By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
vivster said:
d21lewis said:

We ridicule him because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a silent protector. A watchful guardian. A dark Knight.

So you say I can't take it? Dude, I've been to Nintendo tech threads.

Impressive.

Next time you get fired, let me know. I'll heckle you! I like to think of it as motivation.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
vivster said:

So you say I can't take it? Dude, I've been to Nintendo tech threads.

Impressive.

Next time you get fired, let me know. I'll heckle you! I like to think of it as motivation.

I'm not through the trial period yet but sadly it looks like this one will hold for a while.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Good luck to you man.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Not sure how on your side I am... If customers saw what your friend was doing, it would have made news and that walmart would have had it's reputation dragged through the mud. Worst case scenario, the whole store could have been closed. That's how serious what your friend did was. No that's not an exaggeration, you just admitted that you're management. It's not that big of a jump to say "maybe the whole management team is like that."

As far as whether you were involved or not, do you have any evidence that you weren't involved? If not, this could just end up being a he said/she said argument and the courts could just throw out the whole case and you'll be stuck with a lot of legal expenses on top of being jobless.

DonFerrari said:
Intrinsic said:

This.

I am sorry about your job, but unless there is a part to this you aren't telling us I don't think what you have said are grounds for getting the sack. 

You can't be fired for simply being in the vicinity of some crazy person. 

In court of law witnessing a crime and not reporting it is a crime as well.

What crime was committed?

Around the Network

I can't get

"I!
I was fired by my boss tonight!
It must have been something we built!"

out of my head...

Customers reporting this would cause significant harm to Walmart's image, especially once it went viral due to all the racists coming out in fury post Drumpf's win. Anyone part of the event should be fired immediately.

I do not think you are nazi/racist/etc, but you should have called him out and ended it immediately.

I am not trying to belittle you or your job, but it was only retail. I'd take this as a forcing function to move on from retail. Make yourself more valuable by learning a trade, go to school, etc. In my region, call centers are great places to earn decent income with benefits and enough flexibility to go to school. Personally, I did that and then retail while I went to school. Hell, at times I worked 2 or 3 jobs while still going to school... that sucked. I know what its like to struggle and I know what its like to not. Its never too late to earn a degree in something that will bring you more happiness and an easier path in life. Including starting your own company if you know a trade/skill.

spurgeonryan said:
The first thing I did was Open door it in a 3 page email, then as I sat in the parking lot I post this deciding if I should drive home or wait until my usual time off.

Why did I post it here? Because this is my home, where I am comfortable. Everyone could have been jerks to me and I would be fine with it.

I will not be on much, have to fight for unemployment since it was gross miss conduct, then make my resume and think of an excuse to give my new work of why I don't work at walmart no more but have manager experience, and I have to contact the vfw and other employment legal aid.

My lawyer tomorrow.

Also to the guy who said "if real". I always post only real stuff here.

Thanks everyone, appreciate the support!

You know in all honesty I would say it would be in your best interest to be forward with this and try to put yourself in just the unlucky position of having been the duty manager when a silly prank happened, distance yourself from event of what happened but still don't try to hide why wallmart would have had to make an example of why you were blamed for the event so they would in no way be liable for any wrongdoing when they can pin it on the manager at the time.

Really sorry again for this shit, especially at Christmas, hope you get a decent human in the unemployment centre who helps you get yourself sorted out for the holidays. Sorry Ryan man.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

good luck

spurgeonryan said:
The first thing I did was Open door it in a 3 page email, then as I sat in the parking lot I post this deciding if I should drive home or wait until my usual time off.

Why did I post it here? Because this is my home, where I am comfortable. Everyone could have been jerks to me and I would be fine with it.

I will not be on much, have to fight for unemployment since it was gross miss conduct, then make my resume and think of an excuse to give my new work of why I don't work at walmart no more but have manager experience, and I have to contact the vfw and other employment legal aid.

My lawyer tomorrow.

Also to the guy who said "if real". I always post only real stuff here.

Thanks everyone, appreciate the support!

You don't need to lie though, but for sure you don't need to tell all. You can summarize that an employee under you missconducted and upper management didn't agree with how you disciplinated him. Or that your function was redunctant in the store you were working and since you were the youngest manager you were the one fired.

SkepticallyMinded said:
DonFerrari said:

In court of law witnessing a crime and not reporting it is a crime as well.

What crime was committed?

Drawing the nazi symbol can be interpreted as making racist remarks and framed as hate speech because of all that it entails, and since the store didn't call the police, just fired him it wouldn't even need to be a crime to become ground to termination.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."