your aisles is something that's going to alienate customers (hopefully) and possibly coworkers.  If this story is true, and he's a manager, the company can be liable for creating a hostile work environment (which is illegal).  If a customer or a coworker complains, it's an issue for the company. 

But, beyond all of that, if you have an employee who, while being paid to work, is doing stupid shit like building a swastika, or watching someone build a swastika, you're probably not going to want them anyway.  You know?

Edit:  I'm dubious of this story, but if someone had time to do this on black friday weekend, when there were surely hundreds of productive things to be done, then probably not a model employee.

Exactly.  It's like.. Take some electrical tape, and put a swastika on the entrance of the building.  See how many customers you loose.  Just because it's a joke doesn't mean it's funny or that it should be an acceptable thing to do while you're being paid.   It's really scary how tolerent people are on the whole manner.

BraLoD said:
vivster said:

Sorting out is for amateurs. When I got fired recently what I did was chilling, increase my internet time and let other people look for jobs for me. A few months later I had the perfect job. Should be that easy for everyone, right?

Fun fact: in my thread I was getting a lot more condolences even though I was happy being fired while in here he gets ridiculed. Makes ya think.

You betrayed the cause, you were supposed to laught society from inside your house without a job, but no, you go and get another job...

You hipster!

Didn't really had any choice. My PC threatened to kill me if I don't feed it new hardware. So I got a job I'm now stuck with until the end of time.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
BraLoD said:

Gotta sort things out, let's give him so time.
Then we can start spamming his wall.

We ridicule him because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a silent protector. A watchful guardian. A dark Knight.

d21lewis said:
vivster said:

We ridicule him because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a silent protector. A watchful guardian. A dark Knight.

So you say I can't take it? Dude, I've been to Nintendo tech threads.