By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
DonFerrari said:
spurgeonryan said:
The first thing I did was Open door it in a 3 page email, then as I sat in the parking lot I post this deciding if I should drive home or wait until my usual time off.

Why did I post it here? Because this is my home, where I am comfortable. Everyone could have been jerks to me and I would be fine with it.

I will not be on much, have to fight for unemployment since it was gross miss conduct, then make my resume and think of an excuse to give my new work of why I don't work at walmart no more but have manager experience, and I have to contact the vfw and other employment legal aid.

My lawyer tomorrow.

Also to the guy who said "if real". I always post only real stuff here.

Thanks everyone, appreciate the support!

You don't need to lie though, but for sure you don't need to tell all. You can summarize that an employee under you missconducted and upper management didn't agree with how you disciplinated him. Or that your function was redunctant in the store you were working and since you were the youngest manager you were the one fired.

SkepticallyMinded said:

What crime was committed?

Drawing the nazi symbol can be interpreted as making racist remarks and framed as hate speech because of all that it entails, and since the store didn't call the police, just fired him it wouldn't even need to be a crime to become ground to termination.

Again, what CRIME was committed?

Around the Network
SkepticallyMinded said:
DonFerrari said:

You don't need to lie though, but for sure you don't need to tell all. You can summarize that an employee under you missconducted and upper management didn't agree with how you disciplinated him. Or that your function was redunctant in the store you were working and since you were the youngest manager you were the one fired.

Drawing the nazi symbol can be interpreted as making racist remarks and framed as hate speech because of all that it entails, and since the store didn't call the police, just fired him it wouldn't even need to be a crime to become ground to termination.

You don't recognize hate speech as crime?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

SkepticallyMinded said:
DonFerrari said:

Depends on the country.  I'm pretty sure swastika's are illegal in Germany.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post%E2%80%93World_War_II_legality_of_Nazi_flags

DonFerrari said:
SkepticallyMinded said:

This is the United States of America, are you joking or just incredibly ignorant to US laws?

SkepticallyMinded said:
DonFerrari said:

This is the United States of America, are you joking or just incredibly ignorant to US laws?

I'm not an American Citizen, so please teach me.

And again there isn't a need for a crime to justify the termination.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

That suck mate. Hope things turn out alright for you. Sometimes life isn't fair.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

bunchanumbers said:
I once got detention in high school because I was standing by a student who was digging through the teachers desk. I was standing there because I had a question I needed help with but instead I got blamed for being a part of it by the teacher. The other students stood up for me and I still got detention.

So what he says is possible. Wrong place wrong time.

Lol I got a similar story.

Someone at my school borrowed the bolt cutters (you could do that if you lost your key), but instead gave them to someone and they cut other people's locks and stole stuff.

Because someone saw me next to the guy who borrowed the bult cutters, I got questioned wether that guy cut the lock. I said he didn't.

Then some piss weak cunt said that he did, but in actual fact he didn't.

Then i got called to the deans office he goes nuts at me saying I lied to him blah blah. I sad no i didn't and kept denying it. Then he took me to the princple to try and suspend me.

Princple asked if I was lying I said no. the dean was liek he is look at ihm blah blah. Principle said why are you lying. I said i'm not he didn't cut the locks. Then he showed me the cut locks and said well someone did. I said they did indeed but it wasn't that guy. Then he asked who was it I said X person. 

Then the dean was like why didn't you tell me. I said because you never asked, you asked if thisperson did it lol.

Then the principle is like were you scared to report it blah blah, you are a big bloke you could look after yourself against that person. I said I could, but your school policy is fighting means getting expelled so that i what would have happened if I snitched. 

Then he let me go  and siad fair point haha.

spurgeonryan said:

About a month back my fellow assistant built a swastika on top of a paper towel stack base in an aisle. I was next to him when he did it and did not do anything about it. We cleaned it up later, but my boss does not care.

I guess it should be a TIFU thread.

Now what?

Sorry to hear that. If you need help with your resume let me know, I write resumes in my off time, I can do some optimizing for you.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

that sucks, I know this is cliche but things will get better, they always do if you have the right attitude.

DonFerrari said:
SkepticallyMinded said:

I'm not an American Citizen, so please teach me.

And again there isn't a need for a crime to justify the termination.

Virtually all speech no matter how much it upsets you is protected under the 1st amendment. The only time it is not is when it is likely to incite imminent lawless actions. If I walk into the ghetto and start calling people the N word, it's likely to incite imminent lawless action in the form of retalliation via fist to my face. Under this circumstance my speech would not be protected. 

Never even mentioned termination or whether it was justified so I've no idea why you've insinuated I have. Time to collect yourself, you're losing it.